Best iOS Software Options?

Reaction score
I am not an Apple person. I have always preferred Android or Windows (sometimes to my dismay).

I have an Android phone and managed to get it connected to my controller and drone after much grief so I've ordered an iPad Mini 2 with 32gb of storage. I plan to use it exclusively with my P3A.

So, I'm wondering, what apps for iOS should I be looking for? DJ Go for certain but there must be others out there to tinker with. o_O

As ftttu says. With the ipad mini 2 if it is non cellular, it does not have a GPS chip and some functions of autopilot will not work.
I found trying to use the screen recorder function on Litchi also overloaded the mini2.

Stick with djigo4 and litchi, wouldnt bother with autopilot until you have used everything in litchi, it will do nearly all you want from the drone

As ftttu says. With the ipad mini 2 if it is non cellular, it does not have a GPS chip and some functions of autopilot will not work.
I found trying to use the screen recorder function on Litchi also overloaded the mini2.

I paid a little extra and got one with cell capability. Don't use that particular provider but it should give me GPS capability even without the SIM card.

iPad Mini 2 arrived and it's all set up and working. I downloaded DJ Go, GS Pro and Litchi. First flight this afternoon using DJ Go. Got several nice videos of my first flights, including one where the prop guards paid for themselves. Thanks for the suggestions everybody!

I make the app Flight Plan for DJI. It's good at flight planning and POI flight setup and photography. It will also have a bunch of grid flying options coming out in the next few weeks.

I make the app Flight Plan for DJI. It's good at flight planning and POI flight setup and photography. It will also have a bunch of grid flying options coming out in the next few weeks.

"Calibrate your drone before each flight" I can't bring myself to buy an app from a developer that gives advice that DJI has on numerous occasions said is wrong, sorry.

"Calibrate your drone before each flight" I can't bring myself to buy an app from a developer that gives advice that DJI has on numerous occasions said is wrong, sorry.

no worries. Just updated the instructions, that was probably around from the P2 days. I think we are approaching about 30k users now and the apps are running well. Also got bunch of new features coming out next week, stay tuned.

Reactions: Seachief

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan