Battery Signal Error

Reaction score
I'm continuing to get a battery signal error while running the latest P4 software (1.02.0602) on 2 of my 3 brand new batteries that were included in a kit.

I can however make all three batteries work running the previous firmware of 1.02.0503. Anyone had this issue? Any good resolutions?

Did you upgrade the firmware on those batteries after installing 1.02.0602 on your Phantom?

I thought it was one in the same. If the battery is in the drone while I'm updating the firmware (USB plugged into computer via DJI assistant) that it would be updating the battery as well. Didn't see an option to just update battery firmware.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Normally, you leave the SD card with the bin file on it in the bird and restart it with each of the other batteries. The batteries will automatically update.

My method has been to swap a battery into the drone, and then run assistant and update. Repeat for each battery. Regardless, once I verify that they have the latest firmware I am still not able to run them on the latest firmware.

Please see my instructions above. You must update the batteries using DJI GO.

Yes. Or, just update everything from DJI GO by following my instructions exactly.

Yes. Or, just update everything from DJI GO by following my instructions exactly.

Sorry to bother but would you kindly list out exactly what I should do? Also, didn't think I could update the firmware on the bird via the app. Doesn't it have to be plugged into something?

Well that did the trick for all but one of the batteries. I am running the latest firmware still but not getting a prompt to update the battery at all. I wonder if it bc I am now using the DJI Go 4 app versus the older app I was previously using that was causing some of these issues.

Last edited:
There are a lot of posts on the DJI forum on this topic. Those that mentioned resolving this issue have downgraded the Phantom firmware or downgraded it and upgraded it again. Here are some things I'd try:
  • Use a different mobile device to see if the update notification displays there.
  • Use the DJI Assistant 2 app to downgrade the Phantom firmware using one of the batteries that are showing that error. And, then upgrade the firmware again. That should upgrade the firmware on the battery.

There are a lot of posts on the DJI forum on this topic. Those that mentioned resolving this issue have downgraded the Phantom firmware or downgraded it and upgraded it again. Here are some things I'd try:
  • Use a different mobile device to see if the update notification displays there.
  • Use the DJI Assistant 2 app to downgrade the Phantom firmware using one of the batteries that are showing that error. And, then upgrade the firmware again. That should upgrade the firmware on the battery.

Just an update. I've tried to downgrade and then upgrade with no luck. I've also tried another device, same error. I'm also not getting an alert to update the battery from the home screen of the DJI Go app.
Any other thoughts before I return the battery?

I am having the same issues with one of my batteries. After the latest firmware update the battery stopped functioning giving me an error when trying to start the aircraft.

What can I do?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl