Black Pearl and AVL58 Problems

Reaction score
I have a P2 with iOSD, gopro 4 silver, zenmuse h3-3d, and a AVL5.8 vtx. I recently bought a black pearl off of craigslist and am having problems with it. The monitor came with one of the stock antennas and one Immersion 5..8 spironet antennas. It took some channel searching to begin with to get a clear picture which wasn't too surprising, after 5 minutes of checking all the bands and channels, the clearest image was still pretty noisy and was quickly shifting. It was still better than flying without any screen so I decided to take my phantom for a spin, as soon as I armed the quad, the picture quality got even worse. Taking it up into the air I lost color, and flying it about 10 feet away I lost the gopro feed completely but still had the telemetry.

Could the problem be that I don't have matching antennas?

Probably not, mine are not matching. Make sure the gopro and black pearl are both set on the same thing, PAL or NTSC. That is a common problem.

Check the connection to the Gopro, the ribbon cable is notoriously weak and likely to give this sort of result. Otherwise, buy another vtx and substitute that for the existing one to see if that helps.
Be aware that the main cause of the vtx being fried is because it is powered up without an antenna connected to it. What antenna do you have on the vtx at the moment?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl