Best tablet for DJI GO

NO big deal. I did enjoy your response and was not going to say anything but I could not resist. LOL. I wished I know as much as you do about iPads. I do love my apple stuff though and feel I don't need to know everything about all the other stuff out there. Have a good night. :)

I been through an $49 Amazon Fire, got it to actually work but resolution was terrible, colors off also. Then bought a $60 Neutab air7 as someone in Amazon said it worked awesome with the phantom, it was terrible, screen bleed thru and side loading and hit or miss connection drive me nuts, but the flying bvr (I have 100' trees surrounding my open back yard) wasn't fun do too low resolution again. I have a 6+ IPhone and of course the GPS is important but the barometer is actually used when not in follow mode or a mode where we need the GPS chipset. I read the barometer on your device is used to gain accuracy in vertical flight due to the craft compares the reading on the ground and the craft while flying at all times. Screen is too small for a 47y old guy. A small nice addition was seeing how the bigger 8" screen doesn't have to hide the AAI (small radar looking thing) like my IPhone and displays all the boxes with all the info without having to decide what it more important while in flight, I like to see the map and the Aircraft attitude indicator along with the histogram onscreen at all times.
I almost bought the nvidia because of what ppl have said right here, on this post even, but it's made to crunch number for games which is great, but it's not a 2K screen, the resolution on this is phenomenal and a lot nicer then the K1. I did have a hard time not getting that device as I would like to have the HDMI out, which has to be considered to save $90 down the road.
I bought a refurbished unit for $139 it has a tiny dent in the back. It has 2GB RAM and an intel atom quad processor. It was the software suite for video that sold me, it has more controls for screen display then any tablet or phone I've seen. Just to touch on this Asus has a process called "BlueLight" (LCDs tend to bleed this hue due to the nature of the technology) and this software really makes the camera look great while in use. I don't care about the cameras, or really anything but processor speed and display as it's primarily for the Phantom.
I see the Asus kills them all besides the most expensive Samsung devices, even there it gives them a run for their money. My wife and I agree this feels like an Apple product.
I overdue my comparing on everything I buy online, to the point I start getting confused about where I've been and where I read what. Some reviewers stated this device has the best screen on the market, I have to admit it is not just a little, but significantly better then my Ipad and IPhone, and that's no small task as their both retina displays. For $140 I'm pleased. Also Asus uses a proprietary screen manufacturing process where they've done away with the air gap seen in IPS screens, this is one of the reasons it's so lightweight, they (Asus) also claim it's one of the reasons it's so clear and bright.
Now the brightness, I want all my devices to be as bright as they can be unless it's my 65" 9000 series curved TV late at night! Burn your retinas out. With that said its not as bright as my IPhone, and it's close to the IPad, not quite as bright possibly but close, so to be honest I'd like to have it go 10% brighter, but if it sacrificed anything to do it besides battery, I'd prefer to keep it the way it is, it's that nice.
I can't emplore you guys enough who are on the fence and looking for a larger screen then your phone enough to give the Asus ZenPad™ 8s a try, unless it DOA or some other serious problem upon delivery, I would be totally knocked over if someone wasn't completely enamored with this 8" screen. I flew today BVR (not too far away but remember I am surrounded by super tall trees in east Texas and I did upgrade to the DBS Itlite antenna) and the flight was so so much more enjoyable with this device. If I had the money I would probably get the 4gb version, it allows the cool Asus pen to be used and some upgraded software for the display settings, not to mention doubling the Ram.
I can't avoid the feeling that I had ZERO issues connecting this device, just like my IPhone, vs the miserable connection issues I had with BOTH of the other android devices. To be fair I never expected the $49 7" tablet to work at all, when It did it gave me a taste of a larger screen, also a taste of terrible graphics in flight! Lol but I already had it lying around.
I hope this helps people who are looking for a decent device to fly BVR or FPV via tablet.

I had the Asus S8 and liked it. However my issue with it was Asus not updating it to Android 6.0. They released it over the summer and no support already, that turned me off.
Otherwise its cool tablet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sim597
Although I am still new, I would agree with the iPad Mini. Still trying to figure out the best method to work through the sun glare on the screen though. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I had the Asus S8 and liked it. However my issue with it was Asus not updating it to Android 6.0. They released it over the summer and no support already, that turned me off.
Otherwise its cool tablet.

I agree marshmallow would have been nice, and if like one guy reviewed the refurb ones, he got a dirty just "used" and returned 8s that smelled of cigarette smoke, it was going back. Due to money I've spent lately I needed to curb the spending somehow. I'd planned on just using the 6+ (u know plus DJI seem to be fans and use them almost exclusively it seems, unless testing for campatibilty). I'll buy The K1 if I had or have any problems with this, it's only like $23 more then a new 8s (the lightweight one, the "C" not the "CA") and with the HDMI and a pretty nice "4K" ready screen and enough processing power to run the app and hen some it's seems like a no brainer for the Nvidia. Heck they make the baddest video cards known to man, always been an Nvidia fan, back when 3DFX was a brand. And of course it has 6.0 marshmallow.
I felt that the hardware in this case, and the software suite for the display was more important then the OS number (even though we know 6.0 is sweet) in this case. Now if I was a mobile gamer at all, or intended to use this tablet for anything other then the copter I would have gotten the K1. Although I am so impressed with the size and weight with this screen, I may start using it for browsing.

Although I am still new, I would agree with the iPad Mini. Still trying to figure out the best method to work through the sun glare on the screen though. Any ideas would be appreciated.
So, do the minis that are WiFi have GPS? I ended up being surprised that all Andriods have the GPS chipset. It still probably has the barometer either way correct? Which from what I've read a nice addition due to DJI's use of the information it gleans from the IPad while flying. I think only the expensive Samsungs have the barometer too, I didn't see any entry level or mid level devices that had barometer inside beside Apple stuff

So, do the minis that are WiFi have GPS? I ended up being surprised that all Andriods have the GPS chipset. It still probably has the barometer either way correct? Which from what I've read a nice addition due to DJI's use of the information it gleans from the IPad while flying. I think only the expensive Samsungs have the barometer too, I didn't see any entry level or mid level devices that had barometer inside beside Apple stuff

With Ipads in order for it to have GPS it needs to be WIFI+ LTE.

And as far as Asus S8 vs K1 few points.

1) i I think there is a new model of S8 with 2.2 GHZ processor, because there is also 1.3 GHZ (On sale by BB btw for $170)
I purchased mine for 150, but as I mentioned I returned it due to not being updated.

2) Do you really think 2K screen vs K1's Full HD is a noticeable difference on 8" screen?
I am not a pro, but from research IF there is a difference it will not be noticed by many due to screen size and you would have to REALLY inspect every pixel to notice the difference.

Nvidia btw updated BOTH shields to 6.0 unlike Asus who ditched their 6 month old tablet.

( Ireally wish, Asus would update S8.
Thats the reason why boycott anything samsung!
I purchased Samsungs top if the line brand new model $600 tablet and 1 year later guess what? No more updates! )

This is from my research.

With Ipads in order for it to have GPS it needs to be WIFI+ LTE.

And as far as Asus S8 vs K1 few points.

1) i I think there is a new model of S8 with 2.2 GHZ processor, because there is also 1.3 GHZ (On sale by BB btw for $170)
I purchased mine for 150, but as I mentioned I returned it due to not being updated.

2) Do you really think 2K screen vs K1's Full HD is a noticeable difference on 8" screen?
I am not a pro, but from research IF there is a difference it will not be noticed by many due to screen size and you would have to REALLY inspect every pixel to notice the difference.

Nvidia btw updated BOTH shields to 6.0 unlike Asus who ditched their 6 month old tablet.

( Ireally wish, Asus would update S8.
Thats the reason why boycott anything samsung!
I purchased Samsungs top if the line brand new model $600 tablet and 1 year later guess what? No more updates! )

This is from my research.

There is a better newer 8s yes, it also has 4gb on board, which is nice.
The thing about the nvidia wasn't the 2K thing so much as the actual resolution or pixel density is just much higher in the 8s.
I am always the guy who wants the latest software, but I've read that marshmallow, or 6.0 has too many quirks and the compass doesn't work right with 6.0 and ppl have either downgraded or not upgraded because of this.
Of course some ppl may not have same problems, I read it on this site tho.
As I intend to use it mostly and or only for the drone I want the best picture possible, plus I saved $70 as I couldn't find a K1 for $130.
So, in a perfect world if both were same price....hmmm, the HDMI out is truly cool, and might sway me. I'd have to see them side by side I guess. There are reviews on the web that state the 8s has the best screen for Andriods bar none except the double the price Samsungs and such.
I have had two other Andriods and nothing but trouble with video signal and connection issues from the first second I connected them. I'm pretty impressed with this tablet I'll admit. It's a lot nicer then I thought it would be, I even had my wife check it out as we're apple ppl and even she was like "wow, that IS nice". It's light, it's 8" vs 5.1" (iPhone 6+) has a great display software suite, and a knockout gorgeous display.
So is your K1 nicer? Sure, it could be, with HDMI port let's say yes. Is the 8s with a tiny tiny dent in back worth $130? To me? Yes. Does it connect and give me any grief? No, not a hiccup so far. Does the 2K screen look good thru the video feed? Outstanding! Could it be brighter? Yes, but I'll bet your K1 could be brighter also, as some have complained of brightness on both models I've read. Would I buy it again? I'd have to say yes, I'm happy with it, if I owned a K1 I wouldn't need too. If I had the money I would have like the newer 8s but the whole idea was to get a tablet with a bigger display that I could live with, and not spend $200 as I hadn't planned on using anything but my iPhone until I flew it BVR, then it was apparent I needed a bigger screen.
The K1 was and is in my cart, I was going to drop the extra cash if I wasn't 100% happy, so it's more a money thing then the display resolution, it's just a plus that for $70 less you get a higher PPI.
Whew! With all that said I'm glad your happy with the K1 and 6.0 So you've had no compass issues I've read about? If not that proves a point that some ppl will have problems and others won't, the guy who bought this 8s returned it, they weren't happy obviously, maybe because they DENTED it! Lol my wife couldn't even see the dent it's so tiny. I would recommend this tablet to anyone looking though.

I have a Nexus 6 phone and it is the best phone out there I think. I have had many Samsung ones and they can't touch this one or Apple. You always see Apple with broken screens so if I was going to spend so much money on one it wouldn't be Apple. I brought the first Ipod touch that came out and I really never used it much. I thought if I have to ask Dad everytime I want to put something on it unless it was free they can have it. And to charge more for this is crazy. I can see why old ladies like them But not young people. I do have a Samsung tablet and think it is just fine. But if I was to get a new one I think I would look at Nexus first. And they also update there phones first. I have Androild 6.1 on mine now. I love not having all the crap ware on it too. I just looked up the cost of Apple tablets and people must be crazy to pay them prices. I can get a nice 2 in 1 for better prices and they will run everything unlike Apple. But It is just my thought. I just think of myself as a smart buyer.
What a stupid post !?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

What a stupid post !?

Sorry I have to agree with Rich.
I don't have to "ask Dad" either, but I am old enough to buy my own stuff, I'm also old enough to remember when I bought the 1st iPhone on the market, and Nokia was top dog.
I've tried a couple time to get away from Apple, everyrime I do, I go back, why? Because my IPhones just work, always just work, not buggy, not bloated period, never been hacked either.
Maybe, just maybe that's why they have different manufacturers, because ppl tend to have different opinions, I don't see us Apple users calling you stupid, oh, ok maybe some apple users lol

Reactions: Richard Gozinya
There is a better newer 8s yes, it also has 4gb on board, which is nice.
The thing about the nvidia wasn't the 2K thing so much as the actual resolution or pixel density is just much higher in the 8s.
I am always the guy who wants the latest software, but I've read that marshmallow, or 6.0 has too many quirks and the compass doesn't work right with 6.0 and ppl have either downgraded or not upgraded because of this.
Of course some ppl may not have same problems, I read it on this site tho.
As I intend to use it mostly and or only for the drone I want the best picture possible, plus I saved $70 as I couldn't find a K1 for $130.
So, in a perfect world if both were same price....hmmm, the HDMI out is truly cool, and might sway me. I'd have to see them side by side I guess. There are reviews on the web that state the 8s has the best screen for Andriods bar none except the double the price Samsungs and such.
I have had two other Andriods and nothing but trouble with video signal and connection issues from the first second I connected them. I'm pretty impressed with this tablet I'll admit. It's a lot nicer then I thought it would be, I even had my wife check it out as we're apple ppl and even she was like "wow, that IS nice". It's light, it's 8" vs 5.1" (iPhone 6+) has a great display software suite, and a knockout gorgeous display.
So is your K1 nicer? Sure, it could be, with HDMI port let's say yes. Is the 8s with a tiny tiny dent in back worth $130? To me? Yes. Does it connect and give me any grief? No, not a hiccup so far. Does the 2K screen look good thru the video feed? Outstanding! Could it be brighter? Yes, but I'll bet your K1 could be brighter also, as some have complained of brightness on both models I've read. Would I buy it again? I'd have to say yes, I'm happy with it, if I owned a K1 I wouldn't need too. If I had the money I would have like the newer 8s but the whole idea was to get a tablet with a bigger display that I could live with, and not spend $200 as I hadn't planned on using anything but my iPhone until I flew it BVR, then it was apparent I needed a bigger screen.
The K1 was and is in my cart, I was going to drop the extra cash if I wasn't 100% happy, so it's more a money thing then the display resolution, it's just a plus that for $70 less you get a higher PPI.
Whew! With all that said I'm glad your happy with the K1 and 6.0 So you've had no compass issues I've read about? If not that proves a point that some ppl will have problems and others won't, the guy who bought this 8s returned it, they weren't happy obviously, maybe because they DENTED it! Lol my wife couldn't even see the dent it's so tiny. I would recommend this tablet to anyone looking though.
You are going WAY too deep into this lol..

I don't have a K1, im only thinking about it.

I did have the S8 and liked it, just didn't like the fact the fact Asus dropped support for it.

I did have the S8 and liked it, just didn't like the fact the fact Asus dropped support for it.
So once i get K1 i will just compare them and choose whats best for me.

S8 has a nice feel to it.

What a stupid post !?

why>

because when all said and done he is correct, android top of the line stuff is a good value, especial nexus and moto x/g

and I have never had an issue of them not working and working well.
everyone has favorites and preference's.
its called opinion!

Stopping support is supposed to be better for thier bottom line, I feel it hurts it due to the bad taste it leaves. Your an example.
Who me? Ramble? Too much detail!? Cmon, check my other post, you'll see! You'll see that I ramble too much! Lol For sure, apologies all around...
If I was going to ramble here, I'd say an Asus board backed with Intel chipset with dedicated Nvidia graphics on the newest Samsung display with some awesome PPI specs would be great, only thing that would make it better was if it had a barometer too (and wasn't priced like a nicer Sammy or apple product)

Sim, yeah i've seen your other posts lol..

I personally would never buy another samsung tablet.... Ever..

Sim, yeah i've seen your other posts lol..

I personally would never buy another samsung tablet.... Ever..

What are you saying!?

Lol, well, they have some nice screens, they make great phone, TV, and tablet screens tho!
I have only two Samsung devices, well three with the soundbar, that's my 65" curved TV, and a charging dock/music player that listed for like $699 when first came out. It's got those quasi digital tubes for a nice sound with some of those "warm" frequencies us older guys remember from real tuned amps, I just couldn't afford one of the real ones.

Has anyone tried Google Nexus 9 tablet?
And does it fit in the backpack?

Just got the P4 with Nexus 7 2013. Not happy as I'm getting intermittent lagging video with distortion. Switch to my Samsung S6 phone and its perfect. Seems the newer bird and updated app benefits from faster processors. Now I'm stuck between Nvidia Shield K1 or Apple Mini 4 with Cellular. These seem to be the best of the best from what I read. Also the foam P4 carry case and the DJI hood shield seem to be built to fit the Apple mini and not the Shield. So does anyone have a few extra bucks they can lend me for the Apple?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart