California Coast at Pigeon Point

Reaction score
http://vimeo.com/103768156

Aerial video of the rocky coastline of northern California at Pigeon Point. Filmed in 1080P entirely last Saturday with a Phantom 2 Vision+ and edited completely on an iPad Air using Pinnacle Studio for iPad. Enjoy!

Great video. You set up some really nice angles and shots. I'm driving down there soon and crossing my fingers for a blue sky day! Hopefully my shots turn out as good as yours.

Redwood said:
Great video. You set up some really nice angles and shots. I'm driving down there soon and crossing my fingers for a blue sky day! Hopefully my shots turn out as good as yours.
Thanks! Just a heads up......I was asked to leave by the State Park Ranger. I think they were concerned I was getting too close to the lighthouse, and particularly the top of it, and flying over the area with the buildings. It was a Saturday afternoon and the park was moderately busy.

I didn't make an issue of it, in part because I already had most of the shots I wanted. I was trying to setup for a shot looking straight down from above the lighthouse when he asked me to land. I decided keeping my P2V+ and enjoying the rest of the day wasn't worth the risk of objecting. I told him it would take a couple of minutes to land and he took my word for it and left. I then went a couple hundred yards down the coast and got the shots from a distance and didn't try to fly too close again.

Hope you have a great day filming the lighthouse.....I did!

Excellent flying and nice angles. Sounds like your dealings with the State Park Ranger were handled exactly right.

I was checking out Pigeon Point on the map the other day, but with your recent flight and Redwood's plans to fly, I'll probably hold off.

I wouldn't mind flying with some folks and learning new things. Let me know if you're interested.

I really like the pace of your shots and the length before you switch to another view. A lot of the arial videos I have seen jump from shot to shot quickly, but I like seeing a good long shot. Really well done.

RedRyderMedia said:

Aerial video of the rocky coastline of northern California at Pigeon Point. Filmed in 1080P entirely last Saturday with a Phantom 2 Vision+ and edited completely on an iPad Air using Pinnacle Studio for iPad. Enjoy!

what camera were you using? Just the stock one?

ATOMSK said:
RedRyderMedia said:

what camera were you using? Just the stock one?

Yes, stock Phantom 2Vision+ camera set for 1080P at 30fps......no post processing. Color adjustment would be nice, but too time consuming for me at this point. My focus is on flying, filming, and editing. I'm happy with the results.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing