Camera goes wacky with Flytrex

Reaction score
You're flying along & your camera just goes side to side& all over the place,if you didn't know better your bird was falling out of the sky. Anybody else deal with this what did you do to solve it?

Last edited:
What mode are you in when this happens?

Gps, this same thing happened w/ a new adapter board they sent me awhile back and i stopped using it and replaced it. So, this adap board couldve gone bad outa the blue or it flytrex plus did just go thru an update?? Just wondering if anyone else dealt with this issue

Not sure how 'flytrex' works into this, but offhand if you weren't in 'Atti' it sounds as if your compass lost it's settings.

Nah, thanks though, compass is fine, bird flies fine. when you remove flytrex and plug camera back in directly w/out flytrex adapter board ,gimbles perfect. I know it's a flytrex issue I was just wondering if anybody else is dealt with it so I know what the issue is and what needs to be changed

By chance do you have a lens hood on your camera? I ran into this issue with a crosswind catching the lens hood and overpowering the gimbal motors. Taking it off in higher winds fixed the issue.

Nah, thanks though, compass is fine, bird flies fine. when you remove flytrex and plug camera back in directly w/out flytrex adapter board ,gimbles perfect. I know it's a flytrex issue I was just wondering if anybody else is dealt with it so I know what the issue is and what needs to be changed

Hi dirtybum :)

What firmware version are you running on your Flytrex Live Plus? We've had an issue like this with one of our very first firmware versions a long time ago and it has been fixed a long time ago. You can find your Live Plus firmware version in your Flytrex Account Settings -> Devices -> Manage. Make sure you are using the latest firmware version. If running an older firmware version, you can use the same page to activate the new firmware version upgrade and your Live Plus will automatically upgrade to the new firmware version over-the-air the next time you power your drone and Live Plus.

Let me know how it goes, thanks! :)

Hi dirtybum :)

What firmware version are you running on your Flytrex Live Plus? We've had an issue like this with one of our very first firmware versions a long time ago and it has been fixed a long time ago. You can find your Live Plus firmware version in your Flytrex Account Settings -> Devices -> Manage. Make sure you are using the latest firmware version. If running an older firmware version, you can use the same page to activate the new firmware version upgrade and your Live Plus will automatically upgrade to the new firmware version over-the-air the next time you power your drone and Live Plus.

Let me know how it goes, thanks! :)
Brand new one you just released. Downloaded yesterday and yesterday problems started! This same symptom did happen with a bad adapter board once also

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl