Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Camera Problem

Discussion in 'Phantom FC40 Discussion' started by Dex, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Dex

Dex

My FC 40 app carries on scanning even though it says its connected. Is it a problem with the camera or a problem with my Galaxy S6? It used to work months ago but not anymore. Any ideas?

2. MrFus

I have some problems too with my phone and the FC40 app... it connects fine but after closing the app my phone WiFi settings go crazy, half of the time I have to manually connect to my router again because it refuses to auto connect to anything beyond the FC40 camera, I think the problem it's that the app is a little bit old (2013 I believe).

This is my first drone that I will say fit's on the "this is not a toy" classification and I'm not ready to put a GoPro on the machine and see it crash against a tree (I keep practicing with my SymaX5C the crashing technique!!!)... so the little DJI camera should be enough for the moment, I installed the Walkera gimbal and I'm working on the design of a small bracket to hold the camera, 7.4V LiPo pack and step up regulator in place of the GoPro.

3. Beario

You guys are much better off using a tablet to connect to the camera. Phones are not so good and you do not get enough range. An unmodified tablet will get you minimum 400 meters of range.