Better tablet/iPad Support on remote

Reaction score
OK. I've searched for but can't seem to find a better solution for mounting my iPad to the remote. I've seen the hundreds of versions of metal bracket/supports out there to replace the plastic base that came with the P3P. I already have one. The problem I have is that I am not 100% happy with the expanding clamp for the iPad. I just feel that the iPad is just barely being held by the 1/2" top and bottom pads. I already purchased one of the 3D printed "extensions" for the iPad and I feel a little better, but would be more comfortable with more support. Basically a more robust hold of the iPad.

What I have been looking for is something along the lines of what I have in my car. I have a gooseneck mounted in my car that I can hold my iPad on. That gives me a custom frame/case like support that firmly holds the iPad in place no matter how aggressively I drive.

Here is what the case/support looks like:

2b6def171d3dcc9f7ef00bf2f24fcf6a_zpszqs0e62q.jpg

Here's another look.

095f85ceea9c19c9ff52477a4db58d02_zps1lcfkjug.jpg

Bottom line....Is there an option for the mounting of the iPad other than the relatively small clamp on the P3P? Something that gets a better hold of the full perimeter of the iPad/Tablet? Am I the only person that has this concern?

I have an iPad mini and it works fine when used alone, but when I stick it in the sun hood, it sure does want to wobble. I wish somebody made an integrated hood and mount for the most popular mobile devices used with the Phantom 3 controller.

Reactions: MALWAIR
Just buy an Inspire tablet holder (DJI original part), install to your control and live happy forever. It's the best out there, never comes loose and is 100% safe, even if you're using an iPad Air + hood.

Just buy an Inspire tablet holder (DJI original part), install to your control and live happy forever. It's the best out there, never comes loose and is 100% safe, even if you're using an iPad Air + hood.

The Inspire tablet holder is the same as the Phantom. The only difference is the base (portion that attaches to remote) is aluminum instead of plastic. Regardless, I already did that.

My problem is that I don't feel the grip the clamp has on the iPad is good. That's why I am looking for something else similar to the photos. If it can keep the iPad secure in my car on mountain roads, the remote is easy....

Get one of these 3D printed tablet extensions
5b09878595a67b1b20ae52db27a3b658.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Get one of these 3D printed tablet extensions

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for the reply... I already have it. I mentioned in the OP that I have one that makes me feel a little better but still not 100%. It solves the issue with the top pad... Not the bottom one though...

I purchased the bracket in this thread, and super happy with it. Takes a few minutes to install and is super sturdy.
Much Better!

Thanks for the info.... but the issue I feel is not the base. I already have the aluminum replacement.

Problem I have is with the clamp itself.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl