Calibration question.

Reaction score
Hi All,

I took my new P3S for its first flight a few days ago. I calibrated it correctly, and had a good first flight. No problems while flying at all.

Here's my question. When I landed and stopped the motors, I tried to restart them and go up again. They wouldn't start. DJI Go app said IMU error and to calibrate again. Is that normal? I didn't turn off the bird, just stopped the motors. I didn't calibrate it again since I decided to head home.

Seems to me that I should be able to land, shut down and then take off again with no issues.

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Update. I tried to start it up again tonight and nothing. Still getting the IMU error message. Restarting the bird did nothing. I'm not happy. This is a brand new bird. Can anyone help?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Had the same problem recently which i kept getting and drived me crazy.. a IMU recalibration via the advance settings on a good open space fixed it for me.

In advance settings you should find the option IMU calibration.

Did you recently update the firmware?

Ok thanks. I'll try that. This is new to me, so I appreciate all the help!!

I did the firmware upgrade when I got it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I did the firmware upgrade when I got it.

When i went looking for a fix i noticed others got this mostly after upgrading firmware.

Might be good to re-calibrate everything after each firmware update.

Make sure its on a level surface when you re-calibrate and no metal or anything around.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl