Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Camera replacement - New QCR???

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by breweraz, Jun 9, 2014.

1. breweraz

I had a hard crash and the camera is toast. I have used camera coming. Does anyone know if I need a new QCR from DJI.

I lost my original one (did not keep the box) and had to get a replacement QCR code from DJI thinking that was the problem that I lost the bind somehow. Nope the camera is toast. Took some time but it came.

To get the QCR code I had to send DJI the transmitter, Phantom and the camera IDs.

If the camera changes do I need to get a new QCR or using the binding procedure with the existing QCR bind the new camera?

Thanks

Tim

2. Geoelectro

I believe the QR code is tied to the camera. I bought a new camera a couple of months back and it came with its code.

Geo

3. AnselA

Yes, the QR code contains cameras unique mac address, which is needed to bind camera and WiFi extended.

4. breweraz

Thanks for the response.

So based on this information I should wait until the new camera comes, get the ID number off the camera, along wiht the phantoma nd controller then request a new QCR code from DJI.

I guess it would not hurt to try and bind it wiht the current code. last time it took a few weeks to get the response from DJI . Maybe the hobby shop has an inside numebr.

Thanks again for the responses.

Tim