Birds attacked my Phantom 2!

Reaction score
While out shooting this morning, a flock of birds aggressively went at my Phantom 2. Luckily I as able to maneuver out of their way (several times before I was able to safely land), and even luckier I got this shot of six of them!

Anyone else have an encounter with birds that they'd like to share, or ideally share a photo of?

Attachments

• birds.jpg
    birds.jpg
    824.8 KB · Views: 561
I had a similar experience last month. Family of swallows appeared out of nowhere. Rather than attacking I think now they were just curious and eager to prove that at only a couple of months old they could easily fly rings round me.

At the time I just decided to get out of their way as quickly as possible, landed and left the air to them highly aerobatic little sods ;)

Had something similar 2 months ago, but not that critical.

Regards, Gerd

Attachments

• Pic1.jpg
    Pic1.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 629
  • Pic2.jpg
    Pic2.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 670
Yes!! I can't ever snap pics, but every time I fly the vultures get lower, and lower until they're circling my flight path. I live in south TEXAS and there are a lot of them, so it happens pretty much every time I fly on a warm, clear day!

not an attack, but i was quietly hovering when he flew straight in front

Untitled_zps29c74c2f.jpg

Are those pigeons, Shotby? I'd never have guessed they would be aggressive.
In breeding season, some Australian magpies are notorious for diving on people in their territories.
I've had my phantom attacked by them 3 times, real attacks that go on and on with lots of noise until I land.
Always too busy with evasive manoeuvres to photograph but last time I had video running.
This screen shot shows a smaller relative of the magpie, a Butcherbird, that joined in the attack.
I've also had a Peregrine falcon show some interest in my bird but I didn't hang around to see what that might have eventuated.
i-Kt7VRWK-XL.jpg

I ran into an issue with a small hawk last week. Couple of close calls with it dive bombing the uav. But after a few evasive maneuvers and quick descent I was able to stop the pursuit.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415071282.998275.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415071282.998275.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 558
Any chance you folks could produce videos of these encounters? This is more fun than watching Gilligan's Island. :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl