Battery issue for the first time

Reaction score
Hey guys never had any battery issues as of yet today while doing a long distance flight all was well reached 13000 feet was coming back by the time it reached right above me it had 48 % battery left so I was like let's take it out a bit more like close range all of a sudden the battery icon went red but then it went back to blue so I let it go like 1500 feet away from me and I suddenly notice that the light started blinking constantly and showing the it had no bars it started loosing altitude as well even though low battery auto go home is turned off I suddenly started bringing it back towards me and held the stick up to maintain altitude but **** it was scary cause it was very close to the building it came home and had a rough landing but thank God it just tipped over and stopped no harm to the quad after bringing it back I run the motors and let it drain the battery and it went down to 13% and then stopped the motors then it didn't start. Checked the battery info it said normal advice guys what should I do?

Check battery connection dust bugs maybe bent I've herd some people notice small connection problem making bird not turn on hope you get it back to normal

Get a nice bright light pull battery and start inspecting connection maybe even open top and look at connections
Small bumps and stuff can make connect lose

I rather have my bird not start up than to have it fly and have problems in mid air

Geert said:
I suggest you start with cleaning the battery contacts AND the data pins.
Most members use DeoXit to clean it but a normal contact cleaner is also ok.
I do clean my battery contacts and data pins every 10th flight.

Geert./.

Read online that lemon juice and vinegar are also used to clean battery contacts or should I use something else?

This is how it looks like now

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417952871.922034.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417952871.922034.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 957
Maybe its just the photo but the top power terminal looks black...

Also around where the power terminals connects to black plastic thing that holds them.. it looks like it has some green/yellow...stuff.. the top looks like it has more of it than the bottom one... Are these the type of batteries that can leak?? Kinda looks like what happens when you leave batteries in a tv remote for years...

While your cleaning make sure the 2 small data pins push in/spring out smoothly.

justin00 said:
Maybe its just the photo but the top power terminal looks black...

Also around where the power terminals connects to black plastic thing that holds them.. it looks like it has some green/yellow...stuff.. the top looks like it has more of it than the bottom one... Are these the type of batteries that can leak?? Kinda looks like what happens when you leave batteries in a tv remote for years...

While your cleaning make sure the 2 small data pins push in/spring out smoothly.

i have cleaned it as much as i could i will add here that i used the quad after a month since i was waiting for some mods and it was no functional

okay guys i used the shou screen recoding app to try to find out why i am having issue with my battery it seems like when i yaw left and right specially left my battery indicator on the app get red despite its above the warning level and then goes back to normal i am posting i link of the video so u guys can see and once it reaches the 30% mark and if i yaw it just starts descending really fast and land s or else i hold the stick up for it to maintain as much as altitude i can. plz help ?

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10 ... =2&theater

Might be worth buying new power supply module thingo..
Its only like $20 AUD... yours looks reallly grimey compared to.. well any I've seen.

This is from a seller in Melb, Australia..so it is probably even cheaper if you are in USA or EU.
Just posting up the link to show you the pic of what I'm talking about

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Phantom-2-Vi ... 1267873759

BTW I took mine out the other day to inspect it... was abit of a hassel, unless there is some trick.. To undo one of the screws (that you can't reach with a screw driver) you need to remove 2 of the ESCs.... so you can then move the main board, just enough to be able to undo the screw... but yeah.. perhaps there is a trick/much easier way.
There isnt enough slack from the cables between ESC and mainboard which is abit annoying...

But it seems like the data connections could be loose that are going from the terminal to the main board or where ever since while making it yaw it's doing it cause if it was an issue with the main battery connection it would have just shutdown or do some thing weird

One scary thing ive found is that when I lose or am about to lose WIFI connection, the battery indicator on the app drops to nonsensical numbers - always /RED/.

Once wifi comes back solid then I get the reading I should. Its pretty scary to see it do that, as of course its always when the bird is out at the edge of its range. Aircraft angle with respect to the ground station is a factor also, and wifi is better at certain angles than others. It sounds like thats what you saw - as you said it read bad whne you yawed/turned.

Bottom line - if your telemetry and video feed start to break up, dont be surprised if your battery (on the app - not on the bird LEDs) goes red. Get it back in solid range and it should return to normal.

djczing said:
One scary thing ive found is that when I lose or am about to lose WIFI connection, the battery indicator on the app drops to nonsensical numbers - always /RED/.

Once wifi comes back solid then I get the reading I should. Its pretty scary to see it do that, as of course its always when the bird is out at the edge of its range. Aircraft angle with respect to the ground station is a factor also, and wifi is better at certain angles than others. It sounds like thats what you saw - as you said it read bad whne you yawed/turned.

Bottom line - if your telemetry and video feed start to break up, dont be surprised if your battery (on the app - not on the bird LEDs) goes red. Get it back in solid range and it should return to normal.

Bro if you look at the video I posted I am not even 150 feet away from me so range is not the issue here my wii signals and feed is proper secondly my mods are capable of doing long range flights so I don't think that would be an issue that happens when u loose wifi signals and the whole thing stops

Simply pointing out a possibility - so when you do get that indication at range, you wont mistake it for something its not.

Well its either a battery issue, or a battery sensing issue. By the looks of it, its a sensing issue.

Besides whats been mentionned already, You might want to pull the top off, and use a meter to trace the sensing wires back to where they plug into the board, and where they do plug into the board, make sure that connection is good. While measing for a short with your meter, wiggle the connector around, and push the data pins in fully and see if you get an intermittent connection.

Other than that, I think all the other bases have been covered.

Good luck !

djczing said:
Well its either a battery issue, or a battery sensing issue. By the looks of it, its a sensing issue.

Besides whats been mentionned already, You might want to pull the top off, and use a meter to trace the sensing wires back to where they plug into the board, and where they do plug into the board, make sure that connection is good. While measing for a short with your meter, wiggle the connector around, and push the data pins in fully and see if you get an intermittent connection.

Other than that, I think all the other bases have been covered.

Good luck !

I did remove the top and checked the wires are soldered or the data pin is connected and where the data pin connects on the main board it kinda glued. I have checked most of it and all seems to be fine I'll try it with another battery then I guess it will be easy to tell.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan