Battery

Supposedly, 12 months for the remote control. They do mention batteries as being 3 to 6 months, but only for the drones. Wouldn't put it past them to claim the battery in the remote is 6 months either.

After-Sales Service Policies - DJI

Good luck!

Just got back from a drone less holiday. Left the 3 batteries cycling in the P4CH Charging Hub on Storage mode for 4 weeks.
The one Phantom 4 battery is still working fine. The 2 Phantom 4 Pro batteries are totally unresponsive. Tried to charge them individually (without the hub) overnight with no success. Tried to put them in the drone with no success. Nor sure what to do now. Any suggestions?

At 180USD a pop and having completed 50 flights with one and 20 flights with the other, that would make a charge cost of more than 5USD per flight (without counting the cost of electricity)...

Reactions: GMack
Just got back from a drone less holiday. Left the 3 batteries cycling in the P4CH Charging Hub on Storage mode for 4 weeks.
The one Phantom 4 battery is still working fine. The 2 Phantom 4 Pro batteries are totally unresponsive. Tried to charge them individually (without the hub) overnight with no success. Tried to put them in the drone with no success. Nor sure what to do now. Any suggestions?

At 180USD a pop and having completed 50 flights with one and 20 flights with the other, that would make a charge cost of more than 5USD per flight (without counting the cost of electricity)...

I haven't been flying the P4 as much since getting an I2 and trying to learn its quirks (And it has some too!). Having read your post, I noticed one P4 battery of mine in a Li-po bag was under the self-discharge with only one LED's lit so I decided to charge it back full along with the other that was still showing full although I occasionally press the button on it as its on the bird so it didn't self-discharge.

I'm not a fan of the DJI self-discharge thing. My other RC planes Li-Po's don't have it and they are years old and still work. Even the local hobby shop that sells the RC planes hooks up the ones the customer buys from him and installs it in the RTF ones when he programs the computerized RC transmitter to the customers aircraft's receiver and they work fine having sat on the shelf for maybe a year or two. I know this as I bought a new RC aircraft yesterday along with a new Spektrum six channel transmitter to replace my old 27mhz Airtronics and he programmed it with an off-the-shelf Li-Po battery (that sells for $28 too!).

These DJI ones just die off too soon where the charger refuses to refill it. I'm not crazy about the expensive DJI Intelligent Batteries and prefer to leave it to a Smart Charger instead.

Recent Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94