camera firmware update failure

Reaction score
hi lads, any help would be greatly appreciated.
I tried to update the firmware of the camera on the p2v+ v3. to the new latest Phantom 2 Vision+ FC200 firmware (v1.3.0). I carried out the instructions as laid down by the read me file (instructions) from the dji site however, instead of seeing a quick flashing yellow LED light as described , i saw a solid red light.
I waited a few minutes to determine if the system was going to update before trying a different card as directed.
This did not work either and now with no card in i have a solid red light on the camera when it is turned on.

I have also read in the dji instructions that there is a chance that the update can fail and may require return-to-factory service.

The gimbal is working as normal . The phantom is able to connect to the wifi app, however the camera is not connecting to the app.
Has anyone any suggestions / advice ?
thanks in advance
pj

hi lads, any help would be greatly appreciated.
I tried to update the firmware of the camera on the p2v+ v3. to the new latest Phantom 2 Vision+ FC200 firmware (v1.3.0). I carried out the instructions as laid down by the read me file (instructions) from the dji site however, instead of seeing a quick flashing yellow LED light as described , i saw a solid red light.
I waited a few minutes to determine if the system was going to update before trying a different card as directed.
This did not work either and now with no card in i have a solid red light on the camera when it is turned on.

I have also read in the dji instructions that there is a chance that the update can fail and may require return-to-factory service.

The gimbal is working as normal . The phantom is able to connect to the wifi app, however the camera is not connecting to the app.
Has anyone any suggestions / advice ?
thanks in advance
pj

going through that same issue right now. still searching all over the forums. also have a phone appt w/ a drone repaid shop shortly. hopefully can get this fixed. will try calling DJI tomorrow...hopefully won't have to.

going through that same issue right now. still searching all over the forums. also have a phone appt w/ a drone repaid shop shortly. hopefully can get this fixed. will try calling DJI tomorrow...hopefully won't have to.

Hi, just to update you on my situation. I sent various emails to DJI with no response so I contacted DJI Europe HQ in Germany as I live in Ireland (this required going through many switches and aprox 20 minutes call waiting). When i explained to the technician what had happened he informed me that the camera unit was probably bricked and they issued me with an RMA. I posted the whole unit back to DJI HQ Germany last week and have recieved an email informing me that the whole process will most likely have a 15 day turnaround.
I will update this status when i reach a resolution to the problem.
Best of luck with your own problem, but i'd recommend ringing DJI direct.
regards
paul

yep. i sent mine back today as well from the seller. they gave me a refund and i ended up buying a cheaper refurbished working unit they have. all warranties still apply. gets here mid-next week.
Thats great news.. thanks for the reply

Sorry for the late update on this thread... i was very busy ...no wait...i was very very very busy...lol.

anyway, DJI issued me with an RMA, i sent it back to germany and after 6 weeks or so they returned my P2V+ with a brand new camera.

No further issues.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl