Battery update.

Reaction score
Sorry for the dumb question but I just did the firmware update on my P4P and all went well. Now when I put my spare battery in will it just automatically update?

The FAQ says:

2. What if battery firmware is not consistent with the upgraded aircraft?
Use DJI GO 4 to upgrade the battery firmware to the appropriate version.

I have upgraded the firmware twice now and it has never told me to do this. I assume the GO 4 app will tell me if it needs to update the battery firmware the same way it tells you you need to update the RC firmware (tap on the System Status field next to the DJI logo in the upper left of the GO 4 camera screen). It's been a while, but I recall doing this once on my P3. Firmware updates on DJI products are never automatic - you always have to initiate them.

Reactions: Carltonart
The FAQ says:

2. What if battery firmware is not consistent with the upgraded aircraft?
Use DJI GO 4 to upgrade the battery firmware to the appropriate version.

I have upgraded the firmware twice now and it has never told me to do this. I assume the GO 4 app will tell me if it needs to update the battery firmware the same way it tells you you need to update the RC firmware (tap on the System Status field next to the DJI logo in the upper left of the GO 4 camera screen). It's been a while, but I recall doing this once on my P3. Firmware updates on DJI products are never automatic - you always have to initiate them.
Thank you

I did the upgrade on computer dji assistant 2. Upgraded one battery then switched batteries and did the other no issues at all.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

when I put my spare battery in will it just automatically update?
No. You'll need to manually install the update from DJI GO. Start at step #21 in my firmware installation instructions here.

No. You'll need to manually install the update from DJI GO. Start at step #21 in my firmware installation instructions here.
really? Just to update a second battery? I only ask because when I put the second battery in there were no alerts, I am guessing that means there was not a battery update in this firmware? Thanks

really? Just to update a second battery?
You got it. You're going to have to take a nap in between if you have a second spare battery ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing