Bill being drafted to destroy drones (especially photo drones),

Clauss RODEON piXposer 360 Gigapixel Panoramic Head #305 000 0033 - Newegg.com
GigaPan EPIC Robotic Camera Mount 600-0006 B&H Photo Video
And yes, I know how Gigapixel shots work. Again, NOT the point. A UAS is not a good spying device. At all.
And the "Gigapixel ProjectL began 17 years ago by Graham Flint and was existing before that project.
You were telling us that Gigapixel cameras are easy to get and have been around for 20 years.
You are confusing gigapixel images taken with ordinary cameras with gigapixel cameras
This is a gigapixel camera: The World’s Largest and Most Powerful Camera Gets Funding for 3.2-Gigapixel Sky Photos

[emoji16] Sorry, I just meant the battle over what to call these things! I once thought it important enough to take a stand over the nomenclature, but I've come to realize that's not the major issue; UNLESS and until the nomenclature becomes applied to classes that no longer make sense. In that case, I may very well become impassioned about it again.

I was after all the one that posted this, just to help drive the point home:
00f5482ccd6c5456ed89dea49019c025.jpg

Until I remembered that people are lazy and will use whatever word has the least amount of syllables in it.
Lol!!!

The federal gov can't stop the hack of an email server at the NSA, i doubt they have the skill level to hack a drone. :)

I'd say the only thing wrong about this is that it removes recourse in the case that the government was not it its rights to exercise these powers.

US state and federal laws have more and more protections for abuse of power built in. Federal laws dictating that a state cannot make a law for a particular purpose. These laws to protect lobbied interests and government overreach and incompetence.

So if you're legally flying your drone and some "officer" (not necessarily civilian) decides that he's taking down and seizing your drone and this is later found to have been illegal, you will have 0 recourse against the government. Encoding this in law is legislative incompetence - but they've been doing it more and more over the past 10 years or so.

The federal gov can't stop the hack of an email server at the NSA, i doubt they have the skill level to hack a drone. :)

They can certainly jam it and force it down including RTH where they can scoop you and your equipment up ....

I just happened to see that Steel (actually all 3) got arrested: (go to 13:50)

I've seen that video (the building scenes) before and others (such as putting stickers on building windows). Edgy guy but clearly flirting with trespassing and damage to property and possible endangerment of people (though at the sites there are few if any people at the time of his flights - it just takes one unlucky person to come around a corner when his racer comes thrashing in at speed).

Posting these videos was a simple invitation to be investigated and/or charged and/or arrested and/or prosecuted and/or found guilty and/or fined and/or imprisoned with all the lifelong privileges thereto pertaining.

You should have actually read it first rather than looking only at sensationalized titles. This is nothing but a procedural change to officially allow something that should have been allowed all along. No one is going to take an AA gun to your Mavic for the fun of it.
And the Director of National Security told us the government does not collect mega data on US citizens.

Reactions: Jussaguy
I'd say the only thing wrong about this is that it removes recourse in the case that the government was not it its rights to exercise these powers.

US state and federal laws have more and more protections for abuse of power built in. Federal laws dictating that a state cannot make a law for a particular purpose. These laws to protect lobbied interests and government overreach and incompetence.

So if you're legally flying your drone and some "officer" (not necessarily civilian) decides that he's taking down and seizing your drone and this is later found to have been illegal, you will have 0 recourse against the government. Encoding this in law is legislative incompetence - but they've been doing it more and more over the past 10 years or so.

The proposed legislation does not say that you would have no legal recourse against the government - it protects the individuals carrying out the intervention from the personal liability that they would currently have under existing laws.

Reactions: Crack The Sky
The proposed legislation does not say that you would have no legal recourse against the government - it protects the individuals carrying out the intervention from the personal liability that they would currently have under existing laws.

I just read the NYT article so didn't get the precise gist of it. From the NYT article.
The government would have to respect “privacy, civil rights and civil liberties” when exercising that power, the draft bill says. But courts would have no jurisdiction to hear lawsuits arising from such activity.

So ambiguous wrt personal liability.
That said, personal liabilty exemption amounts to the same thing. Exempt people in government from liability and it frees them from sober judgement.

arrested for flying a drone with no charges given during the report. I would most definitely want to know what they are being charged with. Still it doesn't surprise me that the Steel guy might have haters that would use law enforcement to harass him. I'm sure there's a few limp types on here that would more than willing to rat out a fellow pilot.

Prudence dictates that we should be leery of power and those who wield it.
A "pilot", (and I cringe at calling sUAS operators, pilots), who break the law, are not fellow pilots of mine.
"What are they being charged with?"
Here, we would start by charging them with Felony Dumbaxx

Last edited by a moderator:
I just read the NYT article so didn't get the precise gist of it. From the NYT article.
The government would have to respect “privacy, civil rights and civil liberties” when exercising that power, the draft bill says. But courts would have no jurisdiction to hear lawsuits arising from such activity.

So ambiguous wrt personal liability.
That said, personal liabilty exemption amounts to the same thing. Exempt people in government from liability and it frees them from sober judgement.

Why didn't you read the actual document? It was linked in the first post.

And no, protecting the individuals from liability, while it may have some effect on the individuals judgement in deciding whether to intervene, is not the same as giving you no recourse against the goverment agency involved.

Why didn't you read the actual document? It was linked in the first post.

And no, protecting the individuals from liability, while it may have some effect on the individuals judgement in deciding whether to intervene, is not the same as giving you no recourse against the goverment agency involved.

I didn't know that I have a legal, moral, ethical obligation to do so. How many snooze-pages long was it anyway? I opened it, read the first page and then went on to the NYT article). Sue me.

My opinion is that government employees are generally protected too much from recourse against their incompetence.

Sue me.

I didn't know that I have a legal, moral, ethical obligation to do so. How many snooze-pages long was it anyway? I opened it, read the first page and then went on to the NYT article). Sue me.

My opinion is that government employees are generally protected too much from recourse against their incompetence.

Sue me.

It was only ten pages or so. You have no obligation, of course, but I find that news reporting, especially on subjects like these, are not always well-informed and it's often not good to draw conclusions from them.

On the protection issue as far as I'm aware, most government employees, other than the military in specific cases, have little or no protection from individual liability.

It was only ten pages or so. You have no obligation, of course, but I find that news reporting, especially on subjects like these, are not always well-informed and it's often not good to draw conclusions from them.

On the protection issue as far as I'm aware, most government employees, other than the military in specific cases, have little or no protection from individual liability.

Is that just word play? I mean individual liability for actions performing their duties as government employees. If this law exempts them from the consequences of applying this law improperly then it is simply wrong and congress should strike that exemption.

Is that just word play? I mean individual liability for actions performing their duties as government employees. If this law exempts them from the consequences of applying this law improperly then it is simply wrong and congress should strike that exemption.

I assumed that you did mean liability for actions taken performing their duties, and that was what I was referring to. Government employees are not protected from legal liability in any situations that I can think of.

If you read the discussion section in the linked document, the issue it focusses on is that some of the actions being discussed are currently prohibited by other laws, such as the aircraft sabotage act, that were not originally envisaged to cover this kind of situation.

Last edited:
I've seen that video (the building scenes) before and others (such as putting stickers on building windows). Edgy guy but clearly flirting with trespassing and damage to property and possible endangerment of people (though at the sites there are few if any people at the time of his flights - it just takes one unlucky person to come around a corner when his racer comes thrashing in at speed).

Posting these videos was a simple invitation to be investigated and/or charged and/or arrested and/or prosecuted and/or found guilty and/or fined and/or imprisoned with all the lifelong privileges thereto pertaining.
While they do actually have a undocumented "agreement" with this lot, I can't disagree with most of what you posted here.

Some of you should take a lesson as some of you are accusing me of being reactionary and over the top. I'm not, I'm trying to spark a necessary discussion.

Sorry if I sound like I'm talking down but this post represents a normal and well thought out response and it gets a point across much better.

Where are my lawyers at?

This is simply untrue. In the course of proteticint the public in a course of law, there is no procedural rules to necisitate the destruction of property to protect the public.

If someone was, for purposes of an extreme example, flying an S1000 with an AR10 attached to it and someone was shooting up a crowd of people, whomever (including law enforcement) shot it down, there would be no law needed to protect them from liability of the UAS. Same as if a cars tires were flattened in a car chase, the officers wouldn't be liable for the tires. I mean come on, the conversation is so off the rails here.

It should be, what should the rules be and how well defined should they be and I pray that you guys don't think that piece of garbage that I posted which is the current draft is worthy. It ain't. It's so non-descriptive.

And the Director of National Security told us the government does not collect mega data on US citizens.

Wordsmith. I've been trying to get this point across the whole thread. You did it with elegant few words and a real life example. Thank you.

The government are the bad guys R or D, I'm sorry to tell you if you didn't already know.

Sue me.

I don't think we necessarily fall in line politically (could be wrong) but I agree with this statement wholeheartedly.

It's honestly a simple equation. If you add liability to incompetence the sum is greater care which is never a bad thing.

An emergency is always obvious. Give an officer the power and even if some or even most will not abuse it, plenty will.

Last edited:
Where are my lawyers at?

This is simply untrue. In the course of proteticint the public in a course of law, there is no procedural rules to necisitate the destruction of property to protect the public.

If someone was, for purposes of an extreme example, flying an S1000 with an AR10 attached to it and someone was shooting up a crowd of people, whomever (including law enforcement) shot it down, there would be no law needed to protect them from liability of the UAS. Same as if a cars tires were flattened in a car chase, the officers wouldn't be liable for the fires. I mean come on, the conversation is so off the rails here.

It should be, what should the rules be and how well defined should they be and I pray that you guys don't think that piece of garbage that I posted which is the current draft is worthy. It ain't. It's so non-descriptive.

I'm not sure what you think is untrue. I agree completely that in your example (and armed S1000), it would be justifiable action to take it down with no liability issues. That's not what this proposal addresses. It's concerned, instead, with personal liability if it turns out that the S1000 was not actually armed, and so the government employee just shot down an FAA-defined civilian aircraft.

Anyway - it was not my intent to defend the proposal - I was simply pointing out that, as written, it does not appear to prevent legal recourse against the agency involved, just against the individuals involved.

I'm not sure what you think is untrue. I agree completely that in your example (and armed S1000), it would be justifiable action to take it down with no liability issues. That's not what this proposal addresses. It's concerned, instead, with personal liability if it turns out that the S1000 was not actually armed, and so the government employee just shot down an FAA-defined civilian aircraft.

Anyway - it was not my intent to defend the proposal - I was simply pointing out that, as written, it does not appear to prevent legal recourse against the agency involved, just against the individuals involved.
It actually does. Directly from the article and I was coming here to post this. I am going to post a large part of it that people probably won't read but I am begging if there are any lawyers here, whether you agree or disagree with me, please speak up. My brother and a couple other family member are lawyers and I've already had this discussion with them. My brother is head council at Fortress Hedge Fund (meaning he makes the final green light on sometimes multi-billion $ deals and they are mandated to do what he said. He was also offered a job in the Trump administration which he turned down, thank God. He once worked for the SEC right out of law school so he has government ties) I am not bragging about my brother, as proud of him as I am, I am just saying that my thoughts on this are backed up after speaking with him. Doesn't make it right one way or the other as even if you understand the legal aspect of it, you can still agree or not agree with it. This is obviously subjective stuff we are discussing here.

I wanted to post this part of the 10 page document which is the meat of it. This is the problem. Things need to be defined EXACTLY or the 4th amendment might as well not even exist. The potential abuse of power for agents of any kind to be abused exist without any ambiguity. It doesn't even take a lawyer to know this. Any business man with a good understanding of contractual law knows that a SINGLE word can effectively render a contract useless and unenforceable so the verbiage and content of a contact or law must be so precise that there is no room for ambiguity and this is LOADED WITH it and that's my point. The document refers throughout about what they are and are not allowed to to. "they" being whatever agency is acting on the law (probably law enforcement but maybe a park ranger or even a rent-a-cop) and what is in their legal grounds, and the article refers to subset B and C of I think article 1 but no matter, it's the B and C part that is what is not at all defined and I'll go ahead and give the government my very lightly placed benefit of the doubt for it being the first printed draft (which means it went through probably 100s of drafts first).

Here is a picture of that article because it won't let me cut and paste from the article so I screen captured it but for reference on the rest of this post and maybe for the people that didn't read the article which is more important than the NYT which is full of bias. This is straight forward, go ahead and read and make up your mind. I am speaking to the crowd, not the poster I quoted.

Screen%20Shot%202017-05-27%20at%2010.09.38%20AM_zpsq9tgfotc.jpg

Now go ask your favorite article but as it is stated here, it might as well say "we can do what we want, when we want for whatever reason we want". An officer can't pull you over because your car looks fast. He can't pull you over because you are not breaking any laws and if you were to red the laws as it pertains to what they are and aren't allowed to do which is protected legislation by the way we make laws in this country which is though lobbying, you would be able to read right through this and though it is covered and to the uninitiated, quite clearly that it is for the protection of the public so I can understand why some people here are defending it.

I ask you, I beg you, to actually look at it. It is not specific in any nature. It should be. It gives the right for agency to be able to confiscate, destroy, or otherwise molest your right to fly your UAS responsibly even with the knowledge on how to do it properly (getting air tower permission which by the way does matter to whomever says the tower cant override the FAA). It's true that NOBODY, including the state can override regulations that were set in place by the FAA. it is one of the few areas where this is true. The states can only reach FARTHER in their decisions as it pertains to their airspace (and only for private aircrafts) and cannot go backwards. In other words, if the FAA says "you cannot fly here no matter what", the state cannot enact a law saying otherwise. As many have seen (like the municipally of NYC), they can enact any law saying "you cannot fly here". That they can do. But for all intents and purposes, the air is solely covered by the FAA and this bill as it stands right now anyway, is so ambiguous that any time you have ever had to invoke your rights to fly, and I have several times, and 99.9% of the time successfully because I haven't flow illegally in years, you will not have a leg to stand on. They an tell you to bring it down, shoot it down, confiscate it.

So I say again. I am all for regulation. I study the rules and laws. I've learned how to read sectionals. I know how to speak to the tower. I still double check my radars and various other aerial maps that can give me information in case there is any problem and I NEVER fly over 400 feet because in general, unless you are at the beach where there are a 100 thins flying below where they are allowed, like a advert plane or a para-sailer. Did you know that it is a violation of FAA regulation pretty much every single time a para-sailer gets sent up? It's also a flying body with zero regulation but because there is no threat, they don't care

The threat of a para-sailer colliding with a heli which are always flying below their allowed amount (which is almost always over 400 feet), the dangers are coming from other places which is why we must be vigilant but also understand that we are under siege by this legislation as it pertains to our freedom of flight.

We do and should have access to the air with reasonable expectation of responsibility. I am not even against licensing and registration. BUT the problem is DEFINE the rules.

X amount of feet away from a military base is ALWAYS illegal or section b of that piece of crap bill would be what I am saying. It needs rules, not "to protect the world we can do anything we want" which is basically what that says. There are literally zero specifics. That is the definition of a bad contract and a law is a forced contract by the government to it's citizens which are again, necessary but the contract needs to be good and as any business man will tell you, whoever writes the contract will use with fancy verbiage the ability to win. You should concerned and act because of the lack of a lobby that cares about UASs. Who does? DJI, that's who. A company that is based in China. And while China has been making strides to a more democratic, branched out form of government they are 1000s of years behind us in that regard. Some would say it is a more efficient method when there isn't so many checks and balances but they do have like 3 or 4 branches but I am no expert on Chinese government but I do know they have basically zero IP law and I know that they are relying on lawyers who just want to get paid to do whatever minor lobbying they are. It is up to us as the public to TRY and make a difference for the things we want and we don't want this. We want DEFINED EXACT regulation. Tell me where to get a license and I'll sign up. Tell me to put my registration back on my birds and I will, tell me when, where and why EXACTLY I can or can't fly and I will comply but that is not what this bill says. It uses vague words and even at the beginning to throw of the smell of the manure, they put the paraphrased "with respect to liberty and the right of the..." blah blah which is just there for show and has no legal baring on anything.

If you don't care about that legislation, you are one of 3 things. 1) in or not in agreement with it but understand how it can be applied 2) in agreement with it because you don't understand it or 3) don't understand it.

I don't know where YOU, whoever you are fall in to that but it's pretty much the case and I fall into what I believe is number 1 with non-agreement.

So to clarify what I didn't think needed clarification in the OP, I am not against regulation and am in fact, for it for the protection of all things, the hobby, the people, the air, etc., but with limitations. LIMIT anything the government can do by my thoughts.

It actually does. Directly from the article and I was coming here to post this. I am going to post a large part of it that people probably won't read but I am begging if there are any lawyers here, whether you agree or disagree with me, please speak up. My brother and a couple other family member are lawyers and I've already had this discussion with them. My brother is head council at Fortress Hedge Fund (meaning he makes the final green light on sometimes multi-billion $ deals and they are mandated to do what he said. He was also offered a job in the Trump administration which he turned down, thank God. He once worked for the SEC right out of law school so he has government ties) I am not bragging about my brother, as proud of him as I am, I am just saying that my thoughts on this are backed up after speaking with him. Doesn't make it right one way or the other as even if you understand the legal aspect of it, you can still agree or not agree with it. This is obviously subjective stuff we are discussing here.

I wanted to post this part of the 10 page document which is the meat of it. This is the problem. Things need to be defined EXACTLY or the 4th amendment might as well not even exist. The potential abuse of power for agents of any kind to be abused exist without any ambiguity. It doesn't even take a lawyer to know this. Any business man with a good understanding of contractual law knows that a SINGLE word can effectively render a contract useless and unenforceable so the verbiage and content of a contact or law must be so precise that there is no room for ambiguity and this is LOADED WITH it and that's my point. The document refers throughout about what they are and are not allowed to to. "they" being whatever agency is acting on the law (probably law enforcement but maybe a park ranger or even a rent-a-cop) and what is in their legal grounds, and the article refers to subset B and C of I think article 1 but no matter, it's the B and C part that is what is not at all defined and I'll go ahead and give the government my very lightly placed benefit of the doubt for it being the first printed draft (which means it went through probably 100s of drafts first).

Here is a picture of that article because it won't let me cut and paste from the article so I screen captured it but for reference on the rest of this post and maybe for the people that didn't read the article which is more important than the NYT which is full of bias. This is straight forward, go ahead and read and make up your mind. I am speaking to the crowd, not the poster I quoted.

Screen%20Shot%202017-05-27%20at%2010.09.38%20AM_zpsq9tgfotc.jpg

Now go ask your favorite article but as it is stated here, it might as well say "we can do what we want, when we want for whatever reason we want". An officer can't pull you over because your car looks fast. He can't pull you over because you are not breaking any laws and if you were to red the laws as it pertains to what they are and aren't allowed to do which is protected legislation by the way we make laws in this country which is though lobbying, you would be able to read right through this and though it is covered and to the uninitiated, quite clearly that it is for the protection of the public so I can understand why some people here are defending it.

I ask you, I beg you, to actually look at it. It is not specific in any nature. It should be. It gives the right for agency to be able to confiscate, destroy, or otherwise molest your right to fly your UAS responsibly even with the knowledge on how to do it properly (getting air tower permission which by the way does matter to whomever says the tower cant override the FAA). It's true that NOBODY, including the state can override regulations that were set in place by the FAA. it is one of the few areas where this is true. The states can only reach FARTHER in their decisions as it pertains to their airspace (and only for private aircrafts) and cannot go backwards. In other words, if the FAA says "you cannot fly here no matter what", the state cannot enact a law saying otherwise. As many have seen (like the municipally of NYC), they can enact any law saying "you cannot fly here". That they can do. But for all intents and purposes, the air is solely covered by the FAA and this bill as it stands right now anyway, is so ambiguous that any time you have ever had to invoke your rights to fly, and I have several times, and 99.9% of the time successfully because I haven't flow illegally in years, you will not have a leg to stand on. They an tell you to bring it down, shoot it down, confiscate it.

So I say again. I am all for regulation. I study the rules and laws. I've learned how to read sectionals. I know how to speak to the tower. I still double check my radars and various other aerial maps that can give me information in case there is any problem and I NEVER fly over 400 feet because in general, unless you are at the beach where there are a 100 thins flying below where they are allowed, like a advert plane or a para-sailer. Did you know that it is a violation of FAA regulation pretty much every single time a para-sailer gets sent up? It's also a flying body with zero regulation but because there is no threat, they don't care

The threat of a para-sailer colliding with a heli which are always flying below their allowed amount (which is almost always over 400 feet), the dangers are coming from other places which is why we must be vigilant but also understand that we are under siege by this legislation as it pertains to our freedom of flight.

We do and should have access to the air with reasonable expectation of responsibility. I am not even against licensing and registration. BUT the problem is DEFINE the rules.

X amount of feet away from a military base is ALWAYS illegal or section b of that piece of crap bill would be what I am saying. It needs rules, not "to protect the world we can do anything we want" which is basically what that says. There are literally zero specifics. That is the definition of a bad contract and a law is a forced contract by the government to it's citizens which are again, necessary but the contract needs to be good and as any business man will tell you, whoever writes the contract will use with fancy verbiage the ability to win. You should concerned and act because of the lack of a lobby that cares about UASs. Who does? DJI, that's who. A company that is based in China. And while China has been making strides to a more democratic, branched out form of government they are 1000s of years behind us in that regard. Some would say it is a more efficient method when there isn't so many checks and balances but they do have like 3 or 4 branches but I am no expert on Chinese government but I do know they have basically zero IP law and I know that they are relying on lawyers who just want to get paid to do whatever minor lobbying they are. It is up to us as the public to TRY and make a difference for the things we want and we don't want this. We want DEFINED EXACT regulation. Tell me where to get a license and I'll sign up. Tell me to put my registration back on my birds and I will, tell me when, where and why EXACTLY I can or can't fly and I will comply but that is not what this bill says. It uses vague words and even at the beginning to throw of the smell of the manure, they put the paraphrased "with respect to liberty and the right of the..." blah blah which is just there for show and has no legal baring on anything.

If you don't care about that legislation, you are one of 3 things. 1) in or not in agreement with it but understand how it can be applied 2) in agreement with it because you don't understand it or 3) don't understand it.

I don't know where YOU, whoever you are fall in to that but it's pretty much the case and I fall into what I believe is number 1 with non-agreement.

So to clarify what I didn't think needed clarification in the OP, I am not against regulation and am in fact, for it for the protection of all things, the hobby, the people, the air, etc., but with limitations. LIMIT anything the government can do by my thoughts.

I understand that you don't like the proposal, but are you addressing the narrow point that I was arguing, or a broader objection to the provisions to take action?

Just to clarify, the point I was discussing was the issue of government liability. The clause in questions is:

(f) JURISDICTION.—Notwithstanding any other provision of law, no court shall have jurisdiction to hear any cause or claim, including for money damages, against a covered person arising from any authorized action described in subsection (b).
Note that is says "against a covered person" not against the agency. The discussion section following the proposal attempts to explain this section:

Unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) are commercially available, challenging to detect and mitigate, and capable of carrying harmful payloads and performing surveillance while evading traditional ground security measures. However, some of the most promising technical countermeasures for detecting and mitigating UAS may be construed to be illegal under certain laws that were passed when UAS were unforeseen. These laws include statutes governing electronic communications, access to protected computers, and interference with civil aircraft.

Subsection (a) sets forth the savings clause discussed above. Though many provisions in Title 18 may conflict with authorized Counter-UAS activities, certain statutes are especially problematic. For example, sections 2510–2522 of title 18, United States Code (the Wiretap Act), among other things, subject any person who intentionally intercepts the “contents” of electronic communications to fines, imprisonment, and/or civil liability, and sections 3121–3127 of title 18, United States Code (the Pen/Trap Statute), among other things, generally prohibit the installation or use of a device to collect “non-content” information of electronic communications. In addition, section 1030 of title 18, United States Code (the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act) prohibits unauthorized access to and use of “protected computers.” These statutes might be construed to prohibit access to or interception of the telemetry, signaling information, or other communications of UAS. Furthermore, any attempt to interfere with the flight of UAS that pose a threat to covered facilities, locations and installations or covered operations may conflict with section 32 of title 18, United States Code (the Aircraft Sabotage Act), which among other things, imposes fines and criminal penalties on anyone who “damages, destroys, disables, or wrecks any aircraft in the special aircraft jurisdiction of the United States.” In the event of unanticipated conflicts with other statutes, and in order to avoid criminalizing critically important activities by government officials that are consistent with the U.S. Constitution, the savings clause also refers generally to “any provision of title 18, United States Code.” Congress has previously recognized the importance of ensuring that federal criminal laws in Title 18 do not inadvertently blunt the development or use of UAS countermeasures. The National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year (FY) 2017 contains two sections (Sec. 1697—codified at section 130i of title 10, U.S. Code—and Sec. 3112) authorizing the Department of Defense, and the Department of Energy, respectively, to protect certain facilities and assets from threats posed by UAS. Both sections authorize such activities “[n]otwithstanding any provision of title 18.”

Subsection (f) provides that no court shall have jurisdiction to hear causes or claims, including for money damages, against a federal officer, employee, agent or contractor arising from any authorized actions described in subsections (b). This provision serves to protect individuals taking authorized actions described in subsections (b) from damages claims and official-capacity claims.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing