Can i charge the battery phantom 3 pro using phantom 3 standard charger?i

Post 7 : I stated clearly :

"But both the 57 and 100W chargers can do any of the Phantom 3 batterys without problem."

Never ignored his question in fact. I cannot help it if he cannot read it and asks the question again ...

No game .. you put out crap info ... and in doing that YOU opened the can of worms ...

I'm not interested to be honest with your excuses .... as I said my piece and answered his questions much earlier.

Bye .....

Nigel

I know.. I'm new and stepped in your little pond. I get it.. not the first time I've seen those types on a forum. :D

Woaaahh what happen you guys calm down i just need your opinion and help we are here to help and answers question no need to argue everyone actually thanks both of you who help and comment am gladly thankful am gonna read all this information about Cheersmate Peace everyone

Reactions: Loz
No worries J ...

Always there to help.

Nigel

Wow. That was a lot to read. LOL

To put it in simple terms....

All Phantom 3 batteries are the same. There is no such thing as a "Standard battery" or "Professional battery". YES, you can use the 57w (Standard, Advanced) charger or the 100w (Professional) charger. The battery doesn't care. The 100w is (obviously) going to charge to 100% quicker.... but the end result is exactly the same.

And if you read, then you would have noticed I was talking in the broadest possible terms in order to make the general principle easy enough to understand that he could quickly calculate himself into the "ballpark" of what he could "reasonable" expect (+/- 5 or 10mins of his time).

I design integrated mobile power systems (120v/12v, solar, battery bank, inverter, charger, generator systems) for a living. I don't think it's really necessary to explain about ohms law, 3/4/5 stage charging systems, frequency modulation\pairing, the different merits of the 2 dozen or so different lithium chemistries used in todays cells or the really exciting active pass through diode technology coming out.

I guess for that matter... not even so much as the difference between a bulk, saturation charge or "why" his brick get's hot.. just so a guy can "kinda" get a decent idea of about how long his 4.48ah LiPo battery will take to charge. I try to keep a sembelence of perspective. ;)

But if it helps any, as a primer for anyone that want to start a little self research. :D
View attachment 81074

So what do say? Let's stop jamming up this poor guy thread with what is, to him and the greater majority of others, utterly useless information.;)
Well said and my sentiments exactly. I'm afraid Nigel likes to "blow his own trumpet" and try and impress people with his tales to try and impress people + huge quantities of totally unnecessary information which can only confuse the majority of people when all they want is a simple answer..... in this case, yes or no. Unfortunately, he does this on the dji forum as well and succeeds in rubbing a lot of people up the wrong way. Sadly, he can't see it!!!

Here we go ...

It may surprise some here that i receive a lot of thanks privately by email etc. for providing information. And quite often in those thanks are comments about the poor regard by some for providing such.
If anyone cares to follow the thread here ... it will be seen that it progressed on from just simple charger question to matters that took the subject further.

Trouble is some people just cannot accept a 'free handout' of information gleaned over years. It seems to be a particularly poor trait of the 'Drone world' when compared to other RC disciplines. The mis-information and rubbish that is repeated by some is truly amazing.

I freely give to anyone who wants. I am one of those who is always ready to help a newbie fly his model ... start his engine ... whatever he wants WITHOUT invading his space. If my attitude of helping annoys - then just ignore me - because I will continue to help.

And to say "Sadly, he can't see it!!!" is just ridiculous. I fully understand that some object - that's their choice. Problem is they don't look further than their own dented egos. Majority who voice - I find are the least helpful to those looking for help.

So stop the petty rubbish and accept that not everyone follows your rules. The OP has been given the answer about the two chargers by me in Post 7 as well as by others ... the subject was then expanded and I corrected misinformation. The OP has now a broader understanding. If that now provides enough to have him safely fly his batterys / model - then that is a plus and I am pleased for him.

Get over it ... stop looking a 'Gift horse in the mouth' as they say.

Nigel

Last edited:
Reactions: Matts175

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West