Best ipad?

I have been using the iPad Mini 3 for over 2 years with my P3P and have been very satisfied with it. Never overheats even on hot days.

I would assume any iPad released after the Mini 3 would work well --- since they have better processors, GPU's and more memory

Find a 5th gen iPad. Its CPU is far superior to anything you'll find in an iPad Mini series.

What is the best ipad for the phantom 3 advanced?
All of the iPads from this list will work. For best results, buy the device with the fastest CPU you can afford. You can save some money by buying a refurbished/used device.

Reactions: ravedog
What msinger said about power. DJI keeps moving the goal posts in terms of processor demands. Allow yourself room to grow with the platform. A great used iPad can be more cost effective than the cheapest brand new model. The new iPad 6 is something that will work today and tomorrow. Remember the mini line up has not been updated for years and is quite old in terms of processor speed. They may work but you’re on the lower end of usability. Ironically the new iPad 6 is cheaper than a old mini 4.

Also, try to get the biggest storage you can afford when you get your mini. You can also get a lightening-SD card adapter from Amazon, for dumping the footage from your drone’s SD card to a laptop, so you won’t have to buy multiple SD cards if you’re shooting in 4k and plan on shooting a lot of footage. I bought the adapter, and every time I bring my drone in to switch out the battery to a freshly charged one, I also dump my footage and clear out the SD card. I bought a car charger so I can have two batteries charging while the third is in flight. Between that and being able to dump my Jorge onto my laptop, I have virtually unlimited flight time, depending on the weather.

I was wondering how old of an iPad mini you can use. I know faster and more GB is always king. But as far as the iPad mini 2, does it lag at all?
I have the ability to use my iPad Air 2 but doesn’t have GPS. So I was looking into something inexpensive to use and a little bigger than my iPhone 6S.

All of the iPads from this list will work. For best results, buy the device with the fastest CPU you can afford. You can save some money by buying a refurbished/used device.
Do you know if it matters if you get the 32GB model or is it necessary to get the 128GB model

Do you know if it matters if you get the 32GB model or is it necessary to get the 128GB model
Both of my iPad Minis are 16GB models and I haven't run out of space on them yet. I mostly only run DJI GO on them though. If you're going to run other apps that require lots of storage space, then it would make sense to use an iPad that has more available storage space.

Both of my iPad Minis are 16GB models and I haven't run out of space on them yet. I mostly only run DJI GO on them though. If you're going to run other apps that require lots of storage space, then it would make sense to use an iPad that has more available storage space.
Thanks so much. My plan is to use this ipad exclusively for the drone.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT