Can you Bind a P3s with out a Gimbal/Camera on

Reaction score
Hello just picked up a used Phantom 3 standard. (to add to the hanger). It did not come with a controller. So my question is can you bind a new controller to a Phantom 3 standard with out a Gimbal/ Camera attached. ( the gimbal/camera was not included either). I know the P3s can fly with out the gimbal/camera with the controller that was already binded. I tried to bind to a different controller with no luck. I was not sure it I was not doing it correctly. I was using the S2 switch way.
Thank you

Reactions: sgeiger
Maybe the controller and the Phantom3 are running different firmware versions?

Yes you can, but the LED on the controller will not turn green because it can't receive a confirmation signal from the P3S. Also when the P3S hasn't been used before you have a problem, because without the transmitter in the gimbal you can't register the drone with DJI.

Yes you can, but the LED on the controller will not turn green because it can't receive a confirmation signal from the P3S. Also when the P3S hasn't been used before you have a problem, because without the transmitter in the gimbal you can't register the drone with DJI.
Ok thank you.

will the led on the drone turn green ( the reset button) from red binging.

will the led on the drone turn green ( the reset button) from red binging.
I can't remember because it was almost a year ago i did this, but i believe it did. What i do remember is that the binding process didn't go easy. When the remote was in binding mode (it was beeping i believe) i had to press the link button on the P3S several times before it stopped blinking (on the drone).

After that i still couldn't start the engines because it wasn't registered, and i needed a gimbal to do that (but you may not have that problem).

edit: i found an old post of myself where i wrote the led on the drone will be green after binding.

Reactions: Tylerjurczyk
I can't remember because it was almost a year ago i did this, but i believe it did. What i do remember is that the binding process didn't go easy. When the remote was in binding mode (it was beeping i believe) i had to press the link button on the P3S several times before it stopped blinking (on the drone).

After that i still couldn't start the engines because it wasn't registered, and i needed a gimbal to do that (but you may not have that problem).

edit: i found an old post of myself where i wrote the led on the drone will be green after binding.
When you say registered you mean a new drone?

Ok think that may be my problem I did not try it a few times. i had to press the link button on the P3S several times before it stopped blinking (on the drone).

Ok think that may be my problem I did not try it a few times. i had to press the link button on the P3S several times before it stopped blinking (on the drone).
Yes, i held it down a few times long and short and suddenly it decided to link. When following the description in the manual it did not link.

Yes, i held it down a few times long and short and suddenly it decided to link. When following the description in the manual it did not link.
I was reading the manual and watching a youtube video ( both different ways) and was not able. I'll try what you said.
Thanks

Let us know, what happens, I'm a little confused with this thread, I thought you couldn't rebind without the gimbal. This the only thing I found that was related.

Remote connected. Please connect aircraft. Please help!!

Rod
Rod my saniro is I picked up a used Phantom 3 standard with out a controller. Also with out a gimbal or camera. Now knowing that the telemetry comes from the gimbal. I will not be getting any feed back for the DJI Go app. I did the S2 switch toggle and then pushed the button on the bottom of the drone. Did not get any where. Now with Phantomic help I think it may work just need the time.

Rod my saniro is I picked up a used Phantom 3 standard with out a controller. Also with out a gimbal or camera. Now knowing that the telemetry comes from the gimbal. I will not be getting any feed back for the DJI Go app. I did the S2 switch toggle and then pushed the button on the bottom of the drone. Did not get any where. Now with Phantomic help I think it may work just need the time.
Yeah, let us know I read through this about 3 times.

Rod :)

After having some time to spend with the P3s. Trying to bind the controller to the drone I was not able to get it to bind. Just so we are all on the same understanding. This controller had never been linked to this drone before. Both the drone & controller had been used with other components. I'm not sure if it is the reason for me not being able to bind? I don't know if the password maybe something to do with it. At this point I'm going to see if I can borrow a gimbal to see if I can get this thing working.

After having some time to spend with the P3s. Trying to bind the controller to the drone I was not able to get it to bind. Just so we are all on the same understanding. This controller had never been linked to this drone before. Both the drone & controller had been used with other components. I'm not sure if it is the reason for me not being able to bind? I don't know if the password maybe something to do with it. At this point I'm going to see if I can borrow a gimbal to see if I can get this thing working.
I think that if you had the controller and the Phantom linked. Then unhook the gimbal you could still fly.
Also,
If you try to do a link and fails because of the missing gimbal, because it fails, it resets and would still work with same controller, but one time, on another thread that I was apart of, he had worked on his Phantom tried relink and never got to link.

Password? for the remote, WiFi to the mobile app?
Wouldn't be a factor, the password is just related to the connection to remote and the mobile device. You can resest that to default on the remote anyway.

The procedure to bind with the Phantom and Remote without the app would have nothing to do with a password.

Rod

I think that if you had the controller and the Phantom linked. Then unhook the gimbal you could still fly.
Also,
If you try to do a link and fails because of the missing gimbal, because it fails, it resets and would still work with same controller, but one time, on another thread that I was apart of, he had worked on his Phantom tried relink and never got to link.

Password? for the remote, WiFi to the mobile app?
Wouldn't be a factor, the password is just related to the connection to remote and the mobile device. You can resest that to default on the remote anyway.

The procedure to bind with the Phantom and Remote without the app would have nothing to do with a password.

Rod
Ok I was not sure about the password part.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan