Calibrating the compass on Phantom 2

Reaction score
I have the Phantom2, and I got some problems with calibrating the compass.

When I was trying to calibrating the first time I did a mistake because I was thinking S2 was S1. I rapidly flip the S2 up and down six times and the LED indicator changed to blinking red :oops:

Then I did it the right way with the S1 and the led indicators changed to solid yellow. So far so good.
Then I hold the phantom horizontally/rotate 360 --> Solid green. Like it should be.
But then when I did the same, but vertically i got Red/yellow blinking light.

Any ideas for what can I do?

Hi there,

You need to turn it all off controller, wifi extender and phantom go to the middle of a field or somewhere where there is no metal poles and not near and metal bare in mind over head cables and reinforced concrete has metal in it

turn on everything after warm up flick the S1 switch from the fully up to the fully down position for at least 10 times
once the LED change to solid yellow the compass calibration has been initiated
holding the phantom horizontally rotate it 360 on its centre axis until the LED go to solid green then hold the phantom vertically and rotate 360 on its centre axis until the LED light disappears

if it flashes yellow and red the process has failed you must start over DO NOT FLY IT UNTILL YOU HAVE COMPLETED A SUCCESSFUL CALIBRATION IT WILL PROBABLY CRASH :eek:

Thanks for your help. I did more less as you told me. I did it inside the house. But this time it didn't blink red when I did the vertical twist 360.
But this time it whent from green to blinking yellow instead. I find out that I wanted to calibrating the compass one more time but outside in an open area. I turned off the Phantom and the remote control and I went to an open place outside far away from everything.

When I tourned on the helicopter and the remote control the Phantom where flashing slow green.

I felt very happy and I find out that I wanted to try to fly it youst a little bit. Only 30 cm or something like that.
I screw it up a little bitt. And I brice two of the propellers. When I tourned it on the next time it was still flashing green.
But after a while the signal where changing to slow flashing yellow instead :(

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl