Beta Testers requested to fix Compass Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
BigBadFun said:
A real shame because all it would take, is for Terry from DJI (who started this thread), to come on and post a short 1 paragraph update and all the aggression in this thread would disappear. People would feel valued and like customers again. It's a tragic case study in customer relations.

I wouldn't call it aggression. It's frustration and defensiveness.

Yes I agree. A simple update from DJI would be nice.

ianwood said:
*snip*
But, you'll note this thread was started by DJI and they have been sifting through the constant criticism trying to find actual feedback from the beta testers so they can evaluate it
*snip*
This is DJI's official beta tester results database? hahahahahaha

Andy T said:
ianwood said:
*snip*
But, you'll note this thread was started by DJI and they have been sifting through the constant criticism trying to find actual feedback from the beta testers so they can evaluate it
*snip*

LOL. Much needed comic relief.

To all of those who have the working firmware in their possession, please just remember that 99% of those effected do not. For us, we feel the same as you all were before receiving anything. I understand that a TON of progress has been made, and everyone is thankful for that, but from our perspective, technically there have been zero results. Now there is this perception, valid or not, that nobody is going to bat for us. Please remember that the project was to fix the problem, not just for you to get a fix to the problem.

Thanks for the clarification on communication lines, Ianwood. Apparently you are the only one with a direct line to anyone at DJI, so please please please ask for an update on when the public release is coming and if it is ok for you to send it to those in this thread.

landonkk said:
To all of those who have the working firmware in their possession, please just remember that 99% of those effected do not. For us, we feel the same as you all were before receiving anything. I understand that a TON of progress has been made, and everyone is thankful for that, but from our perspective, technically there have been zero results. Now there is this perception, valid or not, that nobody is going to bat for us. Please remember that the project was to fix the problem, not just for you to get a fix to the problem.

Thanks for the clarification on communication lines, Ianwood. Apparently you are the only one with a direct line to anyone at DJI, so please please please ask for an update on when the public release is coming and if it is ok for you to send it to those in this thread.

Exactly... well said. And it's 99.9999999999999% . It's not counting the silent majority that has no idea and think J-hooking is actually normal.

OK.....2 more flights today in Naza-M mode. CL and HL are working properly as well with no noticeable drift, hook, or TBE. Corrections from prior day's test flights were remembered after extended power-off, so the fix looks good. I'm raising my estimate of all the corrections to 98% of totally fixed (early LAND issues before trigger voltage is reached notwithstanding - but that is for another thread).

For the record, I have had no direct communication with DJI and, as another tester stated, would have no idea of who to contact in Texas or elsewhere. I hope everyone understands that the beta testers accepted an assumed risk when loading this development software onto their machines and therefore put their investments at risk in an effort help validate the fix. While things appear to have gone very well, it could just as easily have not been as good an outcome for some of us. Please keep this in mind if you think that we are somehow not being supportive or doing whatever we can to hurry the release of this update. As do all of you, I want DJI to release this software to the overall Phantom community immediately, but I have no control or say in what they are planning to do or when they are planning to do it.

droneranger said:
OK.....2 more flights today in Naza-M mode. CL and HL are working properly as well with no noticeable drift, hook, or TBE. Corrections from prior day's test flights were remembered after extended power-off, so the fix looks good. I'm raising my estimate of all the corrections to 98% of totally fixed (early LAND issues before trigger voltage is reached notwithstanding - but that is for another thread).

For the record, I have had no direct communication with DJI and, as another tester stated, would have no idea of who to contact in Texas or elsewhere. I hope everyone understands that the beta testers accepted an assumed risk when loading this development software onto their machines and therefore put their investments at risk in an effort help validate the fix. While things appear to have gone very well, it could just as easily have not been as good an outcome for some of us. Please keep this in mind if you think that we are somehow not being supportive or doing whatever we can to hurry the release of this update. As do all of you, I want DJI to release this software to the overall Phantom community immediately, but I have no control or say in what they are planning to do or when they are planning to do it.

Here's a medal

d4ddyo said:
droneranger said:

Here's a medal
Considering the source, declined.

droneranger said:
d4ddyo said:
droneranger said:

Here's a medal
Considering the source, declined.
i'll even pin it on you. It's sarcasm based on your tone. No one said anything about beta testers being Non-supportive. It's ok... you deserve a medal because you are assuming risk.

d4ddyo:

"Tone" is a difficult thing communicate via a post, I'll agree, but my sentiment is sincere. If you didn't like it, I can't help that. As far as your statement, "No one said anything about beta testers being Non-supportive", I offer this earlier post:

"So is anybody in actual communication with DJI? Do the beta testers respond only here? Only to Ianwood? Or do you email someone at DJI with your results? Are you asking them about a release date? Are you asking them if you can give the beta out? I understand that DJI's communication is lacking, but for those of us waiting for this (for 5 months), YOUR communication with US would be appreciated. Even if it is only to tell us that you have sent your results in and heard nothing...

I hope that since the testers have a working fix they are all excited about the Project isn't over. It would be really pathetic to get everyone riled up, use them to get a response from DJI, and then abandon them when your problem is solved."

droneranger said:
d4ddyo:

"Tone" is a difficult thing communicate via a post, I'll agree, but my sentiment is sincere. If you didn't like it, I can't help that. As far as your statement, "No one said anything about beta testers being Non-supportive", I offer this earlier post:

"So is anybody in actual communication with DJI? Do the beta testers respond only here? Only to Ianwood? Or do you email someone at DJI with your results? Are you asking them about a release date? Are you asking them if you can give the beta out? I understand that DJI's communication is lacking, but for those of us waiting for this (for 5 months), YOUR communication with US would be appreciated. Even if it is only to tell us that you have sent your results in and heard nothing...

I hope that since the testers have a working fix they are all excited about the Project isn't over. It would be really pathetic to get everyone riled up, use them to get a response from DJI, and then abandon them when your problem is solved."

wow. Tone is not difficult to communicate anything written. They teach you that by middle school literature. All I am reading are questions and asking for communication. The last part of that statement is saying... I "hope" ... and finally ... he's stating that it would be a waste if we got all excited with our project and then just dump it. He's asking for more pressure. He's asking for re-unification. He's asking for greater communication because obviously we can't get it from DJI. "even if it's to say you haven't heard".

Thee is nothing in there saying beta testers aren't supportive.

Wow, indeed.

Your reply certainly showcases your skills in comprehension and communication, so I can see that I have much to learn from you. My humble apologies.

I'm done here. Dialog over.

droneranger said:
Wow, indeed.

Your reply certainly showcases your skills in comprehension and communication, so I can see that I have much to learn from you. My humble apologies.

I'm done here. Dialog over.

Apology accepted. Let me know where to send that 5th grade English textbook (don't get your panties in a bunch. It's just a little humor).

Went to fly in some close quarters today, and that TBE nearly cost me my entire rig. NOT impressed.

C'mon frustrated flyers, the Beta testers are not the enemy, they are just flyers like you and me that are trying to help fix the problems with this platform.

They gave their word to DJI and me thinks they should honor that to not release whatever...

At +16 near Portland Oregon I've never had to fight a machine as this one, 450 thru 700 Heli's and Quads thru 800.

I'm the "proud" owner on the one and only "Next Level" 800 Quad prototype that will lift 37lbs. It's a freakin' Beast but it fell behind sadly as others over took it.

IMHO DJI has got the ball, what they do with it will say a lot as far as their integrity as a player in this emerging market.

If not, they too will fall behind..... for lack of Customer support!

d4ddyo said:
I don't want to be the man. I just want results.
You and me both! This isn't done until the firmware is released.

damoncooper said:
If DJI needs any further tests executed or results submitted for 3.0.5b2 please let me know. I'm happy to do extra testing if that might help push 3.0.5 over the line to get it released.
I think we're good on the beta testing or at least that's the impression I got from them last week.

BigBadFun said:
A real shame because all it would take, is for Terry from DJI (who started this thread), to come on and post a short 1 paragraph update and all the aggression in this thread would disappear. People would feel valued and like customers again. It's a tragic case study in customer relations.
Well said. Trust me I've suggested this to them directly more than once.

Andy T said:
Sadly, yes.

landonkk said:
To all of those who have the working firmware in their possession, please just remember that 99% of those effected do not.
I get the frustration. This is not done until the firmware is released.

landonkk said:
Apparently you are the only one with a direct line to anyone at DJI, so please please please ask for an update on when the public release is coming and if it is ok for you to send it to those in this thread.
I sent them another email tonight. Sometimes they respond, but often they don't.

ThatRobbGuy said:
Went to fly in some close quarters today, and that TBE nearly cost me my entire rig. NOT impressed.
I watched most of your videos on Youtube, very entertaining. all very entertaining

Please accept me as a beta tester....

Although my experience is more recent it does directly relate to the TBE and j-hook issues demonstrated in this thread.

I have had my phantom 2 for four months, and fly multiple times per week. I have a good understanding of the issues and am lending my free time to assist in helping with a great product!!

I am hopeful that you contact me in the near future...

I live in Vancouver, BC
+16deg

Have a great day

Dave O

[email protected]

Andy T said:
ThatRobbGuy said:
I watched most of your videos on Youtube, very entertaining. all very entertaining

Thanks! I have two separate accounds... let me know which one you had and I'll link you to the other. :)

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT