Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

camera firmware update failure

Discussion in 'Firmware' started by paul davis, Jun 8, 2015.

1. paul davis

hi lads, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I tried to update the firmware of the camera on the p2v+ v3. to the new latest Phantom 2 Vision+ FC200 firmware (v1.3.0). I carried out the instructions as laid down by the read me file (instructions) from the dji site however, instead of seeing a quick flashing yellow LED light as described , i saw a solid red light.
    I waited a few minutes to determine if the system was going to update before trying a different card as directed.
    This did not work either and now with no card in i have a solid red light on the camera when it is turned on.

I have also read in the dji instructions that there is a chance that the update can fail and may require return-to-factory service.

The gimbal is working as normal . The phantom is able to connect to the wifi app, however the camera is not connecting to the app.
    Has anyone any suggestions / advice ?
    thanks in advance
    pj

2. AlohaPhantom808

going through that same issue right now. still searching all over the forums. also have a phone appt w/ a drone repaid shop shortly. hopefully can get this fixed. will try calling DJI tomorrow...hopefully won't have to.

3. paul davis

Hi, just to update you on my situation. I sent various emails to DJI with no response so I contacted DJI Europe HQ in Germany as I live in Ireland (this required going through many switches and aprox 20 minutes call waiting). When i explained to the technician what had happened he informed me that the camera unit was probably bricked and they issued me with an RMA. I posted the whole unit back to DJI HQ Germany last week and have recieved an email informing me that the whole process will most likely have a 15 day turnaround.
    I will update this status when i reach a resolution to the problem.
    Best of luck with your own problem, but i'd recommend ringing DJI direct.
    regards
    paul

4. AlohaPhantom808

yep. i sent mine back today as well from the seller. they gave me a refund and i ended up buying a cheaper refurbished working unit they have. all warranties still apply. gets here mid-next week.

5. paul davis

Thats great news.. thanks for the reply

6. paul davis

Sorry for the late update on this thread... i was very busy ...no wait...i was very very very busy...lol.

anyway, DJI issued me with an RMA, i sent it back to germany and after 6 weeks or so they returned my P2V+ with a brand new camera.

No further issues.