Camera Tilt (Photo and Video)

Reaction score
In response to "Gimball Roll" to which I tried to reply twice but was asked to login again twice...

Here is a photo and video (below) of a tilted camera. On this occasion, the camera reset itself upon restart two minutes later.

QUESTION: Can anyone confirm that a similar tilt was resolved on their machine by performing an advanced IMU calibration?

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhTR0rYgFGw

On the video, the tilt starts at the 21 second mark.

This is my second camera. On the first, I manually leveled the camera (several times) by taking the back cover off, used pliers, etc.

I did not attempt an advanced calibration with the first camera.

Again, can anyone confirm that a similar tilt was resolved on their machine by performing an advanced IMU calibration?

Attachments

• Gimball_Roll.jpg
    Gimball_Roll.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 503
Is your fpv off unchecked in the app on phone make sure it is this should fix it

mattparker said:
In response to "Gimball Roll" to which I tried to reply twice but was asked to login again twice...

Here is a photo and video (below) of a tilted camera. On this occasion, the camera reset itself upon restart two minutes later.

QUESTION: Can anyone confirm that a similar tilt was resolved on their machine by performing an advanced IMU calibration?

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhTR0rYgFGw

On the video, the tilt starts at the 21 second mark.

This is my second camera. On the first, I manually leveled the camera (several times) by taking the back cover off, used pliers, etc.

I did not attempt an advanced calibration with the first camera.

Again, can anyone confirm that a similar tilt was resolved on their machine by performing an advanced IMU calibration?

Yep that needs an advanced IMU calibration. I have seen a handful of them do it. As long as it starts out level and the shaft aint spinning you need the advanced calibration.

Jeremy James

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl