Caching maps into dji go

Reaction score
Understand that dji go will load the google map and hold it without without wifi if you leave
tablet on but read a year old post that says dji go will allow you to cache multiple maps.
Anyone know how this is done or a good alternative. Someone said use google maps Caching
which I did but dji go will not display them.

The current version of DJI GO uses HERE maps, so caching the maps in Google Maps will not work. You can cache maps in DJI GO like this.

The current version of DJI GO uses HERE maps, so caching the maps in Google Maps will not work. You can cache maps in DJI GO like this.

Thanks for the prompt help as I am new to all this. In viewing the link, I seen reference to it only working
with Apple, not android but comments were pretty old. Will dji go find the HERE app on android also.

In viewing the link, I seen reference to it only working
with Apple, not android but comments were pretty old.
On Android devices, there is no setting to force DJI GO to cache the maps. It just does it automatically when the map data is downloaded.

On Android devices, there is no setting to force DJI GO to cache the maps. It just does it automatically when the map data is downloaded.
I installed HERE and got the map on my Asus 8 in
Was able today to get my tablet and remote controller to display the HERE map but frankly support online for
HERE seems extremely poor and I note that the Satellite view (very important for my use.) is very low resolution compared to google maps. Wonder why in the world DJI went with a wanta be map app instead of letting us use google maps that lets me cache multiple locations in the resolution we want. Anyone know if DJI has any plans to add google cached maps to the controller.

DJI just recently switched from Google maps to HERE maps. Assuming they switched for a good reason, they likely don't have plans to switch back to Google maps.

DJI just recently switched from Google maps to HERE maps. Assuming they switched for a good reason, they likely don't have plans to switch back to Google maps.
I suspect it may be the issue that google clears maps in thirty days unless updated. Is the poor satellite view
a result of HERE not having as good of data than google or is it just be screwing up. I noticed when trying to
save a map that HERE will not let me zoom in to a smaller area even in map mode. Could that be a tablet
issue.

Thanks for your help, and you and family have a wonderful Christmas.

Lenny

Santa was good to me and bought me a P3A. I am new to flying them and read a lot about em and ready for my first flight when the weather permits (snowing and cold right now). My question is as follows. We are going to Asia and want to make sure I understand how to cache maps as I won't have data or wifi. Do I simply go over the areas I'm going to go to and zoom in as much as I can while in wifi or on data on my tablet? Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

We are going to Asia and want to make sure I understand how to cache maps as I won't have data or wifi. Do I simply go over the areas I'm going to go to and zoom in as much as I can while in wifi or on data on my tablet?
See this post.

Wow thanks a million msinger! I was worried I couldn't fly with No data and no wifi.... hope to make some nice memories in Asia for 7 weeks ;) cheers and thanks for all the valuable info friends

Santa was good to me and bought me a P3A. I am new to flying them and read a lot about em and ready for my first flight when the weather permits (snowing and cold right now). My question is as follows. We are going to Asia and want to make sure I understand how to cache maps as I won't have data or wifi. Do I simply go over the areas I'm going to go to and zoom in as much as I can while in wifi or on data on my tablet? Thanks guys

Marc48236
Would like to know how your caching with HERE maps as I am new to flying also having a P4. I have a Asus tablet and when I try to zoom in to house level on the map to save it but cannot zoom in that fair
except if I use google maps which will no longer work with DJI GO.

I've only tried w the map system attached to go app (HERE) and will not let me zoom in all the way down either. Sorry I'm not sure and hoping someone can help us. Cheers

Thank you, lest I know now that it is not me or my tablet. I am really disappointed because I wanted to store not just the map but more importantly the satellite view which right now is useless. If I zoom in where I can see houses in general in google, all I see in HERE is a green background. Lenny

go to apkpure.com and get version 3.01 or earlier of DJI GO, or purchase Litchi. Either solution will bring Google Maps back.

go to apkpure.com and get version 3.01 or earlier of DJI GO, or purchase Litchi. Either solution will bring Google Maps back.
That would really help. My only concerns are whether there are any major operational fixes that
are not in 3.1 (not much worried about added features.) and with Litchi I have seen several people
saying they think it caused more fly aways. Any Thoughts.

Lenny

DJI GO will not open 3.01 anymore. It is blocked by DJI..
Wow that really sucks as HERE Map is has such low detail and Satellite view is totally useless. But my Phd computer son says it is likely because
Google updates it's mapping system very often which forces programs that use google to also update which cost money. DJI just being capitolist I guess. Sure wish we had another option, I really do not want to completely change the operating system to Liche.

Open the DJI Go app, click on camera view and open the map and map and maximise it.
Look around the area you are interested in at the scale you want.

Thanks to Meta for the above

Last edited:
Hi, I have a Nexus 7 running Android 6.0.1.

The way I cache maps has nothing to do with the Go app. Just fire up the tablet and connect to the internet and select Google maps. On my display Google maps appears and in the top left the is a box with three horizontal lines with try petrol stations, cash machines or something similar.

Tap on the three horizontal lines and another box opens. One of the selections is 'Offline Areas'. Tap that and select your own area. Once you have done this it will last for about a month before you have to renew it otherwise it gets deleted.

I hope this helps you.
Hi, I have a Nexus 7 running Android 6.0.1.

The way I cache maps has nothing to do with the Go app. Just fire up the tablet and connect to the internet and select Google maps. On my display Google maps appears and in the top left the is a box with three horizontal lines with try petrol stations, cash machines or something similar.

Tap on the three horizontal lines and another box opens. One of the selections is 'Offline Areas'. Tap that and select your own area. Once you have done this it will last for about a month before you have to renew it otherwise it gets deleted.

I hope this helps you.
Hey DeltaMike:

Nice update but the real issue is that the current DJI software will not access google maps and display drone position on it. DJI decided to use HERE maps instead which sucks.

Reactions: RémyHeli

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen