Blinking Lights for the Phantom 2

Reaction score
I have looked and maybe I am just blind....
Just bought a used quad from a guy on the forums... great deal and lots of extras.....

I went out to calibrate it today seemed to go good with no issues (**** its cold out)
After I calibrate I get 2 solid red's and 2 blinking greens.... both s1 and s2 are to the very top....

Any suggestions ?

Thanks yall

I wanted to add... I had no problem flying it... just my first time out... just curious... thanks guys

chess said:
Just bought a used quad from a guy on the forums... great deal and lots of extras.....

I went out to calibrate it today seemed to go good with no issues (**** its cold out)
After I calibrate I get 2 solid red's and 2 blinking greens.... both s1 and s2 are to the very top....

Any suggestions ?

Thanks yall

Ummm the two solid reds are in the front correct? That's normal. It's the back lights that provide codes... Red, yellow and green... If they are blinking green you have GPS lock.

Go to the DJI website and download the manual and read it a few times :)

Buckaye said:
chess said:

Any suggestions ?

Thanks yall

Ummm the two solid reds are in the front correct? That's normal. It's the back lights that provide codes... Red, yellow and green... If they are blinking green you have GPS lock.

Go to the DJI website and download the manual and read it a few times :)

I've read it a few times lol..lol..

Ill double check but def 2 reds and 2 blinking greens

Got a lock.... blinking greens and 2 solid reds....

Took it up probably hell i dont know several hundred feet maybe 100 feet.... got all 4 blinkings reds..... is this due to me being near a military installation ?

Just curious... was odd it happened....

Thanks for any help

if its blinking 2 reds and then greens and back to reds. You are not getting all 7 satellites.
(if Im remembering right ) One red and then green means 6 satellites
2 reds then green means 5 satellites ,
3 reds then greens means 4
or some thing like that . There is a chart some place that shows the sat count it should be in the manual.

chess said:

Took it up probably hell i dont know several hundred feet maybe 100 feet.... got all 4 blinkings reds..... is this due to me being near a military installation ?

Thanks for any help

How long had you been flying? What was your battery level... It could have been a low battery warning

J.James said:
if its blinking 2 reds and then greens and back to reds. You are not getting all 7 satellites.
(if Im remembering right ) One red and then green means 6 satellites
2 reds then green means 5 satellites ,
3 reds then greens means 4
or some thing like that . There is a chart some place that shows the sat count it should be in the manual.

I had 2 solid red's and blinking greens.....

Buckaye said:
chess said:

Thanks for any help

How long had you been flying? What was your battery level... It could have been a low battery warning

That could have been it.... *shrugs*

Front should always be solid red when the motors are running.
Rears should flash green when you have enough sats, or flash red and green if you don't have enough sats. This is a slowish flash.
The airport zone red flashes are fast flashes - im not sure if all four flash or just the back two. This happens every 5 seconds or so - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlBQFM7LgiA

Could have been battery. Slow red flash from rear.

Check restricted areas here - http://www.dji.com/fly-safe/category-mc

MrC said:
Front should always be solid red when the motors are running.
Rears should flash green when you have enough sats, or flash red and green if you don't have enough sats. This is a slowish flash.
The airport zone red flashes are fast flashes - im not sure if all four flash or just the back two. This happens every 5 seconds or so - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlBQFM7LgiA

Could have been battery. Slow red flash from rear.

Check restricted areas here - http://www.dji.com/fly-safe/category-mc

GOod stuff... but i am pretty sure the military installation is a no fly zone and i was within 1 mile of that.....

Its not showing up on the dji link, but i am pretty sure its a no fly ;)

ZeekArmy said:
I would'nt be flying a Phantom or any RC Aircraft near any Military Installation...

hovering at 10 ft in the air wont cause anything.... but going up higher I would agree...

Just find it kind of odd that DJI doesnt have those on the map that is on the website.....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing