Calshot castle

Reaction score
Little pic from this morning :)

Calshot Castle. 28.01.2017.jpg

Years back at the anniversary of Schneider Cup ... I was a Steward at the events at Calshot. I was from one of the local RC Model clubs and we helped stage the model flying.
I always remember the organisers got BA to have Concorde do low level over us and along Solent ... out and meet QE2 and Red Arrows.
The Red Arrows display of course was as usual A1+ ... with Western shore and mud flats gave them clear field for real low ...

Marvelous ....

Of course most on here wont know the significance of Calshott ...

It was one of the main Flying Boat bases in UK and in fact N. Europe. The Sunderlands used to fly out of there.

I was there when the last Sunderland returned ... she's now I believe in Southampton Museum.

Nigel

Reactions: Dazzauk
Well I aint no spring Chicken !!

I can remember when drones did not exist !!

Cheers
Nigel

What did you do back then lol. Ha ha.

Free flight ..... control line ...... early days of bang bang radio !! Rubber escapements, jetex fuses ... dethermalisers ....

All good fun !

Nigel

Free flight ..... control line ...... early days of bang bang radio !! Rubber escapements, jetex fuses ... dethermalisers ....

All good fun !

Nigel

I have no idea what any of that is mate. Lol. But some of it sounds good fun actually :)

Jetex fuses and dethermalisers

Boy you haven't lived !!

We spent more time trying to get our models in the air than actually flying !! If we had ONE successful flight in a session - WOW !! in heaven.

Now if we have one BAD flight - we think its the pits !!

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl