Best 4K Video Settings for the DJI Phantom 4 Pro

If you are wishing to take advantage of the 4K resolution then choose the 3 by 2 frame size. (The chip is effectively 5472 pixels wide by 3648 high, thus you will get all of the available image. Just keep in mind that most video seen today is in a 16 by 9 (or 4 by 2.25) frame size, so if you are editing in 1080p or 720p you will be croping your original 4k footage. But this is a good thing, you'll have lots of room to zoom, and pan & scan your images. I leave everything else in Auto, the DJI software does a good job of operating the White Balance, ISO and Aperture, you will only have to touch the screen occasionally while shooting to change the exposure. HTHs

Reactions: ENeyNey1199
On my P4Pro I like to use 4k/60fps this seems the smoothest (less frame stutter) option, the WB at 5200 or 5500K, & manual exposure , do try to get low shutter (120sec on 60fps) speed but not always need depends on the subject and how much its moving etc... you may need a ND filter to achieve but the P4Pro has a great variable f2.8-f11 so this helps without using ND's on a grey day in the UK. BIG BUT is 4k take post power to edit at a usable speed - most will be fine at 1080/60fps you won't really tell the difference and far easier to edit.

Reactions: ENeyNey1199

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor