Best tablet for DJI GO

A GPS chip that reads GPS satellites and is not dependent on the cell tower data to fix a position.
That is literally the definition of GPS. If it doesn't connect to the Global Positioning System satellite network, it isn't GPS, cell tower or not.

WiFi or cellular-based locations are not GPS.

Reactions: henick
That is literally the definition of GPS. If it doesn't connect to the Global Positioning System satellite network, it isn't GPS, cell tower or not.

WiFi or cellular-based locations are not GPS.

This is correct.

But the way operating systems or applications label it can be at times confusing. How they label it as "location" or "High accuracy GPS" (using cellular & wifi with GPS) all adds to the confusing.

In technical terms though you are correct. Doesn't mean you're right.

...wait........

Is an SUV a truck?

This is correct.

But the way operating systems or applications label it can be at times confusing. How they label it as "location" or "High accuracy GPS" (using cellular & wifi with GPS) all adds to the confusing.

In technical terms though you are correct. Doesn't mean you're right.

...wait........

Is an SUV a truck?

Lol, true. Some manufacturers just aren't honest enough to admit that their products don't contain a GPS chip.

Lol, true. Some manufacturers just aren't honest enough to admit that their products don't contain a GPS chip.

Exactly. That's what pissed me off about apple. No straight answer. But after research I learned the wifi only ipad did not have a GPS chip and that's what I wanted as a feature.. so bought an android lol

There's no gettin my hands on the NVIDIA today or this week. I can snag some flavor of Galaxy Tab etc, but either they have less memory or they are way more $$.
I may have missed where you checked but Best Buy on eBay is selling them for $199.99 and says you can pick up in store. Don't know if they are saying they will ship to store or stores should have them in stock.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NVIDIA-SHIE...428771?hash=item4afe8ffb63:g:u6MAAOSwYmZXK9Kl

Hi

Huge Apple fanboy here. And proud P3P owner.

Currently I'm using my iPhone 6S for lightbridge tru DJI GO.
Though it works perfectly, I was thinking of getting a dedicated Phantom-tablet.
So much is going on, on my phone, that I wont risking the app crashing og things like that.

I see many topics like this on here, but i also see, that mostly Android-devices are recomended.
I would trust an iPad more than any android device, and see some other users in here complainting about the android OS and its (in)stability.

I guess GPS is a major feature and would like that in my tablet.
What would you recommend of the Apple-tablet - or why do you think i should pick a Android instead?

Regards
Emil
I use iPad mini 2, it's only used for my Phantom P3P and I absolutely love it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

BTW if anyone is using a large tablet like 9.7" iPad, don't forget to a get better tablet stand.
It no longer feels like the big tablet is going to fall off and snap the original plastic one.
I got it from eBay for AU$25.

Attachments

• IMG_1698.JPG
    IMG_1698.JPG
    188.6 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_1699.JPG
    IMG_1699.JPG
    300.9 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_1700.JPG
    IMG_1700.JPG
    443.2 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_1701.JPG
    IMG_1701.JPG
    201.7 KB · Views: 373
The NVIDIA is only available today @ B&H for the $199.99.

I called NVIDIA and they state that one should be able to turn off their proprietary crap\apps\games and uninstall or disable it.

Just bit the bullet and ordered one from B&H about 5 minutes ago for $199. Since this price seems to be vanishing quickly, those of you on the fence better get off the fence and run to your computer... NOW!!! ;)

Nvidia is the way to go.

Yea, I got that impression... lol... I figured I jump on the $199 since it seems to be disappearing. Now to hop on over to some of the Litchi posts to see about tips/tricks...

I just posted earlier that it was in stock at B&H :)

It's not in stock at Amazon right now and will be in stock on the actual in NVIDIA website on Friday. Can you guys please verify these before you post :)

Didn't mean to offend, if I did... just wanted to say that it was still in stock. That's all... sorry...

I bought a Samsung Tab A about 2 weeks ago because I thought it would be acceptable for use with my p3a. I quickly understood why people make such a big deal about lag, and returned it to BB. I ordered a Nvidia K1 from their website and got it last week. The difference is night and day! Easily the best tablet I've ever had in that price range. In my opinion it competes with much more expensive tablets and is a real powerhouse! Don't hesitate to snag one for sure.

Is there a quality difference in the video stream?

I bought a Samsung Tab A about 2 weeks ago because I thought it would be acceptable for use with my p3a. I quickly understood why people make such a big deal about lag, and returned it to BB. I ordered a Nvidia K1 from their website and got it last week. The difference is night and day! Easily the best tablet I've ever had in that price range. In my opinion it competes with much more expensive tablets and is a real powerhouse! Don't hesitate to snag one for sure.
In

@ Propogandy - What's been your experience with updates or having to turn off apps, adware etc? Any advice you think all K1 owners need to know up front? Other than the glare fro the screen? Adjustments to the touch sensitivity etc? What about cables, accessories?

Yes, would be good info for us new to the P3... and to Android.

@ Propogandy - What's been your experience with updates or having to turn off apps, adware etc? Any advice you think all K1 owners need to know up front? Other than the glare fro the screen? Adjustments to the touch sensitivity etc? What about cables, accessories?

I haven't had a ton of flight time with it yet due to work This means that I've primarily been doing night flights. I can't give a proper review of screen glare as a result, but should get a chance to test it out this weekend. As for updates, seamless so far. Very little adware and you can kill those programs pre-flight anyway. It's very responsive and the build quality feels great. I honestly can't believe this thing is only $200.

I have been an Apple guy since I was a kid and this is the first Android device I've really used. I'm def not an expert on things droid. That said, cables are easy to come by and the learning curve isn't bad at all.

If I HAD to come up with a con, the battery life is meh I guess. That's true of most mobile devices though in my opinion. Even so, there's plenty enough juice to fly 3 full batteries which means there's plenty enough power for me :)

I've been away from the forum for awhile, but back now. I made a video not long ago about the tablet buying dilemma... really there is no dilemma. Here's the vid:

Reactions: Propagandy

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4