Can anyone solve this?

Reaction score
I've owned a Phantom 2 for a year and I've had my first problem. I'm in Naza and I get
Quick green and red blinks and then a steady red that sometimes lasts for 5 seconds.

Green-red-red-red-loooong red.

Obviously steady red is an error of some sort. The first time this happened, the motors wouldn't start. I switched batteries and then it worked fine.

Now the same steady red follows the green-red-red blinks but it will always come out of it and perform correctly. After it finds all satellites, she is ready to go and I no longer get any red.

This is so inconsistent to what I'm used to. Has anyone ever had this problem?
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

What does the PC say? If I need to diagnose, I take a laptop to an open field and see what the warnings are.

Does this happen at the same place? Maybe you're near a NFZ. You are allowed to fly but with restricted height.

Another could be your sticks needing calibration.

Reactions: Pilot11six
Where on the screen would it show an error in the assistant software?
When I first hooked it up to the PC, there was a blinking icon in the bottom right but it disappeared after a few minutes. I clicked on it a few times and there would be a small window popping up in the low right of my computer screen but it was blank. ? Finally it just went away and didn't show up anymore.
I'll run the stick calibration today.

It doesn't happen at the same place. In fact, it's happening where I normally fly in my backyard and it's never happened before. This whole thing started when I was flying at a golf course about 30 miles away from where usually fly.

Sounds like stick calibration or a compass issue, the phantom assistant normally pops up a box near your clock warning you of any issues.

Page 34 of the Manual (P2 non-vision) simply says "Errors & Aircraft cannot fly."

It also states. as Mako79 has, to hook up to P2 Assistant for "...detailed information about warnings and errors".

Page 34 further illustrates that abnormal compass data is indicated by red/yellow alternating.

Sounds good guys! Thanks! I'll calibrate the sticks, compass, and if that doesn't settle the issue I'll take a laptop outside and watch for the error to pop up. [emoji106]

You shuld try the various remedies individually.

If you do them all at once you won't know which one(s) solved your problem
Sounds good guys! Thanks! I'll calibrate the sticks, compass, and if that doesn't settle the issue I'll take a laptop outside and watch for the error to pop up. [emoji106]

You should try the various remedies individually.

If you do them all at once you won't know which one(s) solved your problem.

Thanks for the tip! I'll do them separate. I'm impatient and need people to slow me down. Thanks. [emoji41][emoji3]

Can I calibrate the sticks in Phantom assistant? Or do I need to download the specific RC assistant like in this video?

IIRC, it's been a long time, you first cal the sticks/RC with the RC Assistant then cal the RC to the quad with the P2 Assistant.

Calibrated the sticks and the quad started giving me a continuous red, green, yellow. Saw that it might be an IMU issue. Did an IMU advanced calibration. Everything seems to be working normally. Thanks guys!

Reactions: crash1sttime

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl