Brand new older phantom

Nope not at all. If it flies its fine, updates are not always essential however DO NOT accept any update that pops up in the DJI vision app, in fact if you have an android device forget the Dji app and grab Litchi off the playstore. Again do not accept any update that comes up in the Dji app as it screws up the FPV

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yea, mines at 3.08 IIRC. I think 3.14 was the last issued???

I think mine is at 2.X or close, I disable wifi when using the Phantom software though to be sure i stay there.

do not buy "new" P2 anymore. it has this issue with the wifi repeater. its NAND memory gets corrupt by just not using it for a few weeks months.. mine is the latest, V3 version and its the second time i sent it back to DJI... do not buy it.

If I buy A new phantom 2 vision plus
Is it crucial to update firmware

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
IMHO not crucial at all. Last time mine was updated was something like June 2015. Indeed, I've only ever updated the firmware once. If it flies good then don't update. Only thing you need to do is a compass callibibration if you move to a new take off area that is a good distance from the last place you took off from: If you take off from the same place all the time you don't need to do that unless you see the aircraft hunting around.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl