Beta Testers requested to fix Compass Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy T said:
ThatRobbGuy said:
ianwood - I ask this with the utmost seriousness, and it is not intended to be inflammatory.. But... Do you work for DJI?
*snip*
I don't think so but I think he definitely want to. But in his and the beta testers defense lets put us in their shoes. They were hungry and they fought with us. They got some food. They have their feet up watching TV now. I think any of us would have done the same. We are all human. If we think we need permission to make a stink I would say the answer is no. The drunken sparrow is dead because most of the sparrows have the fix I believe. On average I do one thing a day or so to let someone at DJI know what I think of their tardiness. Facebook, support department, employees, email. I bug them all. I was thinking of starting a BBB complaint but their LA office hasn't been hit yet and was too lazy to initiate that

I'd have my feet up. Not watching TV but relaxing. But I wouldn't be telling everyone to relax and be patient while defending DJI.

d4ddyo said:
ThatRobbGuy said:
ianwood - I ask this with the utmost seriousness, and it is not intended to be inflammatory.. But... Do you work for DJI? Because it seems to me that you come to their defense a lot, and spend a lot of time trying to convince people to not be irritated with the situation because Golly gee, DJI is valiantly trying their darndest to help - despite the fact that they haven't even checked in with their beta testing group... It *almost* comes across as shill-esque.

I'm telling you... must be different people on one account. Went from...
1. "Do you have this issue? Rally around me".
2. DJI listen to US... we have 100s of issues
3. "Yay... beta test"
4. "Ummm... What now? Guys... they are ignoring us. Project Drunken Sparrow. Post Post! Go Viral!"
5. "Back in Business!"
6. Ummm Ignoring us again. Hmmm... maybe drunken sparrow again?
7. "Cool! Beta 2!"
8. "Beta 2 Works!"
9. hmmm... it's taking too long but give them time... they deserve it. They worked hard. It's us guys... not them. We don't 'need' it anyhow. Stop complaining. It's the process people :p "
10. You think you got problems? Try Nz!

If not he's interviewing.

Has anyone actually considered the possibility that this "problem" is difficult to fix????? Maybe it is not possible in the way you think it should be. I'm not seeing anyone here who is a software engineer, but to put it politely, just a bunch of boys DEMANDING that their toy gets fixed. This is a complex electronic device, which most of you (including me) don't have the first clue of the software/hardware design, programming & interfaces which make it work. We guess, think we know, but we really don"t. The big companies like apple/adobe beta test to death software changes, which can take 12 months, before its set loose on the public. Rather have something that works than create another problem which sees your toy eating dirt!!!!!
PS I don't work for DJI either

I think DJI hacked Pazz's account.

d4ddyo said:
Andy T said:
ThatRobbGuy said:
ianwood - I ask this with the utmost seriousness, and it is not intended to be inflammatory.. But... Do you work for DJI?
*snip*
I don't think so but I think he definitely want to. But in his and the beta testers defense lets put us in their shoes. They were hungry and they fought with us. They got some food. They have their feet up watching TV now. I think any of us would have done the same. We are all human. If we think we need permission to make a stink I would say the answer is no. The drunken sparrow is dead because most of the sparrows have the fix I believe. On average I do one thing a day or so to let someone at DJI know what I think of their tardiness. Facebook, support department, employees, email. I bug them all. I was thinking of starting a BBB complaint but their LA office hasn't been hit yet and was too lazy to initiate that

I'd have my feet up. Not watching TV but relaxing. But I wouldn't be telling everyone to relax and be patient while defending DJI.
I agree 100%

Pazz said:
d4ddyo said:
ThatRobbGuy said:
ianwood - I ask this with the utmost seriousness, and it is not intended to be inflammatory.. But... Do you work for DJI? Because it seems to me that you come to their defense a lot, and spend a lot of time trying to convince people to not be irritated with the situation because Golly gee, DJI is valiantly trying their darndest to help - despite the fact that they haven't even checked in with their beta testing group... It *almost* comes across as shill-esque.

I'm telling you... must be different people on one account. Went from...
1. "Do you have this issue? Rally around me".
2. DJI listen to US... we have 100s of issues
3. "Yay... beta test"
4. "Ummm... What now? Guys... they are ignoring us. Project Drunken Sparrow. Post Post! Go Viral!"
5. "Back in Business!"
6. Ummm Ignoring us again. Hmmm... maybe drunken sparrow again?
7. "Cool! Beta 2!"
8. "Beta 2 Works!"
9. hmmm... it's taking too long but give them time... they deserve it. They worked hard. It's us guys... not them. We don't 'need' it anyhow. Stop complaining. It's the process people :p "
10. You think you got problems? Try Nz!

If not he's interviewing.

Has anyone actually considered the possibility that this "problem" is difficult to fix????? Maybe it is not possible in the way you think it should be. I'm not seeing anyone here who is a software engineer, but to put it politely, just a bunch of boys DEMANDING that their toy gets fixed. This is a complex electronic device, which most of you (including me) don't have the first clue of the software/hardware design, programming & interfaces which make it work. We guess, think we know, but we really don"t. The big companies like apple/abode beta test to death software changes, which can take 12 months, before its set loose on the public. Rather have something that works than create another problem which sees your toy eating dirt!!!!!
PS I don't work for DJI either

Another defender. Great. Whose job is it to insure that these things are safe? Whose job is it to give us customer service? Whose job is it to fix things in a timely manner? Who is getting paid? I don't care if this is a time machine. Business is buisness. If a apple and a security leak in an operating system they would plug it immediately and be on their way to fixes. They pay people to break their system on purpose to head off any problem before it's a problem. Dude. Bad analogy. We aren't guessing we know anything We know there is a problem and we want it fixed. I have news for you. Apple would come to us with the issue. Not the way it was here. Apple would have it plugged long ago and updates constantly. Look at your iPhone. You should apply to dji. Or maybe take Ian out on a date. No need to use exclamation points. You aren't as clever as you think.

There are times when I feel like I work for them, like now. But the pay sucks! I don't even get any free toys! Know this, even if I did work for them, I would never defend them blindly. The reason I defend the timeline is I have 20 years of experience in building software solutions. I know how long it can take. I suspect John has experience with this too.

I have plenty of ridicule for DJI in many areas and I think I've made that known. If anything they release things too quickly and haphazardly with inadequate testing. This should never have been a problem in the first place. We're all beta testers in that respect. They're customer support is totally inconsistent and amateurish. The lack of structure and transparency is very frustrating.

But when it comes to fixing something, even if it is dead simple, there are a lot of behind the scenes activities that can make it a lot more complicated and time consuming than most people think. If they've made the effort to fix something, why would they wait to release it? It makes no sense for them to hold it back without a reason. I have no idea what is holding it up and neither does anyone else here. Everyone is guessing. It could be held up waiting for an app store approval for the Vision app. It could be a legal compliance approval. It could be another issue in the release that isn't done yet.

ianwood said:
There are times when I feel like I work for them, like now. But the pay sucks! I don't even get any free toys! Know this, even if I did work for them, I would never defend them blindly. The reason I defend the timeline is I have 20 years of experience in building software solutions. I know how long it can take. I suspect John has experience with this too.

I have plenty of ridicule for DJI in many areas and I think I've made that known. If anything they release things too quickly and haphazardly with inadequate testing. This should never have been a problem in the first place. We're all beta testers in that respect. They're customer support is totally inconsistent and amateurish. The lack of structure and transparency is very frustrating.

But when it comes to fixing something, even if it is dead simple, there are a lot of behind the scenes activities that can make it a lot more complicated and time consuming than most people think. If they've made the effort to fix something, why would they wait to release it? It makes no sense for them to hold it back without a reason. I have no idea what is holding it up and neither does anyone else here. Everyone is guessing. It could be held up waiting for an app store approval for the Vision app. It could be a legal compliance approval. It could be another issue in the release that isn't done yet.

pretty much says it all

ianwood said:

And I have worked on the business side for software companies. That's why Engineers are usually engineers. If they can't get the job done to satisfy the consumers... hire new engineers. Maybe they don't have enough engineers.

So Engineering is lacking either on personnel or talent . CS is inconsistent and amateurish. No structure. No transparency. Hmm..... where's the problem?

What happens behind close doors behind the scenes is irrelevant. You're product is your product. and right now their product is CRAP. if it's something that's holding them up... well in the end result... whose problem is it? seriously. you keep trying to find issues to say it's ok... but it's NOT ok.

Business IS simple. Customer service is simple. You can't make customer service better ... you get better at giving better customer service. You can't make business better ... you have to get become better business people. ETC... nothing get's better til we get better. And right now DJI SUCKS.

Seriously... Complicated? Nothing is complicated. Truth is most people want things to be complicated... and they know the simple solution. When things are complicated they have a excuse why the things happen the way they do in their miserable life... miserable jobs etc.

It's always someone else's fault not their own and it's simple. And there is one way to fix this... LOOK in the mirror and say this is my own **** fault. YES... in this situation... DJI needs to take personal responsibility of their failure and you need to stop defending them especially if you have nothing to gain.

It's like you are so righteous now all of a sudden end game and it's all ok? All of a sudden it doesn't matter? All of a sudden.... OH, "hey guys...take it easy on them" or "you're wasting your breath". nice.

d4ddyo said:
Seriously... Complicated? Nothing is complicated.

Right. That says everything I need to know right there. Blind ignorance.

Anyway, what are YOU gonna do about it, d4ddyo? You don't have a clue how to make it happen any faster, do you? You can spout a whole bunch of righteous BS but it's not going to make it happen any faster, is it? Nothing you've done has made it happen any faster. Quite the contrary. Be constructive, solve the problem or STFU. I am sick of dealing with your whining.

This bitching is over in this thread. This thread is for beta testing discussion only. Want to ***** about DJI? Go ahead. In another thread. Disrupt the thread at your own risk.

ianwood said:
d4ddyo said:
Seriously... Complicated? Nothing is complicated.

Right. That says everything I need to know right there. Blind ignorance.

Anyway, what are YOU gonna do about it, d4ddyo? You don't have a clue how to make it happen any faster, do you? You can spout a whole bunch of righteous BS but it's not going to make it happen any faster, is it? Nothing you've done has made it happen any faster. Quite the contrary. Be constructive, solve the problem or STFU. I am sick of dealing with your whining.

LOL. Why so much aggression. Man. Seriously. Just stating facts. Sorry if you're feelings are hurt. Blind ignorance. Look in the mirror buddy. Righteousness ... Look in the mirror again.

What is it exactly that you are trying to accomplish to squelch the owners opinions and frustrations at this point in the game when we all are your biggest supporter.

Constructive... why is my opinion and comment non-constructive and yours that is just plain profane at this point not. You know i'm right so you have to just stoop down that low and tell me to shut the f up? ok... why?

Everything I am doing is backing the frustrated ones.... including myself while you are trying to squelch the frustrations and stroke DJI... That's just dandy. You think you know everything?

Yes life is simple. I guess yours is complicated. Maybe time you look in the mirror and calm down.

d4ddyo said:
LOL. Why so much aggression. Man. Seriously. Just stating facts. Sorry if you're feelings are hurt. Blind ignorance. Look in the mirror buddy. Righteousness ... Look in the mirror again.

What is it exactly that you are trying to accomplish to squelch the owners opinions and frustrations at this point in the game when we all are your biggest supporter.

Constructive... why is my opinion and comment non-constructive and yours that is just plain profane at this point not. You know i'm right so you have to just stoop down that low and tell me to shut the f up? ok... why?

Everything I am doing is backing the frustrated ones.... including myself while you are trying to squelch the frustrations and stroke DJI... That's just dandy. You think you know everything?

Yes life is simple. I guess yours is complicated. Maybe time you look in the mirror and calm down.

I am going to remind you once. This thread is for beta testing discussion only. If you want to complain about DJI, do so in another thread.

LiLPhantom said:
This thread is so old, a new compass is $7 flippin replace it you slow pokes....

Oh great, Pazz is breeding...

Kia Ora fellow Kiwi flyers who aren't beta testers - PM me your email address as I need to compare my beta flight test results to a non-patched machine... just trying to work out if it's remembering between flights.

I just want to be crystal clear: all I have ever wanted was for some feedback from DJI. Anything. I understand that fixing software takes time. And that it has to be updated, tested, tweaked and tweaked again. I would just like DJI to be involved with their client base. Talk to us. Let us know if and what you're doing to help us get our very expensive machines fixed.

That's all. :)

LiLPhantom said:
This thread is so old, a new compass is $7 flippin replace it you slow pokes....

What has been your experience re replacing a compass to resolve this issue? just curious

ThatRobbGuy said:
I just want to be crystal clear: all I have ever wanted was for some feedback from DJI. Anything. I understand that fixing software takes time. And that it has to be updated, tested, tweaked and tweaked again. I would just like DJI to be involved with their client base. Talk to us. Let us know if and what you're doing to help us get our very expensive machines fixed.

That's all. :)
Realize you are frustrated, but Asian business practice is different from what you are used too. From my experience it is blunt, no thrills & direct ( also very slow & considered. Rather get it right than rush in & make mistakes). Customer feedback is not part of their business culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor