Camera connection issue

Reaction score
I have had my phantom vision a week now. Today I tried to connect the app to the camera and as soon as I click camera, the wi-fi and camera shut down. The green light on the back of the camera comes on and stays on, until I click the camera button. Then it shuts down. I can power cycle the camera and do it all over again.

I see this issue before, and read all the suggestions to no avail. Would just like to get this out there again to see if anyone has any more luck.

While connected can you successfully take a picture & record a video clip from your app controls, then open the album (on your app) and view/play them back? If you can, then I'm wondering if pressing the button is pushing up on the printed circuit board it's mounted to and causing something to disconnect or momentarily short out. If so, I'd contact your dealer.

iDrone

I think you misunderstood a bit. I am not pressing the button on the camera. I am pressing the "camera" button on the app. That is when the camera shuts itself down. So I am not able to connect at all.

If I leave the app alone, turn on the copter and take a picture with the button on bottom it works fine.

I sure do. And if i take the sd card out and go to library i get the error message that there is no card so there is a connection. If i replace the card i cannot view the content.

Yes it is. And I get a green light. And the fan is on. Once I tap the Camera button on the app, the light shuts off, the fan powers down and the app then displays the error.

I flew today, started the recording manually on the bottom of the camera and all went well. Just had no control.

Strange thing I noticed and hoped others could check theirs...when in the on-wi-fi setting, I get a solid green light. (after the yellow flicker). In either rate on or off positions I get a faint green light. Yes also in the off position. If I unplug the camera, then it goes off. But no difference in the on and off position int he light intensity. But faint green.

I'm not sure what to make of it, I think this issue may be a first. About the Camera Switch & LED: 1) When OFF the LED is extinguished. 2) When ON, solid green. 3) When in CAMERA WiFi during Power-Up, solid green - When successfully connected to Range Extender & iDevice, it'll blink green every 1.25 seconds or so confirming a WiFi link is established. 4) When accessing the Album, it'll blink green about 4-times a second. 5) Same for downloading a clip or pic (sync'ing). The LED never glows dimly, it's either black (extinguished) or bright green, orange for a second @Power-Up in Cam/WiFi initialization mode.

FYI: Once you get a "Phantom 2 Vision Connection Lost" either your PV's WiFi is no longer connected to the Range Extender or your iDevice is no longer connected to the Range Extender, so naturally the DJI app can't control the camera any further. If you check your iDevice you'll probably notice you've automatically been reconnected to your default local WiFi router (if you're at home) and Phantom_1xxxx is missing.

So... If you follow DJI's SOP: Power-Up TX, Range Extender, & iDevice first, then Power-Up PV... the Camera LED should blink orange briefly then turn solid green as it waits for you to establish both WiFi links. Once you launch the DJI app you should see Phantom_1xxxx at the top of the main menu turn green, then blink green/black a couple times, then turn solid green to confirm all links successfully established. At that moment the camera LED should start blinking every 1.25 secs or so to confirm same on the PV.

And as Mike1958 suggested, what all this means is that your Range Extender & PV may not be bound to eachother. Binding is discussed in Chapter 4.4 (p15) of the full manual which you can download from DJI's site here:

http://download.dji-innovations.com.../en/Phantom_2_Vision_User_Manual_v1.04_en.pdf

iDrone

I have the manual and have studied it.

The system came bound from the factory. If you are not bound then you get the eroor "get repeater failed."

If you hard reset the range extender with the little pin on the side then you have to rebind by scanning the qr code on the box.

Done all of that.

In my experience when it was workin the order that you turned stuff on didnt matter. As long as You connect first to the wifi then launch the app. That i always do.

The green light on the app is on and says phantom-xxxxx. I got that. I am not falling back to my home network. I get that far. The green light on the camera is on. The fan is on. The app is connected. Then i press the camera icon on the phone and imediately the camera just powers down as if someone pulled the plug.

I took it back today. If the dealer cant get it to work its going back to DJI. (Which turns out to be an hour from my house )

Just go confirmation that my PV is on its way to DJI.

7-10 days. How will I ever survive?!?! This is worse than waiting on my 5s.

Have you upgraded the firmware?

I was having similar problems until I've upgraded my firmware to the latest (v1.05)

I have a similar issue. Connection from iPhone to camera worked fine for about the first week. Then while using it and the Phantom Vision was about 10 feet away from me I got an error on the iPhone while in the DJI Vision app saying it couldn't connect to the camera. I turned everything off and turned it back on. On the iPhone in the network settings it listed my Phantom as a wifi to connect to (Phantom_6xxxxx). Now when I attempted to connect the iPhone would give me an error "Unable to join the network "Phantom_6xxxxx"". After that whenever attempting to access the phantom wifi, the network would no longer list as an available network to connect to on my iPhone. So I tried my mac mini. It listed the Phantom_6xxxxx network as a potential network to connect to. However when I attempted to connect I got the same behavior on the mac - ie error message that it couldnt connect and would no longer show the Phantom_6xxxxx as a potential network to connect to. So I reset the range extender. Then the Phantom_6xxxxx network would show up again on the iPhone and the mac. When I choose that network the iPhone (or mac) now connects to network Phantom_6xxxxx. When I go into DJI Vision app on the iPhone it shows a green light and that it is connected to Phantom_6xxxxx. Since the extender is now no longer bound to the camera wifi I obviously can't access the camera. So I did the binding. As soon as I do the binding the network connection to Phantom_6xxxxx drops, and no longer appears as a potential network to connect to - until of course I reset the range extender and go thru the whole process again - with same results.

Attempts to access the binding info while in the failed connection state give error message "Get Repeater Info Failed" (which makes sense since as the app is no longer connected to the repeater (aka range extender).

During this process range extender power led is solid green. Range extender "system" (aka wifi) led flashes green - seems to go thru a routine of being on solid for a while - flashes off and on sometimes, then goes off for about 5 seconds, then does it all over again.

LED on Phantom 2 Vision camera goes orange briefly when I power up, then goes solid green. Switch is set to WIFI ON. LED is always solid green no matter what position the switch on the back of the camera is in. The cable is plugged firmly, and all the way into, the back of the camera.

The camera works fine for taking pictures and video - just can't see it on the iPhone. The fan in the camera whirs as expected. The gimbal operates fine. If I hold the shutter button on the bottom of camera to have it start recording video, the light goes orange and I can fly around and it records. When I put the microSD card in my PC or MAC I can copy the video file and view it - so the camera is functioning.

My phantom setup specifics are:
iPhone 5 IOS 7.0.4
DJI Vision App 1.0.32
Main controller firmware 1.08, latest is 1.08
GPS firmware is 6.0.1.3. Don't know latest
Receiver-5.8ghz loader 15.0.0.2, firmware 1.0.1.3, latest is 1.0.1.3
P330CB loader 26.0.0.0, firmware 1.0.1.19, latest firmware is 1.0.1.19
Battery loader 1.0.0.0, firmware 1.6.0.0, there are no firmware updates

It almost seems as though the half of the range extender that talks to the camera wifi, or the camera wifi circuitry isn't working - or both, or they are losing the ability to acknowledge each other and establish a link due to some configuration corruption. Since it was working for a week or so, and since it just suddenly stopped working, I suspect that some hardware has gone bad (either in the camera wifi circuitry or the range extender circuitry).

Anybody seen this before? Anybody fixed this before? If so how?

myvrodrocks said:

Yeah that is hard. I have been waiting for 14 days now, and I still haven't got it back from Hong Kong. ANd now the Chinese New year which can delay it further. :evil:

Klaus said:
myvrodrocks said:

Yeah that is hard. I have been waiting for 14 days now, and I still haven't got it back from Hong Kong. ANd now the Chinese New year which can delay it further. :evil:

Well. Little follow up. 2 months later!! Got my PV back last week. Finally. Works like a charm. Had 2 outdoor flights and several indoor. Indoor sucks. No gps and it drifts all over. Not fun when your restricted be height.

Anyway. Checked out all the IOC functions. Love it! Just cant figure out the lights anymore.

Guess waiting 2 mo ths paid off. The new release came out just in time. Who knows. Maybe I would have lost or wrecked it meantime.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT