Bought a used drone

Reaction score
I bought a used phantom 3s from a friend and was wondering if there was anything I needed to so to make it "mine". Is there any registration with dji or anyone else that I need to worrie about? Also I have formatted the sd card and changed the wifi password, is there anything else I should do?

Besides creating your own DJI account, the only other thing you have to do is to register it with the FAA if you are US based. If you are elsewhere, look into your own country rules and regulations. Other than that, enjoy flying the P3S. It's a great drone.

FAADroneZone

OH.....One more thing very important : Tape your name and address city and phone number in a small waterproof packet to the back side of the camera...these drones can do crazy things and fly away or the owners can do even more crazy things and loose them !....many don't have owner information on their's and are lost ! and on the indents of the battery use a fine tip magic marker and a small stick on label and put your phone number on it ! ~~~~~ Good Flying ^ and enjoy the great world of flyn a Drone !

Reactions: JazzAir
Still that "might" be ok.........but not many would even know that " tiny itty bitty " card is in their and they might not have a card reader or know how to read one even if they did....as a precaution add that small packet that's wrapped in plastic with your information in it and tape to the back side of the camera with clear shipping tape so its visible !.....in formatting that card ever time you get your pictures off it...you might wipe the personal information off too and not a good thing !

We live in a world, where some people may wish to do harm. I think that the wise course of action is just put your last name and phone number. It's better to be safe than sorry.

However In the world and the Internet...a Reverse look up of a phone number sometimes for a very small fee...They can still find you ! You cant hide now days !

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT