Camera wifi not working

Reaction score
I just got a P2vision off ebay and the camera wifi seems to not be working. When the switch is in wifi the light is on solid and the manual I think says it should blink slowly. Also I cannot see any FC wifi network or any network set by the camera. The extender seems to work ok. Any tips on how to get the camera wifi working? And, the motor on the gimbal is pretty loud and does make a different noise, like the motor is working, when I move the quad, but it does not look like the camera moves. Thanks for any reply and help

Hmmmm... I just tested, and you're right... the green light on the camera flashes when the WiFi connects. Never really even noticed that before.
Just curious, though... how do you know the extender is working if the Vision isn't setting up the initial network?

If the gimbal motor is loud, that kind of makes me think that it's been in a crash that wasn't particularly kind to the camera/gimbal. My gimbal motor is pretty quiet. You might be out of luck short of replacement. But it wouldn't hurt to open the shell and just check that all the connections are sound.

ProfessorStein said:
Hmmmm... I just tested, and you're right... the green light on the camera flashes when the WiFi connects. Never really even noticed that before.
Just curious, though... how do you know the extender is working if the Vision isn't setting up the initial network?

If the gimbal motor is loud, that kind of makes me think that it's been in a crash that wasn't particularly kind to the camera/gimbal. My gimbal motor is pretty quiet. You might be out of luck short of replacement. But it wouldn't hurt to open the shell and just check that all the connections are sound.

Wow professor, you quickly told me what I needed to know. I have been talking with the ebay seller and I can return it to him (I will have to pay return) but with those issues and I paid $580.00 delivered. I guess there is no reset on the camera? Any hold down the button while plugging it in and then......kinda thing? The camera does work and I can take pics or vids manually but no wifi. The extender creates its own wifi network which I can attach to then open the vision software but the camera is unavaliable and whited out.

There actually IS a reset on the camera, I believe. But I'm not sure it does anything for the WiFi. Check the manual on how to do it. Can't remember, off the top of my head. I believe it's a "stick a paperclip in through the hole" type.

Didn't even think of that. Shows where my brain is.

Gah. Sorry... woke up... head a little clearer now.
The reset I was thinking of is on the repeater, not the camera. The reset on the repeater will allow you to rebind to the camera (if you have the original box with the QR code, or know the MAC address)... which might be something you can try (possibility that it will fix your WiFi connectivity issues... but probably not your gimbal issues).

Page 15 of the User Manual v1.18, or on YouTube at:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7FsdCPrEeU[/youtube]

But as far as I know, no one has figured out the factory reset procedure for the camera itself. It will likely involve holding the large aspirin button on the bottom of the camera, I'm guessing, but all attempts I've read about so far have failed.

Wedeliver said:
I just got a P2vision off ebay and the camera wifi seems to not be working. When the switch is in wifi the light is on solid and the manual I think says it should blink slowly. Also I cannot see any FC wifi network or any network set by the camera. The extender seems to work ok. Any tips on how to get the camera wifi working? And, the motor on the gimbal is pretty loud and does make a different noise, like the motor is working, when I move the quad, but it does not look like the camera moves. Thanks for any reply and help

How old is this Vision? is the TX Ver 4 ?
What are your revision numbers in the Assistant?

Check your FC200 Camera Revision is 1.19?

RCRookie said:
Wedeliver said:

How old is this Vision? is the TX Ver 4 ?
What are your revision numbers in the Assistant?

Check your FC200 Camera Revision is 1.19?

Hi, thanks for your reply. I have returned the quad to the seller since I was unable to get the camera to give me wifi. I dont know the answers to your questions. According to the seller, he used it a month ago, took some pics using wifi. Then he sold it, got here and the camera does not show up as a wifi and the light is not "blinking slowly" as the manual says it should when in wifi mode. Also, that motor noise scared me and no visable movement of the camera. Would there be some way to bring this back to life? The camera does work manually!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl