Can i charge the battery phantom 3 pro using phantom 3 standard charger?i

Reaction score
is it possible that can charge this battery dji phantom 3 pro to dji phantom 3 standard charger?

what do you think how many hours can full charge?

They are the same batteries, just different chargers. Mine take approximately 1-1.25 hrs to charge on the standard charger if they are below 30%. Since I don't normally let them get that low or are in storage mode, it takes 45 minutes to an hour.

Reactions: Jhumerjay
They are the same batteries, just different chargers. Mine take approximately 1-1.25 hrs to charge on the standard charger if they are below 30%. Since I don't normally let them get that low or are in storage mode, it takes 45 minutes to an hour.
thanks buddy i appreciate that

Reactions: Nickster
Same batteries, same chargers. The standard and advanced are generally packaged with the 57watt charger and the pro with the 100watt, but the chargers and batteries are completely interchangeable. I have a 100watt to go with my advanced to charge the batteries and use the stock 57watt'r to charge the controller.

Absolute non-issue. Go for it!

Note: Even though the patch ends are both attached to the same charger as a convenience, you should not charge a controller and battery at the same time and the 57watt OR 100watt.

The DJI 57W charger with the P3S does not charge any controller at all .... it has no plug or connection for it. Only the 100W DJI power supply has plugs for both Controller and Battery.

But both the 57 and 100W chargers can do any of the Phantom 3 batterys without problem.

Nigel

what do you think how many hours can full charge?

It's current that recharges the battery.. not wattage (wattage just "pushes" the current), so you can't expect a 100w to charge twice as fast as a 57w. There are other factors in play (Ohms) The 57w puts out 3.3a and the 100w about 5.4.

1000mah's = 1ah (amp hour) so a battery with a 4480mah capacity holds 4.48ah's. A 3.3amp charger is pushing 3.3a/hr. The 5.4amp charger 5.4a/hr. Depending on the current SOC (state of charge) of your battery, and doing a little basic math you should get a "really" good idea of what you're charge time should be. Ie., 50% soc=2240mah (or 2.24ah). On a 5.5amp charger you're looking, loosely, at around 20min. (not factoring in bulk/absorption rates) Close enough for horeshoes and hand grenades. ;)

Reactions: upgo and Jhumerjay
The DJI 57W charger with the P3S does not charge any controller at all .... it has no plug or connection for it. Only the 100W DJI power supply has plugs for both Controller and Battery.

But both the 57 and 100W chargers can do any of the Phantom 3 batterys without problem.

Nigel
so in this case buddy can i use the charger in my phantom 3 standard

It's current that recharges the battery.. not wattage (wattage just "pushes" the current), so you can't expect a 100w to charge twice as fast as a 57w. There are other factors in play (Ohms) The 57w puts out 3.3a and the 100w about 5.4.

1000mah's = 1ah (amp hour) so a battery with a 4480mah capacity holds 4.48ah's. A 3.3amp charger is pushing 3.3a/hr. The 5.4amp charger 5.4a/hr. Depending on the current SOC (state of charge) of your battery, and doing a little basic math you should get a "really" good idea of what you're charge time should be. Ie., 50% soc=2240mah (or 2.24ah). On a 5.5amp charger you're looking, loosely, at around 20min. (not factoring in bulk/absorption rates) Close enough for horeshoes and hand grenades. ;)
thats a good explainable but i am poor in math when i was a student i have a failed in math thats why i hate it hahaha cheers mate :D

l[/QUOTE]
thats a good explainable but i am poor in math when i was a student i have a failed in math thats why i hate it hahaha cheers mate :D

Keep it simple. Your 100w charger outputs 5.4a, that's 5400ma. 5400 is bigger than 4480 so even discharged to 0% it will take less than an hour to completely refill. Now you know.. if your battery read 50%. That's half of your battery. To put back the other half it will take half of less than an hour. :grinning:

The DJI 57W charger with the P3S

The 57w orginally boxed with a P3S.. you're right. Thanks for keeping me honest. Every other DJI 57w charger boxed with any other P3... or available for stand-alone purchase.. anywhere... then no. They all come with controller plugs attached.

This is Charger in My Dji PHANTOM 3 Standard

Attachments

• IMAG1133.jpg
    IMAG1133.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 404
Yup. Exactly! DJI Rev.02 57watt battery charger with 3.3a output. Original P3S charger with no controller output. Battery only.

You're golden!

On edit: As long as you only need to charge main batteries.

OK ... because someone has raised this 'elephant' ..... lets put it right.

The wattage of an output device determines the maximum load it can handle. Take the 57W power supply (regardless of what DJI say - they ARE NOT chargers - they are REGULATED 17.4V POWER SUPPLIES commonly termed : "dumb bricks" - because they don't care what you plug them into, and they will keep supplying power until something external cuts the link). Back to the 57W ... it will supply AT MAXIMUM and NO LOAD resistance 3.27A .... note NO LOAD .... but because you are pushing energy into a battery that has resistance - that amps figure never reaches that high. In fact you would be lucky to hit 2.5 - 3.0A with a battery at 30 - 40% etc. As the battery charge increases - the resistance load increases until the amps near final are very low ... only the CONSTANT VOLTAGE output stays same.

With the 100W power supply ... the maximum NO LOAD amps would be 5.74A, but again it will never reach that figure.

People saying half hour charge etc. are actually only getting that because they are not charging from low charge level of battery.

I charge my P3 batterys with DJI 'brick' as well as proper LiPo chargers. I see on the chargers actual amps and voltage as the battery charges up and I can tell you those amp figures never approach the max ... not even close.

Only way you could do that would be to use a CONSTANT CURRENT charger ... but then you'd run risk of over-voltage.

It is wrong to just quote AMPS as the charge criteria ... its a combination of all three : VOLTS, WATTS and AMPS.

DJI have basically set a parameter of approx. 1C maximum rate ... which 1C for those who don't know - is rate to supply total capacity in 1hr. So a 4500mAh battery would need a charge rate of 4.5A at the max voltage stated for battery to be 1C. As above - the DJI 100W supply does not actually exceed 1C because of battery resistance to charge keeping it down. If the 100W could deliver 5.7A ... it is still quite safe for a DJI as most LiPo's today particularly of the HV type can take a higher rate, but the limiting factor on DJI now would be the charge control board inside and for user to not exceed that.

Battery charging put simply is just not a simple capacity / Amps calculation. That is why people expecting to charge in 30mins end up waiting 40mins or more ...

Nigel

Battery charging put simply is just not a simple capacity / Amps calculation. That is why people expecting to charge in 30mins end up waiting 40mins or more ...

And if you read, then you would have noticed I was talking in the broadest possible terms in order to make the general principle easy enough to understand that he could quickly calculate himself into the "ballpark" of what he could "reasonable" expect (+/- 5 or 10mins of his time).

I design integrated mobile power systems (120v/12v, solar, battery bank, inverter, charger, generator systems) for a living. I don't think it's really necessary to explain about ohms law, 3/4/5 stage charging systems, frequency modulation\pairing, the different merits of the 2 dozen or so different lithium chemistries used in todays cells or the really exciting active pass through diode technology coming out.

I guess for that matter... not even so much as the difference between a bulk, saturation charge or "why" his brick get's hot.. just so a guy can "kinda" get a decent idea of about how long his 4.48ah LiPo battery will take to charge. I try to keep a sembelence of perspective. ;)

But if it helps any, as a primer for anyone that want to start a little self research. :D
ohms-law.jpg

So what do say? Let's stop jamming up this poor guy thread with what is, to him and the greater majority of others, utterly useless information.;)

That is your opinion and I for one value when others pass on to me information that helps me understand items.

For your information - I may be in Shipping and prior to that Navigation Professional ... but I also have had over 40yrs sorting out RV systems as an owner of boats and RV vehicles ... embracing solar ... bridge systems ... charging ... etc. etc. etc. ... so what ? I don't need to give CV or to read yours.

The posts I made on this thread are more accurate than yours and pass on to the guy and others information they can ignore or use.

How are people to improve their use and knowledge of items if we follow your last post ? AND that in a previous post you made fundamental errors - no wonder the Drone Community has so many falsehoods that persist in it !! If information is poor and in error - its worse than no information.

Again I say - its up to people to use or ignore - not for you to decide what I post ...

Nigel

Technically accurate, yes. But when you start "calling out" the ".. because someone has raised this 'elephant' ..... lets put it right." statments and attacking another's post, that's a bit over the line.

The guy asked a simple question. I don't personally believe he needs a technicians crash course to ensure he understand every electrical principle involved. If he had further questions.. then sure. Throwing out your technical knowledge to qualify every point of contention you have with a post isn't productive and every bit as much as throwing out your CV.

Someone with your experience should have been able to recognize it was a very introductory "concept" explanation that would have suited his purposes. 'can I use this charger to charge my battery?' 'about how long will it take?'.

You joined the thread and pointed out every minute point that was marginally incorrect, but had no bearing, and contributed nothing helpful to the OP. Even when he asked you a direct question. You ignored him.

Nuff said.. I don't play this game. Carry on, friend. :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl