[Buyers help] off-brand Phantom 3 Battery

Reaction score
I'm slowly realizing that my existing Phantom 3 batteries might be dead and need to replace them. I've contacted all retailers I can find in my country and there are no one selling either OEM or third party ones. It seems to me that my only choice now is to buy some third-party/off-brand ones from China. E.g. through AliExpress.

Do someone here have any well reputed sellers to recommend? They need to ship internationally to Europe.

I've e.g. found this one on AliExpress, but I'm not sure what I should look for or keep an eye out for. Any experiences that some of you might have? For example someone here mentioned I should test the battery with some low flying in an open field the first time, to ensure that they work correctly. Not sure if that's sufficient?

Reactions: RodPad
Since DJI no longer supports the Phantom 3 series, parts like batteries will be nearly impossible to find in new OEM condition.

My original OEM batteries are still hanging in there, but one day I too will have to venture off into the twilight zone and attempt to find comparable aftermarket batteries.

Just check on the forums for recent posts concerning battery vendors that provide a good quality product, and offer international shipping. Don't jump at the first ones you see. Do your homework. You don't want to depend on a questionable aftermarket battery when flying at altitude. If something goes wrong.......gravity is a b*tch. Good luck.

I have had good luck with PowerExtra which you can get on Amazon. All three of my now retired PowerExtra batteries had close to 200 charge cycles on them.

I will be buying another soon.

Chris

Just check on the forums for recent posts concerning battery vendors that provide a good quality product, and offer international shipping. Don't jump at the first ones you see. Do your homework. You don't want to depend on a questionable aftermarket battery when flying at altitude. If something goes wrong.......gravity is a b*tch. Good luck.
Yeah, I have. But many of the onesI find in forums are either not available anymore or the posts are too old to be valid anymore. I agree, though it will be a chance game either way. Many of the reviews I see are most likely right after they've bought it, and not after they've been used for a while :(. haha, yeah 🫠

Reactions: captainmilehigh
I have had good luck with PowerExtra which you can get on Amazon. All three of my now retired PowerExtra batteries had close to 200 charge cycles on them.

I will be buying another soon.

Chris
Thanks for the tip, unfortunately they are not available anymore :( "Currently unavailable."

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately they are not available anymore :( "Currently unavailable."
Well, that's not a good sign...😫. Even the PowerExtra company site doesn't list them anymore.

Hopefully others will chime in with their recommendations on non-OEM Phantom 3 batteries......and an honest assesment on their performance.

Anybody out there try the 'ExpertPower' brand yet? 🤷‍♂️

They are still available on the Amazon.ca store.

Chris

Hm. Might be because of some shipping rules. Either way they don't ship to Europe from Amazon.ca 😥, thanks tho.
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can find another reputable source. I know there are lots listed on eBay but I have never ordered any from there. Might be an option if you can't find any other source.

Good luck!

Chris

Reactions: DCWolfie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka