Can not calibrate compass

Reaction score
Hello all. I received my phantom 3 standard yesterday and have read the manual thoroughly yet am unable to calibrate the compass
The DJI app says strong magnetic interference move to new area. I have moved multiple times to the middle of fields not near any metal or power lines with same result every time. Lights blink from yellow to red
Is the compass screwed up out of the box?

Do I need to do something with firmware?

I just went online and updated the firmware I am going to drive to different location and try compass calibration

You may want to try an IMU calibration. Go to the screen that has the Sensors selection and select that . then , after making sure the drone is on a very level flat surface and not moving, select calibrate imu. Will take about 15 minutes. Leave everything on, do not disturb. This will probably do the job.

Drove to local soccer field. Tried calibrating in middle of field. With same result. Thinking unit is defective

Could that be it?
Yes. You should make sure you have no metallic objects on you when calibrating the compass. That includes rings, watches, phones, etc.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl