Battery life

Reaction score
I live in AZ and we had some awesome storms and storm clouds the last week.
I usually have about an 45min to an hour to pull my P3P out and film some of our beautiful skies
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441197265.245728.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441197291.777236.jpg

Will my 110-115 degree temps affect my battery life?
And has anyone ever had issues with electronic interference from a storm? I do imagine that's a possibility right?

The P3 has a listed max operating temp of 40C/104F. That includes the battery. My guess is that in 110-115, you will have issues with your mobile device overheating, plus whatever issues may arise from flying 6-11 degrees above the stated max temps.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
Great questions, I know that you can get some pretty good interference from a storm, the battery life with those temps I can't answer. I don't know enough about these new batteries but I do know extreme cold will affect them.

i went out to the White Tanks on Saturday, and my iPhone overheated. no issues with the bird, but i only flew for about 10 minutes. hard to fly up the side of mountains when you can't see how close you are or what direction you are facing, so i shut it down. i've flown a few times in our lovely, Arizona heat, and i've never had any issues.

Reactions: biggin

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl