Best ipad

have you flown with the mini 4 or any of the minis I have the mini 4 no cell and just ordered the air 2 just wondering is it a huge difference and is the larger screen a issue
I have no issues with the air 2. I don't use mini 4 but my friends do with no issues. I use a mini 2 and it works fine in temps under 90F. Above that temp it will overheat and the video link will get garbled.

My wife just got a iPad 2 from at&t for $99 plus a $10 a month contract for two years I think. WAY better than paying full price. It's yours no question asked. Just have todo the contact

I think meanwhile the Mini4 is too old as well. Sinse the last Go4 update video on screen is just not so smooth anymore. Also glichtes here and there. No matter what transfer rate I'm setting if I choose 'Custom' under HD settings.

I think meanwhile the Mini4 is too old as well. Sinse the last Go4 update video on screen is just not so smooth anymore. Also glichtes here and there. No matter what transfer rate I'm setting if I choose 'Custom' under HD settings.
I think I have confirmed with my mini4 anyways that the glitch and green screen issue is 100 percent heat related on a cool morning or late afternoon I have no problems but the middle of the day with th sun beating down I get the glitches and the green garbage on the screen

I think I have confirmed with my mini4 anyways that the glitch and green screen issue is 100 percent heat related on a cool morning or late afternoon I have no problems but the middle of the day with th sun beating down I get the glitches and the green garbage on the screen
Are you flying with no case cover on the iPad? What temperatures are you flying in when you are having problems? Have you tried flying that P4P on 5.8Ghz AUTO?

Last edited:
no case and the temps have been in the 80s but it seems to be more of a issue in direct sunlight I do not have a sunshade for it yet but it should be here today I am hoping that will help

80F should work fine in the shade or open, it's just harder to see the screen in the open. Are you flying 5.8Ghz AUTO? Antennas are up and parallel to the craft legs, right? Always have a LOS connection, no trees, mountains or building can be between you and the craft, must be LOS, especially with 5.8Ghz which seems to work the best with P4P, over 4mi range. Don't fly directly overhead at 400', that can be a dead zone. A windsurfer for your antennas will help with longer range flights.

Here's how a radio emits signal, showing how directly overhead is a dead zone.

AntennaPick5.jpg

is there a way to stop the controller from trying to charge the tablet because with the spark being connected by wifi i have no problems

is there a way to stop the controller from trying to charge the tablet because with the spark being connected by wifi i have no problems
It's not really charging it. The tablet only senses that it's connected to a power source, but that source offers very little charge current. You won't see the charge level increase, so there's very little draw from the RC battery. That's unrelated to the problems you seem to be having. Try 5.8Ghz AUTO and report back.

ok I flew two batteries just now with the ipad mini 4 now with a sun shade and first battery went well flew maybe 7000 feet then flew the second battery to a mountain about 5000 feet away and flew down the ridge of the mountain top with not much issue then around 7000 feet away the screen glitched and went all green for a sec and came back I switched to 5.8 screen was still skittle choppy but not to bad. I will also add I live in east tn so lots of mountains plus this location I fly is within 9000 feet of a power plant and within maybe 8 miles from some nuclear type stuff so there may be a bit of other factors in my area that I don't see

ok I flew two batteries just now with the ipad mini 4 now with a sun shade and first battery went well flew maybe 7000 feet then flew the second battery to a mountain about 5000 feet away and flew down the ridge of the mountain top with not much issue then around 7000 feet away the screen glitched and went all green for a sec and came back I switched to 5.8 screen was still skittle choppy but not to bad. I will also add I live in east tn so lots of mountains plus this location I fly is within 9000 feet of a power plant and within maybe 8 miles from some nuclear type stuff so there may be a bit of other factors in my area that I don't see
I'm guessing you're lacking a LOS connection when you lose your video connection out more than 2500'. If you have any tree leaves between you and the drone it's going to drop out at a distance over 3000'. Tree leaves contain lots of water, acts like a block wall, or mountain, blocking signal. You need to be way up high on a mountain to fly if you're flying in mountains. I will often turn the craft around to look at me and my car to insure I'm not slipping behind a hill or anything else. It's easier to see my car sometimes from the craft camera versus seeing the craft beyond 2500' from launch point.

Does the iPad 2017 play back 4K60fps smoothly?

I don't shoot much 4k60fps, 90% I'm shooting 4k24fps for the smoother motion. I have shot a little bit in 60fps though, and have not had any issues. Probably at most 3-4 hrs of footage, so not a huge sample size.

I use a Mini 2 and it has worked perfectly on a Phantom Professional 3. No lag or nothing, very happy. Used android tablets before the Mini 2 and had nothing but problems. The Mini 2 I use is cellular, but not had any overheating issues - but I live in England [emoji3]

Reactions: John Locke
I use a Mini 2 and it has worked perfectly on a Phantom Professional 3. No lag or nothing, very happy. Used android tablets before the Mini 2 and had nothing but problems. The Mini 2 I use is cellular, but not had any overheating issues - but I live in England [emoji3]
Yep, I have the same Mini2 64GB cellular. Works great with my P3P and Mavic, always been reliable except in temps over 90F. It will reliably overheat in that temp, so I'll fly from the car with the air conditioner running. I can still get over a mile from inside, as long as I have LOS connection through the windshield. However I'm getting ready to retire those craft and iPad soon. They don't get flown very often anymore.

The new iPad Pro has the A10 processor, where as the older version and the mini 4 has the A8 which is much slower. The new A10 cleaned up my video problems and the video speeds. I use the 10.7 iPad and love it. I was using the mini4 and it was nothing but problems.
Does the 10.7 fit? and if not what adapter are you using

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West