Cam settings difficult

Reaction score
Hi all

I have been flying alot with my p3p.
But there is one thing I don`t understand.
How do you guys know what settings to use?
Let`s say under the one setting menu where you have Style and thoose three things you can change if you want to or set it to diffrent finished modes standard, lanscape soft etc..

Today I was on a photo mission, It looked so god **** good at the screen in the field on my ipad, but when I came home there were much grains I don`t now if that`s the word in english, but I`ll try..There are theese small things that blinking somehow in the picture, It has to do something with shaprness I think, I had every value on ++2.

I hate to come home and find out the video isn`t as good as I expected! How do you guys manange to get perfect videos all the time?

If there is bright sun outside what is your settings?
I have ISO on 200, use ND filters, white balance coustom 5000, and LOG mode.

best regards

I use -2 for contrast, sharpness and saturation. LOG as style. This settings are the most "generic" for postprecessing with Adobe Premiere. I often use Auto exposure, but this depend on the situation. I set specific whitebalance, I don't leave it auto. It's important to choose right ND filter, considering how fast the shutter is rolling. Try to stay at double of fps. 30fps need 1/60sec shutter min, 60fps need 1/120sec.

Sharpness and contrast at +2 are the cause of your problem.....as suggested above -2 on both will give you a much nicer/less sparkly video.....give it a try and see the difference.

Also, choose your ND filter to give the shutter speeds as above.

Btw just have to be sure. Which icon is to the diffrent sharpness saturation and contrast?

In photo mode, try to shoot raw + jpeg. Shooting raw photo can adjust white balance and ignore all the sharpness contrast and saturation setting and tune it afterward.

In video mode, it is not ideal to use log mode in foggy weather and night time, as it will make the footage more blurry and noise.
In general, if u set the exposure to auto, set ev-0.3 is most ideal in common case except u want to create ur own style.

Are you talking phot or video?

Are you going to do any tweaking or just view the raw footage?

Until this is established I'd take any advice with a pinch of salt as the best setting will differ dependant on the above.

Sharpness at +2 was the killer. During the day for good looking motion blur I set sharpness at -2. For night time footage I set it at 0. I also have the white balance manually set for 3.5k and even that is fairly saturated compared to what AWB produces. I have filters as well and often times the ND8 is the go-to for sunny afternoons. The camera is tricky and I haven't yet found a general setting. Still working on it. Sometimes I've had the best results with everything set to default and just tapping the screen when I get a good overall exposure and just lock that in. However I'm always in none, for the color setting.

I hv one problem wid mine.. On shutter only 50 and 100 is usable other options will flicker the screen. This test was done at night on a highway. Any ideas? Should i set antiflicker to 50 60 or auto?? Thanks

Thanks guys. I`m generally thinking of video.
Just making sure what theese Icons are, can anyone help me out?

Saturation is the square
Sharpness is the triangle
Contrast is the circle half white half black

Is that correct?

Attachments

• 2015-11-12 16.23.18.jpg
    2015-11-12 16.23.18.jpg
    500.7 KB · Views: 258
that antiflicker option is kind of rubbish, it works occasionally. the only solution for p3 is to change PAL / NTSC mode and match the multiple of that shutter speed to suit the country code. eg 25p use shutter speed 25/50/100.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl