Bee attacks!

What state are you in? Cause they way they were swarming and you saying they looked like regular honey bees but bigger again makes me wonder if they were the killer bees that are hybridizing with regular bees and have been spreading accost the county heading north for the last 30 years. The slightest sound sets them off in a swarm attack and unlike regular bees they will go farther away from the hive when they are on the attack and they also when attacking try to get inside any opening in an animal to try and sting them internally like the nose or in the mouth so they can sting in the throat and air ways. Thats how they are able to even kill large bears and other animals that normal bees usually dont kill.
What kind of murder bees are these?

Reactions: armand.vermeulen
I'm a beekeeper.
Bees in the southern US are increasingly being usurped by Africanized bees. And they're heading further north every year.
Very scary because they don't attack for defense. They're lunatics that attack just to be jerks.

Edit: I just watched your video. At that altitude you might have interrupted a mating session, where drones and queens from different hives meet to, well, you know.

What state are you in? Cause they way they were swarming and you saying they looked like regular honey bees but bigger again makes me wonder if they were the killer bees that are hybridizing with regular bees and have been spreading accost the county heading north for the last 30 years. The slightest sound sets them off in a swarm attack and unlike regular bees they will go farther away from the hive when they are on the attack and they also when attacking try to get inside any opening in an animal to try and sting them internally like the nose or in the mouth so they can sting in the throat and air ways. Thats how they are able to even kill large bears and other animals that normal bees usually dont kill.
Well, now that we’ve covered all the hype about Africanized bees.... I’ve dealt with them on several occasions, and yes, they’re bad.. however, they’re not going to generally attack at the slightest sound: they will certainly attack if you run a dozer over their nest, but the “slightest sound” bit has to be at just the right time in their swarm and nesting cycle..

Meanwhile, they’re almost indistinguishable from regular honeybees, except to somebody that really knows what they are looking at under a magnifier, and as I recall they aren’t “hybridizing; they’ll just seize a hive and kill the occupants.

I’ve been attacked a couple of times, fortunately I got back in the truck after just a few stings and leaving the main swarm to beat themselves up on the windshield. Pretty entertaining, if a bit spooky. We’ve had them most of my life now, it’s not something that constitutes an existential threat to mankind. They’ve sold a lot more tractors and bulldozers with cabs as a result, and there’s been other measures developed. They’re really not that big of a deal.

The primary reason bees will attack your bird, or you for that matter, is that if one bee is killed/threatened, they release a specific scent chemical that will trigger the rest of the swarm to attack whatever the scent is placed on.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94