Best Battery Voltage Protection setting?

Reaction score
Does anyone have a better battery voltage protection setting than the default?
Even when flying gently, the battery warning light seems to flash red within seconds after takeoff, and I know for a fact that the battery is good quality and fully charged. The batteries I am using are High Sierra 3S 2200mAH 35C/45c Burst. Can anyone recommend a better voltage setting to use in the NAZA Assistant software?

Attachments

• voltage.png
    voltage.png
    36 KB · Views: 2,617
allenj said:
Even when flying gently, the battery warning light seems to flash red within seconds after takeoff, and I know for a fact that the battery is good quality and fully charged. The batteries I am using are High Sierra 3S 2200mAH 35C/45c Burst. Can anyone recommend a better voltage setting to use in the NAZA Assistant software?

Not sure what your setup is. Props.. Gains. etc.. All can make you pull a heavy load and flash red lights. I know if I put my gains in the 200's and have a larger than 9" prop on a REALLY windy day then I do a hard lift it will blink red until I stop the lift. I seem to recall reading that might be from putting a large load on the ESC's in short bursts. Anywho without knowing more about your rig Its hard to diagnose..

Hi and thanks for the reply. I'm using the stock propellers and not carrying underneath, everything is set at default in the software.
Any ideas?

you can lower those settings,, just dont drop below 3.6 to 3.7 volts per cell in lipo ,, just divide the battery voltage by 3 to get your cell voltage.

ok, thanks. I think I will <try> 11.4 as my first level warning setting. This will give me 3.80v per cell.

Mercilus - I think you may be right, the image above is from the new 2.10 assistant software. If I'm not mistaken 11.4 may be the 1st level default setting for the previous version. Can anyone verify this?

allenj said:

YOUR DEFAUT SETTINGs are wrong....

loaded first level should be 10.7 loaded second level 10.6

the not loaded number first level should be 11.5 and the second level i dont remeber without connecting my phantom to naza maybe someone else can help with that number....

after changing those settings you should be all set..

Curious, did you alter them initially?

i've not altered my voltage settings, but i swear things seem to be behaving a little bit different.
I seem to get to 2nd level a bit faster than before since doing the update. (have they changed the default settings?)

The difference of the first and second level should be 0.1 volt.
For best health of the battery use the gadget below:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... ecker.html

Right after the landing, check the battery and it should have more than 20% left.
If less, you MUST increase BOTH 1st & 2nd levels.
If more, then you can decrease them so that you will get more flight time.

It is highly recommended that you should not use more than 80% of the pack capacity otherwise the pack will have a short life.

Note that if you later measure the used pack again, it will read HIGHER than when you first measured it right after the landing.
This will be the best way to go about since we all use different props, different gears and thus AUW are all different, not to mention the flying style of each.

It does seem that they changed the default settings because I reset everything to default after updating the Naza assistant software. So from what I am reading above, I should set....
1st level no load to 11.5
1st level loaded to 10.7

2nd level loaded to 10.6
2nd level loaded to ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen