Camera Pitch control not working in Apple or Android app.

Reaction score
Have not had any crashes, and haven't even had any lean overs on landing. Noticed today while casually flying that my camera pitch control on the phone app wasn't pitching the camera up and down. The display bar show's it all the way up, and red. No matter how I push the up and down arrows it changes nothing. I've reinstalled all software.. Not sure what to do next.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Re: Camera Pitch control not working in Apple or Android app

You didn't accidentally make the pitch control icon (little top looking thing above up down arrows) Blue did you? It should be white (normal mode) to control camera from the up down arrows and blue (accelerator sensor mode) to control camera from changing your phones pitch angle See pg 33 of the instructions for more on how this is supposed to work.

No, and even in troubleshooting I tried to put it in that mode to control with my phone (The pitch). That didn't make any difference either..

MarsDrones said:
Have not had any crashes, and haven't even had any lean overs on landing. Noticed today while casually flying that my camera pitch control on the phone app wasn't pitching the camera up and down. The display bar show's it all the way up, and red. No matter how I push the up and down arrows it changes nothing. I've reinstalled all software.. Not sure what to do next.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

This has been a reoccurring problem. I have customer in Haiti that has experienced this. Some people have had to reinstall the Phantom assistant and then go back through and do all the upgrades again. Mine also went dead and I had to do an upgrade check and upon upgrading my battery it came back... ? None of it is making any sense and I am sorry to hear it has happened to you also.

Thanks for the reply.. Better than having zero idea what is going on..

I uninstalled and reinstalled assistant software.. Then reupgraded.. Still the same problem.. Very disappointed that I spent the kind of money I did on this product and have had these issues..

Any other suggestions? I have no idea what direction to go next.. Everything else works fine.. It even operates correctly (The gimbal) as far as keeping it level during flight.. Just no pitch control..

Does the gimbal respond properly or at all to the wheel on the transmitter? Maybe the calibration is off on the wheel and is throwing off what it thinks is center. Just a thought.

I'm not sure I have a wheel? It only has power, the 2 sticks, S1 & S2, and an attachment for a lanyard.. Unless I am missing something..

The newer transmitter has the wheel on the upper left corner under the S2 switch. It controls the up down pitch of the gimbal and if it's calibration was off it could make the gimbal position off. If you have no switch, then It is back to some other possible issue.

Had this happen last night after calibrating everything. I went back and recalibrate controller in Assistant to RC and checked while bird was still plugged in. Works now. Still Not sure what happened.

My symptom was that it worked controlling with phone but did not using the wheel.

MarsDrones said:
I'm not sure I have a wheel? It only has power, the 2 sticks, S1 & S2, and an attachment for a lanyard.. Unless I am missing something..

You don't have the gimbal upgraded mode selected in the assistant by any chance?
Needs to be on basic mode if you don't have the scroll wheel or tilt lever installed on the back.

4wd said:
MarsDrones said:

You don't have the gimbal upgraded mode selected in the assistant by any chance?
Needs to be on basic mode if you don't have the scroll wheel or tilt lever installed on the back.

Yes! That is exactly what it was.. Somehow it got changed to upgraded (I'm sure my fault inadvertently). Man, thank you for that suggestion! Was driving me crazy..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl