Can I start over???

Reaction score
Open letter to the whole forum:

Firstly, I am aware that beginning this thread is narcissistic but I have to do this in order to not just dump this account and start again.

I am sorry for anything and everything that I have said from here and before.

I have considered just abandoning this account and starting over but I like to own myself and be myself. I am far from a perfect person. My original bad rub was the long winded post when I was just trying to feed you guys a good link to a MicroSD card. It was definitely WAYYY too long and I knew it when I hit send and I should have made it more concise and I thought I played around with the ribbing until I felt it was nasty but I apologize for letting it get out of handISH.

I can blab too much, be arrogant but I am also VERY loving, I feel like I'm knowledgeable enough to at least be useful and no, not the kind where "he knows just enough to get in trouble" ;) . I am not trying to flex my muscles but I've been using RC quads (most recently) and other RC devices since I was a kid and I am a professional cinematographer/VFX Artist/VFX Supervisor/Writer/Director/Promoter. I say professional as in without being a VFX Supervisor and artist and occasional cinematographer I would not be able to support my family. I also, and have been since I was a college kid a producer of concert events and festivals and occasionally a one off comedy event. I use my drone for almost all of these type of jobs.

There are a ton of great people here and a wonderful community and I can see it around me and I will take all the blame for all of the threads where I've been stubborn, maybe wrong and indeed rubbed wrong and apparently rubbed people wrong.

For that, I truly and emphatically apologize and hope the forum will let me hit the reset button and let me earn a better stature around here, especially @Meta4

In advance, as I know you will, I thank you all.

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for being man enough to realize when things have gotten away from you and having the courage to say so. Apology accepted. :)

Some of our best members have had battles with staff, battles with members, gotten banned, but somehow rose above it and transformed into great members. You will always be welcome here until your not ;)

Thanks for sticking with it!

Thank you for being man enough to realize when things have gotten away from you and having the courage to say so. Apology accepted. :)

Some of our best members have had battles with staff, battles with members, gotten banned, but somehow rose above it and transformed into great members. You will always be welcome here until your not ;)

It's "YOU'RE".

I'm joking! Thank you very much. That was extremely kind of you to say. You too Dirk.

Reactions: dirkclod
There are a ton of great people here and a wonderful community and I can see it around me and I will take all the blame for all of the threads where I've been stubborn, maybe wrong and indeed rubbed wrong and apparently rubbed people wrong.

For that, I truly and emphatically apologize and hope the forum will let me hit the reset button and let me earn a better stature around here, especially @Meta4

In advance, as I know you will, I thank you all.

;)

I didn't realize that you were also the MicroSD card guy. See, what @Meta4 said is true. Everything is forgotten after a few days anyway. That MicroSD thread sure generated a ton of clicks didn't it?

I'm glad and impressed that you followed through on your promise to apologize. I think it will go a long way around here.

Not that I'm anything special at all, but in my book I consider you officially reset and started over. I look forward to learning from your experience.

Cheers sir!

Thank you for the acceptance of my apology but it wasn't because or a promise. I just decided I came in here and was acting too strong headed regardless of whether I think/thought I was right and was apologizing for the insuring behavior regardless of anything.

And I am truly apologetic about it as everyone around here is quite kind.

*apologise.
You say tomato, I say potato.

Apologize here is the states. :) And on this one you can't claim the Queen's English set the standard first. Apologize was first. Haha. Btw, I know this is all tongue and cheek in case there is doubt. Apologise vs. apologize - Grammarist

We also say filet as "fill-lay"

And I can name about a thousand more as I often live for weeks at a time in London, Petersborough, Newbury (southwest of London) and a couple other British areas.

Reactions: wolvesfc
You say tomato, I say potato.

Apologize here is the states. :) And on this one you can't claim the Queen's English set the standard first. Apologize was first. Haha. Btw, I know this is all tongue and cheek in case there is doubt. Apologise vs. apologize - Grammarist

We also say filet as "fill-lay"

And I can name about a thousand more as I often live for weeks at a time in London, Petersborough, Newbury (southwest of London) and a couple other British areas.

:) just messing... Fair play. We did invent America though.. ;P

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

:) just messing... Fair play. We did invent America though.. ;P

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Yup. Just a Yankee Doodle Dandy here. Hahaha

Fun fact: Yankee Doodle is a song that Americans sing and play on the 4th, etc but it's a song that Brits used to sing to make fun of us during the war.

Yes you can have a mulligan, do over, reset, redo and even pass go again if my vote counts.

Everyone at some point gets a kink in their rope or a hitch in their giddy up.

Take me, for example, I really like people. All people, well except the moderators here and of course some members here aren't really my cup of tea.
Come to think of it.......on this forum, I really only like you and me when it gets right down to it and our respective posts.....hang on here, actually I'm sort of doubting how much I like you now.......... seems the only two good things that came out of Californy was Interstate 10 and Ron Reagan.............

I'm glad you decided to stay and kudos to you for rectifying any real or perceived injustices.

We have a pretty good group of folk here on the forum that contribute valuable info for our consumption and Mods that do a stellar job of moderating considering their clientele.

Yes you can have a mulligan, do over, reset, redo and even pass go again if my vote counts.

Everyone at some point gets a kink in their rope or a hitch in their giddy up.

Take me, for example, I really like people. All people, well except the moderators here and of course some members here aren't really my cup of tea.
Come to think of it.......on this forum, I really only like you and me when it gets right down to it and our respective posts.....hang on here, actually I'm sort of doubting how much I like you now.......... seems the only two good things that came out of Californy was Interstate 10 and Ron Reagan.............

I'm glad you decided to stay and kudos to you for rectifying any real or perceived injustices.

We have a pretty good group of folk here on the forum that contribute valuable info for our consumption and Mods that do a stellar job of moderating considering their clientele.
Hey man. Didn't see this the other day. @Air Ontario that was very kindly stated and I truly appreciate it.

I laughed pretty hard too! Great Post! :)

Who's had battles with staff?
@dirkclod still up to his usual tricks?
200w.gif

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
I
Myself and Dirks shenanigans go back a long way in here. Try find an admin who hasn't given me a warning, doubt you'll find one
When Mal logs on alarms start going off and the entire team goes on red alert! :eek::D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl