Blurry Pictures But Crisp Video

Reaction score
Edit: Never mind, my photoviewer on my computer was making the image look blurry when it down sampled the photo resolution to my screen resolution.

So I've started to try to take some pictures instead of just video with my P3P, and am having pretty poor results. I've taken some pictures back to back with video with the same ISO and exposure settings so I have very similar exposure times, but the still picture is quite blurry, while a frame capture from the 1080p video is quite a bit clearer.

What is even odder is that I've noticed in the live feed, I can even see some degradation in image quality when I move the selector switch from video to stills. I would have thought this would have no effect on the live feed.

I've attached an example from this weekend. There are some color balance differences between the two images, but the still picture is pretty blurry.

Can anyone offer some advice on what may be going wrong here?

Picture.JPG Video.jpg

Last edited:
Assuming the still is the first pic (on the left) I think is it just a matter of adjusting the white balance. I did a very quick white balance adjustment and a little sharpening and came up with this, which I see as a beautiful photo.

8225432_orig.jpg

Reactions: yblaser
Assuming the still is the first pic (on the left) I think is it just a matter of adjusting the white balance. I did a very quick white balance adjustment and a little sharpening and came up with this, which I see as a beautiful photo.

8225432_orig.jpg
Thanks SanCap!. Fixing the white balance does make it look better, and in trying to compare the before and after I think I figured out the issue. It actually looks like it is an issue with how I am viewing the image on my computer and how it is downscaling the high res photo to the resolution of my monitor. The result of the downscaling is making the picture look blurry on my monitor. If I zoom in on the original the image looks much clearer, so it doesn't look like there is an issue to begin with.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl