Campaign for the replacement of all P3A /Ps with old motors and shells

Interestingly there seem to be (in an anecdotal way that seems to pass as fact here) as many problems with the new shells and motors as the old one.

Wouldn't that be a wonderfully ironic, you "upgrade" your old bird which has proven to be crack free over hundreds of flights for a new one that cracks quickly.

Just a thought, but I would hang onto mine even if I was offered an "upgrade"

Its always "fun" criticize or ignore other, users when they have problems, that isn`t OUR problem.....

3 weeks ago, after+- 24 flight, i notice to big cracks on 2 different engines, near those 2 screws....

Contact the dealer here in my country, ask photos including SN on the box, which i send, and after some hours contact me and inform me that DJI will replace my shell, and recognise this problem on the old Shell`s..and even some clients ont the store complain about the same problem

No big issues of questions were made, he send my P3A to RMA in Germany. They did reply fast (DJI), of course, after access my logs and confirm it wasn`t my fault...or a stupid crash or user problem...

Question:
- Will i receive the new Shell V2?
- If not, why are they repairing with the old one, instead the new one?
- Will they install the new board, engine and shell?

If they install just the old one, who`s to blame here? How many more flights will go ok? 10? 20? 80?

Too bad in some continents, buyer don`t have access more warranty`s like 2 years.....

P.S - Just reinforcing above said, above any doubts: Never ever i made any mistake on any flight, like crash`s, water, winds above 10km, etc,etc. Im a "poor" guy, i can`t have the luxury to damage, loose a bird like this one.
Yes, i have a lot of training with previous birds only manually without fancy`s helps.......

Interestingly there seem to be (in an anecdotal way that seems to pass as fact here) as many problems with the new shells and motors as the old one.

Wouldn't that be a wonderfully ironic, you "upgrade" your old bird which has proven to be crack free over hundreds of flights for a new one that cracks quickly.

Just a thought, but I would hang onto mine even if I was offered an "upgrade"
As a mater of fact it would be even more ironic if DJI found themselfs with a nice lawsuit for violating H&S and unfair trading regulations in the United Kingdom and the EU if their products appear to be faulty beyond improvement (that is what u sugested) due to fundamental material and design flaws ? Because what you just said implies the latter.... so no it would not be ironic it would be an even bigger issue...

Its always "fun" criticize or ignore other, users when they have problems, that isn`t OUR problem.....

3 weeks ago, after+- 24 flight, i notice to big cracks on 2 different engines, near those 2 screws....

Contact the dealer here in my country, ask photos including SN on the box, which i send, and after some hours contact me and inform me that DJI will replace my shell, and recognise this problem on the old Shell`s..and even some clients ont the store complain about the same problem

No big issues of questions were made, he send my P3A to RMA in Germany. They did reply fast (DJI), of course, after access my logs and confirm it wasn`t my fault...or a stupid crash or user problem...

Question:
- Will i receive the new Shell V2?
- If not, why are they repairing with the old one, instead the new one?
- Will they install the new board, engine and shell?

If they install just the old one, who`s to blame here? How many more flights will go ok? 10? 20? 80?

Too bad in some continents, buyer don`t have access more warranty`s like 2 years.....

P.S - Just reinforcing above said, above any doubts: Never ever i made any mistake on any flight, like crash`s, water, winds above 10km, etc,etc. Im a "poor" guy, i can`t have the luxury to damage, loose a bird like this one.
Yes, i have a lot of training with previous birds only manually without fancy`s helps.......
This is it brother with you all the way.

Reactions: Mordor
I agree. Let this thread die. I should be the example of why you are behaving foolishly Spock. Fly until you get cracks then either send it in and cross your fingers you get a new shell, or buy a new shell and replace it yourself as I did. The main board,esc, motor issue isn't really worth addressing. This is what I have done and I'm at 400 ish hours of flight.

As a mater of fact it would be even more ironic if DJI found themselfs with a nice lawsuit for violating H&S and unfair trading regulations in the United Kingdom and the EU if their products appear to be faulty beyond improvement (that is what u sugested) due to fundamental material and design flaws ? Because what you just said implies the latter.... so no it would not be ironic it would be an even bigger issue...

FFS man, your 1 customer that DJI probably wishes never bought their product nothing more.

No DJI would not find themselves in a lawsuit for "violating H&S" whatever the duck that means? (Is there a specific law you're referring to?) as you shouldn't be operating it in any manner that means it would be close enough to anyone to cause harm to anyone anyway.

In your case DJI could pass blame onto you anyway as you've modified the controller, carried it around in a bag which you openly admit was £5 worth of DIY (and doesn't give adequate protection) and it looks like you may be using aftermarket props to? So you've modified your equipment, voiding the warranty and meaning it's impossible to tell what the cause of any future faults may be.

"Unfair trading regulations" is this another one of your made up laws? If the upgrades had simply been called the Phantom 4 would you even have bothered starting this little crusade?

I am not implying their product is "faulty beyond improvement" just you've added 1 + 1 and come up with 3.76 billion again (as you seem to on a regular basis)

What I am saying is mostly that cracks seem to occur within the first 20 or so flights, the best explanation I've seen seems to be the screws were over torqued. Given that you've flown well past that with yours (as I have mine) it's fair to assume ours doesn't have that problem. Swapping it may mean you swap to one that does as there also seems to be cracks on the new ones.

You're just p!$$ed that DJI did some tweaks (as ever single manufacturer I know of does) and you're throwing you're rattle out your pram that you bought an early one.

I'm not going to bother reading this thread anymore so don't be annoyed if I don't reply to anything else.

Let's just say if by the time the P4 comes out your little campaign wasn't successful and DJI hasn't found themselves in a lawsuit for "violating H&S" take it as a giant "I told you so" if however, either of these happen I promise I'll post a video of me publicly apologising to you and admitting you are a god amongst men.

WAH, WAH WAH, what a bunch of crybabies. DJI comes out with something..."better...faster...stronger" and now you want them to replace your 'old' versions? Get real. Go fly and shut up

Reactions: gppms
Mr. Spock, perhaps you should sell your tricked-out but hardly flown P3A and buy the Yuneec Q500 4K Typhoon instead?.... Typhoon 4K | Yuneec – Electric Aviation I've heard they give very personalized customer service and the price point is very competitive for what you get... I saw a guy flying one of these fresh from the box today and it's a very nice quad platform...

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=901399956561745&id=100000752468523&set=gm.1217062138308913

Please visit the official DJI Facebook page on the above link and post your thoughts too on the subject matter as well as here.

According to DJI 's announcement (see pic) on the DJI support Facebook site:
"New 2312A motors are more stable and balanced compare to the old ones."

Why can't we have replacemnts of our "old" (anythibg bought before September sometime) P3A/Ps is the shells are cracking (known issue to DJI for some time now) and our motors are less stable?

Why can't i have the best that my money can buy when someone else that bought his P3 latter has these new motors and new reinforced shell?
Because there will ALWAYS be something newer and better the second you purchase something. It's futile to try and ways have the best and newest.

Open it and fly it. The odds are that you will not have any issues. If you do, DJI will replace it.
Thanks for all your responses... I opened it up over the weekend... it does have the 'old' motors etc.

As per your great advice I'm just goind to 'wind my neck in' (a british expression) and get on and enjoy it!

OMG! I've only had about 30 flights with my P3P and I just checked it for cracks... there aren't any! Am I blind or am I just insanely lucky, or what? Should I give up while I'm ahead?

Not bloody likely :D

You're missing the point. It's not rocket science. Spock doesn't want the motors for free, he just wants a reliable safe product. He shouldn't have to 'fix it himself'. If DJI had admitted the new spec was down to shell cracks as is the only logical conclusion chances are everyone cussing him would be sending there birds in. I think the reason these shells are cracking is down to cheap plastic. I would hazard a guess the material used in the P4 is completely different.

Reactions: Mordor and Mr.Spock
FFS man, your 1 customer that DJI probably wishes never bought their product nothing more.

No DJI would not find themselves in a lawsuit for "violating H&S" whatever the duck that means? (Is there a specific law you're referring to?) as you shouldn't be operating it in any manner that means it would be close enough to anyone to cause harm to anyone anyway.

In your case DJI could pass blame onto you anyway as you've modified the controller, carried it around in a bag which you openly admit was £5 worth of DIY (and doesn't give adequate protection) and it looks like you may be using aftermarket props to? So you've modified your equipment, voiding the warranty and meaning it's impossible to tell what the cause of any future faults may be.

"Unfair trading regulations" is this another one of your made up laws? If the upgrades had simply been called the Phantom 4 would you even have bothered starting this little crusade?

I am not implying their product is "faulty beyond improvement" just you've added 1 + 1 and come up with 3.76 billion again (as you seem to on a regular basis)

What I am saying is mostly that cracks seem to occur within the first 20 or so flights, the best explanation I've seen seems to be the screws were over torqued. Given that you've flown well past that with yours (as I have mine) it's fair to assume ours doesn't have that problem. Swapping it may mean you swap to one that does as there also seems to be cracks on the new ones.

You're just p!$$ed that DJI did some tweaks (as ever single manufacturer I know of does) and you're throwing you're rattle out your pram that you bought an early one.

I'm not going to bother reading this thread anymore so don't be annoyed if I don't reply to anything else.

Let's just say if by the time the P4 comes out your little campaign wasn't successful and DJI hasn't found themselves in a lawsuit for "violating H&S" take it as a giant "I told you so" if however, either of these happen I promise I'll post a video of me publicly apologising to you and admitting you are a god amongst men.
Hello all DJI paying customers

(Excluding DJI staff police, DJI fun-boys and other vendor affiliated members)

The response to this post by me comes for us DJI Phantom 3 paying customers that like to voice their concerns freely without been bullied or spied on by some people here and in other places that have alternative motives and agendas…

As you can see I am now been personally attacked for starting this thread, I assure you all, the only reason I started it in the first place was because of a post I saw on DJIs support Facebook forum (see the original post) and because of people like this “gentleman” that like the DJI official Facebook staff members are attacking people for voicing their concerns, also I noticed that DJI is blocking and deleting posts and people without warning from their FB group for the same reasons.

Before I start replying point by point to the questions of the above post I would like to declare that I have been challenged to even produce my invoice by another “gentleman” on a similar thread started by someone else simply because these DJI people can’t get it that it is just a customer that is voicing his ask and concerns and not someone with other motives. I have posted my invoice there too. I do not have a hidden agenda nor do I wish to start a war with anyone.

Also I would like to thank the creator of this forum that allows myself and others to voice all of our concerns and find here useful advice for technical and other issues.

NOW…

"violating H&S" whatever the duck that means?

H&S regulation is the Health and Safety framework in the United Kingdom (harmonised with EU regulations) a section of which refers to guidelines for safe products and product safety – the DJI Phantom 3 Advanced and Pro. Fall under the following two chapters:

· Toys (Safety) Regulations

· Other product safety directives

(See relevant references)

UK law on the design and supply of products - Work equipment and machinery

Product safety for manufacturers - Detailed guidance - GOV.UK

Direct quote from the act: “Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979, all products must be ‘fit for purpose’, be of satisfactory quality and fit its description”. i.e. Cracking arms and new motors due to fundamental material and design flaws, saying that at the moment I am not claiming anything as I am just a complaining customer and I have no proof or access to figures and numbers of the % of faulty Phantoms. But I am just answering the “gentleman’s” question about H&S.

"Unfair trading regulations" is this another one of your made up laws?

Marketing and advertising: the law (UK). Direct quote from the regulator: “2. Regulations that affect advertising - Advertising to consumers. The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations mean you can’t mislead or harass consumers by, for example: including false or deceptive messages..”

(See relevant references)

Marketing and advertising: the law - GOV.UK

So when we have a claim that the “new motors are more stable” and the “gentleman” in this post is saying that my ask is ironic as the new motors might not fix the cracking arms issue at all and that are not more stable than the old ones as advertised, then his stamen if it is true for the Phantom 3 product latest version falls under this category of the UK regulatory framework.

“In your case DJI could pass blame onto you anyway as you've modified the controller, carried it around in a bag which you openly admit was £5 worth of DIY”

This is my favourite piece for two reasons,

a) because it proves that the specific individual has been scanning threads with my posts (as others have done too…) and analysing information to discredit me or my claims which amazes me as to why someone would go to that extend if it was only to reply. The passion with which he and others have come back trying to ridicule this thread is beyond me…

b) please feel free to visit the other thread where I have posted pictures of a customised backpack that my wife was kind enough to make for my P3A as she know how much I love my drone. In that post you will read that that back pack was based on a design of a £150 carry bag backpack that is available on the net, that it’s purpose is not to replace the primary hard-shell travel back pack but merely to help me carry my P3A from my doorstep a few meters (or yards) walking distance to the park next to my home, in fact if you are and engineering background safety conscious geek such as I this is an extra precaution of keeping my bird secure and protected on top of the hard-shell back pack I have for traveling with my P3A.

In addition to that as I mentioned before I have purchased the carbon fibre reinforced DJI props which are black with white stripes and overpriced (but I bought them just to be on the safe side) but this “gentlemen” here wanted to find another way to make his “point” and to his eyes the official DJI CF reinforced pros have become “using aftermarket props to”, Don Quijote eat dirt…

He also makes claims that my warranty will be void because I might have modified my RC. Well is he concerned for my warranty or is he finding ways to discredit me and imply that any Phantom 3s faults like the cracks are down to people like me that might or might not have modified their controller…? For the record MY own controller is unmodified the pics in my other post about the custom bag where taken with other equipment. The customised bag that my wife made first materials might have cost £5 but it value is in excess of £100 because of the endless hours that went into it on the sewing machine and the craft that she put in it.

Finally I want to say that I love my P3A, I am in the technology industry (telecoms) for 15 years plus my years at Uni. I have an electronics engineering background and I am just amazed about DJIs Phantom 3 product and the technology that this machine has in it as well as other drones BUT DJIs customer support and communication not only sucks but drives customers like me to take a defensive stand, this is to say the least the worst customer experience.

I am not upset with DJI though I am just a frustrated and concerned customer, one however that is stubborn enough to stand up for his opinion.

Mr. Spock, perhaps you should sell your tricked-out but hardly flown P3A and buy the Yuneec Q500 4K Typhoon instead?.... Typhoon 4K | Yuneec – Electric Aviation I've heard they give very personalized customer service and the price point is very competitive for what you get... I saw a guy flying one of these fresh from the box today and it's a very nice quad platform...
I had tried it friend i am sorry to say that in all honesty despite DJIs horrible customer support and defects due to manufacturing they have a superior product and the range is unbelievable. I took the Q500 back in one week after i bought it. BUT their customer support is unbelievable the best i have ever seen in many industries. An example for DJI to follow...

Why do you keep whining on this forum? No one here is going to give you a new shell or motors.

Keep complaining to DJI and when they have resolved your issue (good luck with that by the way) come back and let us all know how you got on.

Mark.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meta4
Hello all DJI paying customers

(Excluding DJI staff police, DJI fun-boys and other vendor affiliated members)

What's a DJI fun-boy ?

This really is one of the most entertaining threads I have read in ages.

Keep it up there lads.
Naaa happy. Ya missed one in news the other day :)

You're missing the point. It's not rocket science. Spock doesn't want the motors for free, he just wants a reliable safe product. He shouldn't have to 'fix it himself'.
You've missed quite a few points, the major one being that in all likelihood, Spock has a reliable, safe Phantom.
Out of the huge amount he's typed, he's never said anything to indicate that it needs to be fixed.
If DJI had admitted the new spec was down to shell cracks as is the only logical conclusion chances are everyone cussing him would be sending there birds in. I think the reason these shells are cracking is down to cheap plastic. I would hazard a guess the material used in the P4 is completely different.
But DJI never said anything to suggest that the new motors are at all related to the problem they had with a small proportion of the shells.
This idea came from forum speculation - not necessarily a good way to get the facts.
The application of logic would suggest that because the majority of shells do not crack, that the motors were not the problem at all and the most logical conclusion is that a percentage of shells were poorly moulded and/or used substandard plastic.
ABS is an ideal material for Phantom shells (as long as there are no defects in the moulding/material) .
It would be ideal for the P4. Look up ABS and learn about its properties.

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka