Best tablet for DJI GO

So much of discussion has taken place on different tablets for DJI go app, could we figure out the best one? :)

Reactions: TrevorTron
So much of discussion has taken place on different tablets for DJI go app, could we figure out the best one? :)

Great idea in theory, but unfortunately not everyone agrees on what is "best"- and that's before even getting into the Android Vs. Apple argument.
For example: I recently bought an iPad mini 2 based on what I'd read on this and another thread, only to discover that, whilst its processor copes well, the display is a bit dim for use outdoors. Therefore I am not happy with it. Whereas other say it's the dog's danglies.
Price/affordability comes into it too. Best quality and best value are seldom the same thing.
So the lengthy discussions are actually quite beneficial towards helping individuals decide for themselves which is "best".

I have a newbie question, just go my Advanced days ago and trying it hook up with Ipad 3 but it wont connect? Anyone here ever try using Ipad 3? TIA..

iPad Air just wifi. And only for the pro. Otherwise I would be one of the sheeple that buy Apple cos it Apple.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have a newbie question, just go my Advanced days ago and trying it hook up with Ipad 3 but it wont connect? Anyone here ever try using Ipad 3? TIA..
iPad 3 will not work. You must use iPad mini 2, 3, or 4 or iPad Air 1 or 2 if you want to use iOS.

iPad 3 has the A5x processor, which isn't powerful enough to run the app. The mini 2 has the A7' which is.

Really? You didn't have horrible lag? I tried my wife's Acer Iconia Tab yesterday (great tablet overall, BTW), and it was pretty much unflyable at ~1000' range and only 130' elev.
I can't wait for my Shield K1 to arrive...
I think you'll be happy. I am (except for the compass issue with marshmallow).

I would recommend getting an anti glare screen protector. I was skeptical it would do much about the sun, but it really made a big difference.

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to getting the Shield. I've heard basically nothing but good about it, other than the Marshmallow SNAFU, of course.
I'll look into an anti-glare screen protector, but I'm leaning towards a Hoodi as well., Hopefully if the Hoodi is good enough I won't need the protector. Those things always seem to cut the clarity of the screen so much it's distracting.

I have an Apple 3 and I was able to use it but it is really too big. I ended up using my iPhone 5S (too small) now I have a android Insignia Elite

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have an Apple 3 and I was able to use it but it is really too big. I ended up using my iPhone 5S (too small) now I have a android Insignia Elite

How did you do it.. when i tried it ,, it wont work, it cannot detect the copter.

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to getting the Shield. I've heard basically nothing but good about it, other than the Marshmallow SNAFU, of course.
I'll look into an anti-glare screen protector, but I'm leaning towards a Hoodi as well., Hopefully if the Hoodi is good enough I won't need the protector. Those things always seem to cut the clarity of the screen so much it's distracting.

I actually made my own hood from a large piece of black felt I had used previously as a hood for my SLR. Whilst it did help, it did not prevent reflections (mostly of my own face!) so don't discount the idea of an anti-glare protector.
This was for an iPad mini 2. Still cannot decide between a mini 4, a Shield or Tab 2S. Or an Air2!

Last edited:
Ah, I see (pun intended) your point TrevorTron, thanks!
I'll probably still need a anti-glare film them, since I definitely don't wanna see my ugly mug staring back at me while I fly. Sure to cause a crash... lol

Anyone know of a good sun shade for the Nvidia Shield? One that fits nicely?

A local Buddy on here made a sun shield from a used Mikes Hard Lemonade box... Works great, folds up, was cheap. Oh it also came with a cold six pack... Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Excavator99
A search here on the forum returns lots of discussions. In fact, if you read a little bit earlier in this very thread, there's some shade info pertaining to the Shield.
Other than what RHP mentioned about making your own (which is good advice and always the cheapest option), the Hoodivision PadHat seems to be well-regarded. I plan to get one myself.

I had a Padhat. It works... however it connects magnetically like a Smart Cover. On more then one occasion an average gust of wind blew it off.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl