Calling out NYC pilots! Question

Reaction score
So I'm in my brother's building now that I'm out of New Jersey on business and doing only family visiting and now and he lives literally less than a half mile from the Freedom Tower (probably more but your it looks **** close) but out of all places to do a ring around, the FT is definitely one id be nervous about.

I want to catch some nice NYC night shots but am sure there are Manhattan rules rules that are tighter than the FAA regulations so what say you New York pilots, help a brother out.

What is the best method for catching a flight in the city. My brother lives truly in TriBeCa, not some BS edge of Brooklyn and using the name. I'm at 60 Beach and from the roof it looks like I could almost jump to the FT.

2 years ago. I would be not concerned but if there was ever a place where you could earn yourself a $20,000 fine it would be here.

Think it's safe? Thinking of calling NYPD and just asking.

Late.

I would wait for 4th to pass since everybody is on the edge now.
Have lived in NYC for 12 years, better shots are from NJ or SI across the bay.

I would wait for 4th to pass since everybody is on the edge now.
Have lived in NYC for 12 years, better shots are from NJ or SI across the bay.
Thanks bro. Yeah, I got some amazing shots in Jersey in Short Hills. Will call NYPD and ask them. I asked one guy and he said you can't fly drones anywhere in NYC but didn't we determine that FAA is the only governing body of the air so how would that be?

Just fly dude. There is a you tuber, Casey Neistat who just flies his p4 wherever he wants in nyc, unlicensed. Been doing it for a while and makes it very public.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Problem with NYC is that ALL is under the FAA control and most of the airspace starts from the ground (SFC), pretty much is like flying next to runway at an airport. Also you need a lot of altitude to pass the tall buildings there. If you want to shoot the fireworks best is from Brooklyn or NJ, put tape on the lights and go stealth.

map.PNG

Problem with NYC is that ALL is under the FAA control and most of the airspace starts from the ground (SFC), pretty much is like flying next to runway at an airport. Also you need a lot of altitude to pass the tall buildings there. If you want to shoot the fireworks best is from Brooklyn or NJ, put tape on the lights and go stealth.

View attachment 58965
I am near Brooklyn so perfect. I'm in TriBeCa.

View attachment 58965
Thanks Danny! Fantastic info and thanks for showing me the sectional on it.

It would seem I'm in the perfect spot.

Maybe I'll just keep it over the Hudson and nowhere near a building and get some skyline shots.

Just fly dude. There is a you tuber, Casey Neistat who just flies his p4 wherever he wants in nyc, unlicensed. Been doing it for a while and makes it very public.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Yeah, I watch his vlogs. Dude is awesome. Just watched one where he was flying in a NYC alley. He's awesome. I subscribe to about 10 tubers and he's one of them.

HAVE FUN ALL!
Remember, you're really celebration the 4th only if you invoke the 5th later...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl