Bestem aerial backpack review

Reaction score
So long wait has passed and I got an email from bestem aerial on july 6th that they finally released dji phantom 1,2 and 3 compatible backpack. I had my email on their waiting list when I heard the backpack will be out soon. Ordered it the same day and received it today. It is supposedly all airline carry-on compatible. I wanted a backpack so that I don't look like someone trying to bomb terror when I carry around my drone. I had to remove two foam inserts that were already inserted. Put on two separate foam inserts for phantom 3. It was self explanatory and there were diagrams on both package box and the bag. Sadly, I had to remove my gimbal guard as it made the body to not sit all the way. I have prop guards from bestem and their adapters don't get in the way. There were no room for my tablet but I think I could place it on top of the body. It also has a room for power charge and 6 props four on top pocket to fly and two spare on bottom pocket on the other side of the backpack. You have to remove the props to fit. I wish the foam inserts were little bit softer. Dimensions are roughly 20 14 9. Most airline restriction for carry-on is 22 14 9.
Rating
Design 4/5 neat and minimal design.
Price 3.5/5 $150 is not bad but not too good.
Quality 4/5 can fit everything you need and feels durable enough. Although not fire and water proof =)
Service 5/5 they always pick up the phone and were very kind.
Shipping 5/5 got it in 3 days.

Attachments

• 1436496946877.jpg
    1436496946877.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 423
  • 1436496961083.jpg
    1436496961083.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 347
Reactions: tvckz
So long wait has passed and I got an email from bestem aerial on july 6th that they finally released dji phantom 1,2 and 3 compatible backpack. I had my email on their waiting list when I heard the backpack will be out soon. Ordered it the same day and received it today. It is supposedly all airline carry-on compatible. I wanted a backpack so that I don't look like someone trying to bomb terror when I carry around my drone. I had to remove two foam inserts that were already inserted. Put on two separate foam inserts for phantom 3. It was self explanatory and there were diagrams on both package box and the bag. Sadly, I had to remove my gimbal guard as it made the body to not sit all the way. I have prop guards from bestem and their adapters don't get in the way. There were no room for my tablet but I think I could place it on top of the body. It also has a room for power charge and 6 props four on top pocket to fly and two spare on bottom pocket on the other side of the backpack. You have to remove the props to fit. I wish the foam inserts were little bit softer. Dimensions are roughly 20 14 9. Most airline restriction for carry-on is 22 14 9.
Rating
Design 4/5 neat and minimal design.
Price 3.5/5 $150 is not bad but not too good.
Quality 4/5 can fit everything you need and feels durable enough. Although not fire and water proof =)
Service 5/5 they always pick up the phone and were very kind.
Shipping 5/5 got it in 3 days.

Nice one. The only thing - you get cracks if you assemble/disassemble propellers every time. So... it is better to get a case so your quad fits with propellers on.

Nice one. The only thing - you get cracks if you assemble/disassemble propellers every time. So... it is better to get a case so your quad fits with propellers on.

There really isn't factual basis for that opinion. In fact, I could imagine there would be more torque put on the engine screws on a tightly fighting case with the propellers on then there would be with them off. Especially if the lid is tightly holding the blades, yet there is wiggle room for the body. If you are properly removing, and gently tightening the propellers, I doubt applying/removing them will be creating a cracking scenario that isn't already there.

Can you be more specific? I don't quite get how it could make cracks. Maybe I'm still new to drone world. Also, I believe most of the cases out there need props to be off too.

Any more opinions about the Bestem P3 case. It's looks like a nice case. The price seems good to me compared to others cases. I am looking for a case to travel with in April.

I don't have the backpack, but I do have their Phantom-Knobs for my controller. They've worked great and the company are first-class.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadabyanza24