Camera gimbal starts fine, then stops working, but camera works

I would go thru and calibrate the gimbal thru the GO app...see if that doesn't do anything.

I tried every possible calibration and reset and it's still doing the same thing. Here is what I found:
After the gimbal self check, the aircraft connects to the RC and for just a few seconds I can control the gimbal with the RC, but then something happens and the gimbal stops working.
Any idea what could be causing this?

No, but I would video what is going on and post it on the DJI forum site. Here too. ;)

Gimbal goes through initial checks, works fine for a few seconds, then once connected to RC the gimbal stops working, but the camera is working fine.
Here is a video: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=T1ZMbXJVYndFVTNoUW9mcjN5UW9zV2gxeGpkcDRn

Im having the same issue after installing new ribbon cable and new base gimbal because the ribbon cable clip on the main board of gimbal main board broke off. After that, Ive been having same issue that you are having. It seems to be trying to update itself (going in update state-read your files on the sd card) and can't find the files to update it. There was an update that came out on 4/7/16. Try installing it. I tried and it still did not solve mine. The software all seems confused. If there was a way to factory rest everything, I think my problem would be solved.

I read on another discussion that if you hold down the grad hat academy button for 5-10 seconds and release that the firmware download screen appears on the go app, After releasing, you can downgrade firmware or reinstall the firmware manually. I tried it and it does work and Im downgrading to 1.3.50 now to see it it helps restart communication with everything upon re-starting everything. Will let y'all know how it goes!

I downgraded to 1.3.50 but it froze at 99% after restarting aircraft. Now the new update came back on....the one from 4/7/16...the 1.5 version.

I'm downloading now! lets see if that works! Still going to try different versions to see if that helps.

Update: downloaded new version again from 4/7/16. Still having same issue that started original thread. Going to take apart everything and see if I replaced ribbon cable properly. Was working perfectly when I replaced yaw arm. Problem started happening after I broke ribbon cable plastic clip on main board and had to replace gimbal main board. Also had to replace ribbon cable because it became damaged from wear and tear after replacing yaw arm and small crash.

Reactions: Alex Alex
I have two cameras here with that issue. Standard version. I swapped the removable board from inside the camera and determined the issue is on that board. Its the board that the ribbon goes into.
could be software , but also could be a component on that board. Will update this if i am able to fix a board,

Last edited:
Hi everyone!
I have this problem too and it's really frustrating.
I turn it on, and all works perfect: gimbal, lights, sounds, etc. When it's finished, gimbal stops and do nothing.
Firmware: 1.5.70
I uploaded an small video showing it on youtube.

Did anyone find a solution?

Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl