Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Battery Percentage Rapid Drop

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Rugby96, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Rugby96

I'm new here but have been reading alot and learned alot from all the posts. I went to fly my P3P today and when I turned the battery on and looked at GO App the percentage rapidly dropped with the P3P just sitting there not running. It slowed down about 65% and I did power up and flew around a bit watching and it seemed to act normal on the percentage drop while flying.
    Any ideas?

2. soulphantomflyer

All 4 cel have equal voltage?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

3. Rugby96

Yes all were same the best I remember. I'm gonna pull the data file later tonight and see for sure.

4. Rugby96

Checking it right now three cells 3.88 and one 3.87... Percentage is stable..

5. soulphantomflyer

Next time you use the quad. Run the battery down to 10% or less, then fully charge it back up. That should reset the smart battery calibration.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

6. Rugby96

I'll give it a shot.. Thanks!

7. vadajohn13

I have a related question...I have the P2 Vision + with two batteries. One has performed perfectly but the other started losing power in midflight after about 12 hours of use. I have done the depletion/recharge on both of them as indicated. When I do a diagnostic the readings are comparable for both batteries at full charge, 50% charge, and almost depleted. All three cells on both batteries are similar at each stage. I noticed the problem occurred the first time at 46% charge, the second time at 63% charge, and this last time at 82% charge. I fooled around with it and figured out that the problem happens only when it's under load, i.e., in flight. If I leave it on the ground with the props turning there isn't an issue and the battery seems to discharge normally. Any Ideas?

8. alokbhargava

Are you sure your battery didn't enter discharge state?

9. Rugby96

alokbhargava, If that was ? towards mine I had just charged it about 2 hours prior to incident..

10. vadajohn13

Forgive me for not replying sooner; I'm not sure what you mean by "discharge state." Can you describe this further?